Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, i'm very excited about the new car...i have been running a losi for about 4 years and it has treated me real well, but time for something different. Glad i was of help Mark.

I have been getting a foam car setup over the past few weeks, i think it is pretty close to where it needs to be, after the grand slam race i'l post the setup i have on it. I havn't gotten my rubber car yet.
Well I guess that's good because I've yet to get you that rubber tire setup . I'll see if I can get that posted soon for you (and anyone else interested).
Old 02-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
Shall we add the slacker who didn't race
HOT!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BagofSkill

The car feels good to drive, a nice balance in high and low speed corners, not too edgey to drive so consistency isn't bad- generally no complaints, but I could use some help to find more corner speed. The setup I finished today with was:

13.5 brushless/Li-Po
Standard 3.5 2.0mm bottom deck
Standard 3.5 top deck
Sorex 28R premount on Revlite
HB Moorespeed 159 shell

Front

Spool
High Position

No servo Saver

0' toe
screw block spacers 1.5mm front and rear
quick klips 2mm both sides
link washers horizontal 2.5mm
ride height 5mm
droop 5mm
1.4mm anti roll bar
4' castor
1.5' camber
link washers vertical 2.5mm
inboard pin kick up
pivot block spacers 0mm front and 2mm rear
steering link on the middle hole on the hub
shock on 2nd hole wishbone
3rd hole in on tower
40wt oil
Schu blue springs
3 hole pistons
Std centre track rod on 2nd hole fronm front

Rear

high diff hight
screw block spacers 2.5mm front 1.5mm rear
wishbone quick klips 2mm both sides
link washers horizontal 2.5mm
ride height 5mm
droop 5mm
anti roll bar 1.4mm
2.0' camber
link washers vertical 3mm
inboard pin horizontal
pivot block spacers
2mm front and rear
shock 2nd outmost hole on wishbone
3rd hole in on tower
inner hole on hub, no spacers
35wt oil
white springs
3 hole

like I said, the car feels pretty good to drive but I need to go faster. My feeling is that I need more grip for the slower corners and I suppose a bit more cornerspeed would help. If I lower the roll centres (by 0.5mm shims on either Front or Rear Verticle Link Washers) I get grip rolling.

Can anyone give me some ideas or suggestions?

Cheers, Chris
Your car probably digs pretty hard from just looking at the setup. I think you want to try to soften the setup and get the roll down some so the car will hopefully carve better and get you the corner speed your looking for. Try going to white springs and 35wt up front, 3mm droop front, 3.5mm droop rear, -1.5º rear camber, and 1.5mm vertical link washers up front.

The softer front shock setup should keep the front suspension from digging as hard, though it may roll more which is why I think you should decrease the droop (that'll help with traction rolling, too). Also going to 1.5mm front vertical link spacers will keep the front end flatter through the corner, as well as decreasing camber gain, which will also help with traction rolling. Decreasing rear camber should prevent the rear end from biting so hard which I think will benefit you for both traction rolling and corner speed. If you want you may also go to 2.5mm rear vertical link washers to get rid of some camber gain on the rear end.

Give those changes a shot and let me know how it goes .
Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now Available!

Interest/Questions PM or post on my thread.

Schumacher Mi3 Flex Chassis 2.0mm Chassis Protector Fits #U3145

Schumacher Mi3 Stiff Chassis 2.5mm Chassis Protector Fits #U3146

Old 03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default lipo batteries

I just picked up a 3.5 and wanted to now how everyone is attaching their lipos to the frame. Are you using the carbon fibre battery strap or battery tape? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I am running the Schumacher Mi3 and I have to car working good, I have good off power steering but I can't use the throttle thru corners at all or it pushes hard. I am only a few tenths slower than the fastest guys out there but I can't seem to push the car much harder anywhere but thru the corners and when I try it makes things worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glider72
I just picked up a 3.5 and wanted to now how everyone is attaching their lipos to the frame. Are you using the carbon fibre battery strap or battery tape? Thanks!
Battery tape. Just do it!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glider72
I use a ppd weight plate with my battery double stuck to it, then i tape the hole assembly in with strapping tape, works very well.

Originally Posted by anotherrcguy
I am running the Schumacher Mi3 and I have to car working good, I have good off power steering but I can't use the throttle thru corners at all or it pushes hard. I am only a few tenths slower than the fastest guys out there but I can't seem to push the car much harder anywhere but thru the corners and when I try it makes things worse.

Please post your setup and track conditions, we could be more helpful then.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

come see me on sunday at the track I have a set up for you
Old 03-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Hey Patrick here is my set up for Adrenaline
Attached Files
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Copied from the main Schumacher forum.

Setup by UK national mod champion (3 years in a row) Chris Grainger for the 3.5 using rubber tyres on carpet.

Hi Everyone

Here is a carpet set up that me and Lee have worked our way towards, I would say it was a good starting point

Mi3.5 Carpet set-up

Front

Arm type Graphite

Caster block New medium type

Roll bar Gold

Upper shock position 3rd in

Lower shock position Outer

Piston Tamiya #3

Oil 40wt

Rebound 50%

Spring HPI Pink

Upper link width spacer 2.5mm

Upper link height spacer 2mm

Wishbone width spacer 2mm all round

Wishbone height spacer 2mm all round

Ackerman plate, short balls close together, base plate 3rd hole back

Droop 4.5mm at bottom of arm

No Hex spacer

Rear

Arm type Graphite

Roll bar Silver

Upper shock position 3rd hole in New wider tower

Lower shock position 3rd out

Piston Tamiya #3

Oil 40wt

Rebound 50%

Spring HPI Silver

Upper link width spacer 2.5mm

Upper link height spacer 4mm

Upper link outer inner hole 0 spacer

Wishbone width spacer 1mm front 0.5mm rear

Wishbone height spacer 3mm all round

Droop 5.5mm at bottom of arm

1mm hex spacer

Chassis 2.5mm hard 6 cell

Top deck Std fitted backwards

Grey belts

Servo horn modified, ball mounted between upper and lower hole, High hole makes the steering to fast, lower to slow and restricts lock

Thanks

Chris

Ride hight 5.5mm all round

Front camber 2 degree

rear camber 2 degree

Front toe + 1

I always prefer harder arms, they are more consistent, softer arms can flex to much as the grip comes up, But the softer caster block gives more steering

Yes Tamiya pistons are 1.1 x3

Sorry There is so much to remember on this car! Great you can adjust everything just hard to remember it all!!

Diff and spool set low, Rubber Modified and 10.5 racing the spool never comes out, indoor or outdoors. Wheelbase is 2-2 rear and 3-1 front 1 behind the arms 3 in front..

yes the 2.5 chassis is way better on carpet, I have not run the car outside yet so cant confirm its better there..

Chris

Last edited by Skiddins; 03-03-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: More Info added by Chris in the UK
Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

this is a question for you guys that have tried the new wide rear shock tower.

is it worth it? what does it do?

i read the news letter, but have any racers that have used it have any reports?

thanks, the cop
Old 03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if your still looking for a setup i'l post one shortly for you to try and who ever else that won'ts to try it also.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Here are some things to try:

standing up rear shocks - will cause more rear sidebite entering and mid corner, but give you more on throttle steering. If you can sacrifice a little rotation mid corner this may do the trick.

less front droop - will keep more weight on the front end when on throttle, this shouldn't change your off power steering much.

more caster - turn in wont be as aggressive, but the car will rotate harder, your high speed steering will improve, and your on throttle steering will improve. If you're not at risk of traction rolling, I'd try increasing caster first. Never forget, caster is faster!

add kick-up - this is similar to increasing caster, I can't notice much of a difference between adding kickup and adding caster. But with kickup you can do it in much smaller increments (on the Mi3.5 you can change it as little as 1/4mm).
Old 03-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its MINI-DUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you movn back home???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.