Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCDK
Hi.

Antiroll bars are in the kit. 2x1,4mm. Alu pully = yes if you drive modified. Djc axels = maybe - I would prefer them. Nylon spol = no. The car is about 30 grams lighter than the TE. Belt tensioner = no. I never used them and never had a problem. Hard plastics = no. The new medium plastic parts are as hard as the old hard version. New hard plastics are even harder.

So you are a bit too negative.
Gotta agree. Only real thing missin IMO is the DCJ's.
I've found the plastic pulleys to be fine, even in mod.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So if i wanted toget rid of my non te s411 what would i get for it? Id jeep my te for sure.

It has a new chassis only run once on carpet.
Looks pretty good =) could include some spares from my lot. This isnt a for sale but curious what i could get toward a new 12th scale or... This new eryx for mod in summer
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so with the new length shocks,will you need shorter springs or will normal length still fit/work
Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Professor
so with the new length shocks,will you need shorter springs or will normal length still fit/work
You can still use the standard length springs. Shock body is only 6mm shorter
Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Ordered my new Kit Eta into Australia is 2 to 3 weeks. If your in Aus and keen get onto Walters ASAP as they are being snapped up fast by the looks of it...
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default This looks great

I had questioned using mini shocks before and the shock tower height before but this kit has answered all the questions and coming with two motor mounts is a great way to provide a tuneing feature for the chassis.
since we changed to Serpent ive picked up a coupe of old ones along the way and they truly are a quality item as they all respond so well to tunining changes and as for this new Variant i cant see it being any different..iill find a deposit for jeffs new one but is old one running in mod still a realy great car

What are the old chassis worth...iv picked one up with servo for $220 but even and old Serpent is better than some of the other brands out their...

Do the NEW towers fit the old chassis...be a great hot up for old ones
Well done serpent
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i believe the new towers with the shorter shocks will fit the old car. i am still using the First Car i built, back when it was first released. ibaught a second kit for Nats, but have since sold that to a club member as they wanted to buy one of my cars, so i sold him the better one of the 2. but it was only better cause it was newer, my first Gen 411 is still going very much along, but i have requested the new car
Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

The other thing I'm liking on the Eryx... lower centre bulkheads... no more phaffing with shims for me, as I run with the L centre brace and single top deck screw all the time
Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Harder C-hub front
A standard system on all high-end touring cars, the S411 features a front C-hub system. The car comes standard with a 4-degree caster block but is also supplied with a pair of 2 and 6-degree blocks. The C-hub is large enough to take out the drive-shaft assembly without dis-assembling the c-hubs.
I found this interesting in the Specs blurb. Considering there are no plastic optional c hubs listed in the parts pages yet. Also looks like we might not add to our yellow and orange spring collection with black and grey being listed in the default set up. One of the only thing's that bugs me about Serpent is I really think they should have changed the part numbers on the new suspension arms and hubs etc to avoid us ordering old stock parts when we are expecting the new beefier versions. Looks like its the same with the spur bearing supports which are now lower profile but same part code again.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi.

For everybody, who is interested in the cheaper Serpent S411 Sport, I have made a race report from the Danish DHI Cup, where my son Rasmus raced the Sport in the superstock class. He made a 18th place out of 95 drivers with a stock S411 Sport. Only option parts were the anti roll bar set.

Link is here: http://serpent.com/news/13633/DHI-Cu...Sport-kit.html
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I found this interesting in the Specs blurb. Considering there are no plastic optional c hubs listed in the parts pages yet. Also looks like we might not add to our yellow and orange spring collection with black and grey being listed in the default set up. One of the only thing's that bugs me about Serpent is I really think they should have changed the part numbers on the new suspension arms and hubs etc to avoid us ordering old stock parts when we are expecting the new beefier versions. Looks like its the same with the spur bearing supports which are now lower profile but same part code again.
would be good to see a part number then add -2 to know its for the new car. or just a new part #
Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCDK
Hi.

For everybody, who is interested in the cheaper Serpent S411 Sport, I have made a race report from the Danish DHI Cup, where my son Rasmus raced the Sport in the superstock class. He made a 18th place out of 95 drivers with a stock S411 Sport. Only option parts were the anti roll bar set.

Link is here: http://serpent.com/news/13633/DHI-Cu...Sport-kit.html
Great report from the DHI cup, sounds like you guys got a very good result against some great competition. Thanks for the article.

Steve
Old 01-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

just letting people know ill be producing some low tac vinyl chassis protector sheets shortly for this car. this material is very similar to cell phone screen protectors. ill probably sell them in 3's so you can laminate them twice or three times depending on the abusiveness of your racing surface. two lamination repelled the scissors pretty good.

kind of a gauging interest to how many i should plan to make. obviously they will be cut to fit the chassis leaving all countersinks and cutouts exposed for easy service =)
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
just letting people know ill be producing some low tac vinyl chassis protector sheets shortly for this car. this material is very similar to cell phone screen protectors. ill probably sell them in 3's so you can laminate them twice or three times depending on the abusiveness of your racing surface. two lamination repelled the scissors pretty good.

kind of a gauging interest to how many i should plan to make. obviously they will be cut to fit the chassis leaving all countersinks and cutouts exposed for easy service =)
great idea send me a pm with price ill get a couple
Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

something else I just picked up on... shock volume is the same with the lower shocks... so does that mean bigger diameter bodies (and new pistons?) or has the height all been removed from other parts, so the damper body is still the same size... looking at the pics, I'm guessing the latter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.