Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kmags
I hope that I am posting this in the right thread.

What would be a good touring car body for a T4 on a technical, tight, HIGH traction track. I'm running 17.5 blinky.

Thanks
You should get both the LTC-R and the Speed 6, the Speed 6 is the kit carpet setup and on high traction carpet will be freer and easier to drive IMHO. But the point is that you should have both as a tuning option.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bucknuts
You should get both the LTC-R and the Speed 6, the Speed 6 is the kit carpet setup and on high traction carpet will be freer and easier to drive IMHO. But the point is that you should have both as a tuning option.
This is very true, and the LTC-R will make the car feel like you have a lot of front traction, where the Speed 6 has a more neutral feel to it. Also, lightweight and regular weight can make a huge handling difference. If the grip is very high, a regular weight body can actually cause a traction roll, or if the rear of the car is kinda loose, a regular weight will make the car feel more planted. But the heavier body will increase the center of gravity.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What is the prefered way to round the chassis edge down? I have an array of tools, sanders, 20+ files, etc. I've never done it before, so I need some experienced help before I dare to touch it. I don't care about quickness, I'll spend as much time as needed to do it right.

My T3'12 I bought has a killer job done on it's edging, perfectly rounded off, even the top plate is done and thats what I'm looking for on the T4. Also what style glue is a good choice to use for the sealing? I use Sweep Thin on my tires and it flows really well, would it be too thin to use ( meaning it may not lay a thick enuf layer )?
Old 12-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucknuts
Originally Posted by Adam B
This is very true, and the LTC-R will make the car feel like you have a lot of front traction, where the Speed 6 has a more neutral feel to it. Also, lightweight and regular weight can make a huge handling difference. If the grip is very high, a regular weight body can actually cause a traction roll, or if the rear of the car is kinda loose, a regular weight will make the car feel more planted. But the heavier body will increase the center of gravity.
don't rule out the p37 too. a little less turn in than the LTC, but a little freer than the 6. got to love all the options
Old 12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I use one of my wifes nail emery boards for the rough shaping then finish with 600 wet sand paper. Do it while running water on the chassis, you don't want carbon fiber in your lungs! Don't file, sand or CA the top deck, it changes the way it flexes. I finish with thin CA, sand and apply the another coat of CA. You can easily get a mirror finish on the edge of your chassis if you're patient. Makes a big difference on carpet!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alloyslash
What is the prefered way to round the chassis edge down? I have an array of tools, sanders, 20+ files, etc. I've never done it before, so I need some experienced help before I dare to touch it. I don't care about quickness, I'll spend as much time as needed to do it right.

My T3'12 I bought has a killer job done on it's edging, perfectly rounded off, even the top plate is done and thats what I'm looking for on the T4. Also what style glue is a good choice to use for the sealing? I use Sweep Thin on my tires and it flows really well, would it be too thin to use ( meaning it may not lay a thick enuf layer )?
Alloy, get to Autozone or Wallie and pick up a assortment pack of wet sand paper . Start with 400/600 until u get the shape u want to see Then polish it with the 1000/1500 .
Get u some super thin CA glue and with a cotton qtip dip it all the way into the bottle(soak entire end of qtip) and then role it down the edge of chassis it will dry fast in the qtip so have a few on handit should take 4-5 ... bring to track suSunday if skidish and I will explain better
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam B
Good news for me. I ordered the LTC-R and Speed 6 both light and regular weight.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just finished up building my t4. Went together as well as any other x ray I've built. The car seems to have some nice features such as the new motor mount and definitely the servo mount. We'll see how it compares to my bd7. I'm starting with Paul's Cleveland setup with a few tweaks such as 1k in the rear diff and different Ackerman settings.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

I used this as a really good article.

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...article&sid=16
Old 12-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Just finished up building my t4. Went together as well as any other x ray I've built. The car seems to have some nice features such as the new motor mount and definitely the servo mount. We'll see how it compares to my bd7. I'm starting with Paul's Cleveland setup with a few tweaks such as 1k in the rear diff and different Ackerman settings.
Run it box standard and change from their. It's the best way to have a car suited to u
Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Very good article, thanks!! By doing it that way it seems that you'd take the same amount of material off each side and have a perfect " crest " on the edge.

Is everyone sealing the countersunk holes in the plate also?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
What? Tired of the bd7 already or just tired of breaking things.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Stupid phone.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerz616
What? Tired of the bd7 already or just tired of breaking things.
Lol.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Very good article, thanks!! By doing it that way it seems that you'd take the same amount of material off each side and have a perfect " crest " on the edge.

Is everyone sealing the countersunk holes in the plate also?
Just seal the bumper holes (3).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.