Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Scuff the oval blocks on the Tamiya tires before each run. We used to run on an identical track.......scuff the tires.
Old 11-22-2001, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info and I've added the site to my favorites.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks TPhalen. Cleaned my comm... no more probs...
Old 11-26-2001, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

I raced at my first indoor onroad race this past weekend and learned a few things and have a question or 2. I am new to sedans (only 3 race nights on the car) and I guess I didn't quite grasp how much tires made a difference. I borrowed a set of takeoff 27s(???) and they worked good during practice and 1st round of qualifying, but started to push in the second round and became worse for the main. I believe the track cooled a little. That is I think why the car pushed more. I understand a tire change would have been best, but is there something I could have done to the car to make it push a little less. This was the basic setup I was running. This is on a tc3 racer kit. front - #2 piston, 40wt, red spring, stock camber location, upper shock mount in middle hole rear - #2 , 40wt, blue spring, stock camber , outer hole on shock tower. Also, what would be a couple good sets of tires to have that would get me through some temp changes. I mainly race offroad and don't really want to have 20 sets of tires for my onroad car. I have raced outdoor parking lot with it in the summer and yok firm, firm unbelted tires work well and are inexpensive.

E
Old 11-26-2001, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, first off, I'd find out which tires the really fast guys are using. They are the ones that are gonna know which tire and insert to use.

I would try the Standard Worlds' Setup. This is the setup I tell everyone to try first. It has worked at almost EVERY track we go to, most of the time with only very small changes to the setup. This will get you in the ballpark. It is mainly set to use a one-way, but it also works pretty well with a diff.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

TPhalen : hi!!! i'm currently using a factory team TC3. do i have to change some of the parts for the "worlds setting"? thanks

Old 11-27-2001, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

I'm back from Procar Open. Check out my site for a race report. Andreas Myrberg(HPI/LRP) won in front of Mikael Fransson(X-Ray/LRP). I came in fourth place and I'm ok with that considering I qualified 8th.

My car worked really good. I will post my setup on my website soon.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Badboy: No. The FTTC3 comes with everything except the one-way; the setup will work ok without it but, if you're used to driving with one, I'd consider getting it. Learning to drive with a one-way will make you a much faster, consistent driver. I'm not saying you can't be fast without it, but, in my experiences, the one-way is the way to go.

Airwide: Congrats on the 4th place finish!!!
Old 11-27-2001, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a fttc3 and race stock with my p2k copper head pro.
I want to try mod. What motor should i get? i was looking at asssociated ti. What turn should i get and why.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have you run into conditions where the one way either doesn't work or you don't like the way it felt? If so what were the conditions. It isn't an inexpensive upgrade, so I hate to buy one if my racing conditions won't benefit from it.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

TP : thanks!!! might consider getting 1 one of these days. tried downloading some setups from your site but it takes too long too load? do i need a special program to download it?

thanks!!!

Old 11-27-2001, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

TonyP.

Hi,
I have some questions for you. have you ever ran on high bite carpet??? (like Cleveland????). we raced there this past weekend and while tuning the TC3 I thought about raising the roll center on the car. I would have raised the shock towers up about .050" but I thought better of this as I really didn't get a chance to try it in practice and the first two quailifers. and really didn't want to chance it the main. have you done this yet??? and have you tried a shaft one way yet??? we are running one at the club races (indoors/carpet) but I usally take it out at higher bite tracks. any thoughts on this???

Thanks

Fakk2
Old 11-28-2001, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Ok....here we go....

Gump0220: Moving from stock to mod is a big jump, especially if you're not completely ready for it. On the downside, modified really stresses out a car....it doubles the wear on the car. On the up side, it can be ridiculously fast!!! Reedy motor...GREAT choice!!! I would suggest something fast but not stupid fast...maybe like an 12, 11 or possibly a 10. This will give you plenty of speed but still give you good run time. Depending on your track, the traction will dictate which wind to get. A Single will give you TONS of punch while a Double, Triple or Quad will be much smoother. High traction, get a Single. Medium to low traction, get a Double or Triple.

mystererc: A one-way will work under all conditions, but the place a diff will excell is on a low bite track or a smaller track with lots of hairpins. Hairpins are hard to drive with a one-way. One-ways rule on larger, open tracks with large sweepers.

badboy: Sorry about that. I'm finding the more setups I put on there the longer it's taking to load. What kind of connection are you using??? (56K, DSL...etc?) I have to find a way to fix that...

Fakk2: I've only run on carpet twice. We don't have a carpet track around to really get any practice on it or find a setup I really like. At the Carpet Nats in Florida a couple years ago I found that slamming the car and stiffening it up helped the most. The traction was SOOOOOOO high it was ridiculous!!! The carpet was starting to stretch!!! So, kind of a bad example. Sorry...wish I could be of more help with this one....
Old 11-28-2001, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Fakk2: Raising the shock towers lowers the roll center. To get the highest roll center possible you should mount the links to the lower hole on the shock tower. In the front you can get a even higher roll center by raising the ball stud on the caster blocks, but I don't know if you want to do that or not. I prefer even roll center front to rear.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

There ya go....

Thanks Airwide!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.