*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Is the shorty servo a must on this car? I have 3 high quality spare servos and would really like to avoid buying a shorty to add to it. Any pics with standard size servos on-board? Any input is appreciated!!!

Kevin
Old 11-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011
Is the shorty servo a must on this car? I have 3 high quality spare servos and would really like to avoid buying a shorty to add to it. Any pics with standard size servos on-board? Any input is appreciated!!!

Kevin
You can definitely run a standard sized servo at the expense of weight and space.

If that's what you have right now, run it and swap it out later if you want.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

I saw the "Ghost" image on the VBC website... it's removed now - VBC you are killing me. I gotta see this chassis before I get a second touring car.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I saw the "Ghost" image on the VBC website... it's removed now - VBC you are killing me. I gotta see this chassis before I get a second touring car.
http://www.redrc.net/2013/11/vbc-rac...ar/#more-73728
Old 11-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I want some of those white plastic parts so I can dye them red...
Old 11-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default HOLY CRAP

I haven't driven sedan on carpet since 2006, built one of these up this week took it out today for what I thought was going to be a new build shakedown and it went immediately to a tuning session. The car was so smooth right off the bat, Put one of the local Factory guys set-ups on and was immediately fast. Such a friendly car to drive, felt I knew where the edge was right off the bat. I'm an old X-Ray convert but am not looking back!!!! Way to go VBC!!!!

Kevin
Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011
I haven't driven sedan on carpet since 2006, built one of these up this week took it out today for what I thought was going to be a new build shakedown and it went immediately to a tuning session. The car was so smooth right off the bat, Put one of the local Factory guys set-ups on and was immediately fast. Such a friendly car to drive, felt I knew where the edge was right off the bat. I'm an old X-Ray convert but am not looking back!!!! Way to go VBC!!!!

Kevin
We are glad you enjoy the car!!! Feel free to ask us any questions if you have them. I'll see you at the Timezone Grand Prix.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Ive been told there are wider hex hubs available. All I can find are the 0mm offset stock ones. Does anyone have a part number for the wider hexes or what do people run to get the wider offset besides spacers. I have 2mm in there noe and I dont like how little the contact patch is with the wheel. Really would like a wider hex.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Getting ready for the Nats here in SA, the last round of the year. Going to be some very close racing up front, glad to have the D06 in my pits. Practice starts tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Ive been told there are wider hex hubs available. All I can find are the 0mm offset stock ones. Does anyone have a part number for the wider hexes or what do people run to get the wider offset besides spacers. I have 2mm in there noe and I dont like how little the contact patch is with the wheel. Really would like a wider hex.
Hey Prof, not sure I follow personally, are you sure its not camber / camber gain settings which need adjusting? To me the contact patch is determined by how the angle of the wheel is controlled, rather than track width. But that's just me.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Reese Bobby
Getting ready for the Nats here in SA, the last round of the year. Going to be some very close racing up front, glad to have the D06 in my pits. Practice starts tomorrow.
Hi there Reese,
The Nats is going to be hectic for sure.
I only recently discovered the VBC chassis and must admit being a big AE fan the D06 does draw my attention.
I would like to come and have a closer look at your chassis this weekend if you do not mind.
I will be at the track on Friday
Old 11-13-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Not contact patch of the tire to the surface but contact patch of the hex to the inside of the wheel. When spacers are used, less of the hex hub is inside the wheel hex leading to possible stripping of the wheel hex. If there were a wider hex available then less/no spacers would be needed to achieve the desired track width. I am running into this issue with VTA wheels due to the offset of the wheel. I am in need of a wider hex. With the stock hex hub there is plenty of threads remaining on the axle shaft for up to 4mm wider on each side. I do not want to go that wide but I think 2mm would work great.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Not contact patch of the tire to the surface but contact patch of the hex to the inside of the wheel. When spacers are used, less of the hex hub is inside the wheel hex leading to possible stripping of the wheel hex. If there were a wider hex available then less/no spacers would be needed to achieve the desired track width. I am running into this issue with VTA wheels due to the offset of the wheel. I am in need of a wider hex. With the stock hex hub there is plenty of threads remaining on the axle shaft for up to 4mm wider on each side. I do not want to go that wide but I think 2mm would work great.
Hi Prof, I see what you mean. XRay and CSO do manufacture offset hexes. You could also possibly try the VBC Dynamics suspension blocks? (Haven't worked out the final track width for myself but maybe this chart helps?)

Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Widening at the blocks is different than widening at the hub, and I am guessing he is specifically wanting the latter. If you widen at the blocks you are moving all of the various suspension components (but not the shock towers) so it is a bigger change than just width, if that helps makes sense.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi all,
I am guessing I am fairly new to this thread. ^_^
I would like to express How much I like this new kit.
I used to run AE TC6.1. Compare to that, VBC build me a far more better quality car with zero sloppy, tones of steering and corner speed right out of box with default setting.
Even one of Xray guys admire me after having a look at my new gem..LOL
I would like to say thank you to Roche.hk for the fast dispatch service and good communication.
Chat with you guys more here later!
Ah, BTW, I have write a car kit building doco posted on my racing blog (check my signature http://speedyrc.blogspot.com.au),
Welcome to have a look and leave some comments.

Cheers

Last edited by sashimi999; 11-13-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.