Wiki Posts
Search

MADERA R/C RACEWAY OFFICIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by BIGG BALLS
Club thing is good but my thought if ya don't mind fellas? Is that lets say we pick the corner of Blackstone and Shaw to build our new Off road track we can even get the clay for free and maybe set up a HPI Slam or LOSI slam to come out. But I think we should first before anything talk to who might be renting the place or maybe who owns it....HT is in charge and until they step down I don't want to waste time because because time my friend you can never get back. Money you can always make...sry if i sound negative but we need to get the DUCKS in a row
we did talk to the owner of the property or DAZ did,that specific area is butted up against homes,you tell me what will happen the first time they hear 10 1/8ths screaming down the straight,and this is not to sound neg. but i have tried looking elsewhere and for the cost compared to where we are atit would be stupid to move it a major intersection without sometype of MAJOR backing.i dont know about you but i dont know anyone willing to drop $150,000 plus to get something like this off the ground the way you are talking.

revalation has $300,000 plus tied up in two tracks,its easy to say this is what we need to do,but im trying to accomplish this with what we have and right now we have a place that might as well be rent free for what were paying and an established base now we need to build it from the ground up so we can buy the property at blackstone and shaw to build a world class facility

we tried that already,heres a list of ducks that would need to be lined up
1.property-at .38 cents a foot you do the math on how many racers we would need week in week out.
2.insurance-and not just ROAR ins. were talking about liability
3.there are houses in that area that WILL complain

thats a lot to overcome,i willing to listen to all ideas but the main thing is it comes down to someone needs to be in charge that gives a rats ass about the track and racers,right now depending of which way the wind is blowing we have someone on one day who loves it and the next day hates it.

btw-if group of you guys want to get together other then out at the track to discuss this let me know ill be glad to,right now im doing this on my own because the other person helping decided he couldnt do it anymore so right now the ball is in my court and i will be willing to listen to all ideas if you want to meet at a pizza place or somewhere else lmk tonight and we'll set it up.

steven
Old 09-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hate to throw another wrench in..but dont forget about the permits needed to have a race track in the city..its about $10,000 and just because you paid the fee does not mean you get a track.. thats one reason why the track is where its at.. or so i understand.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Steve Web site can be done in a hour or two...Tonight I will share some more Ideas like a new Hobby shop with on and off road racing at the same time...you can sit in the stands and watch 3 tracks just might need your help on how to pull it off...Trust me I got the Money
Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DIRTY ERNIE
Steve Web site can be done in a hour or two...Tonight I will share some more Ideas like a new Hobby shop with on and off road racing at the same time...you can sit in the stands and watch 3 tracks just might need your help on how to pull it off...Trust me I got the Money
hey ernie sounds great,come by and see me

do you race at the madera track?

steven
Old 09-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Hate to throw another wrench in..but dont forget about the permits needed to have a race track in the city..its about $10,000 and just because you paid the fee does not mean you get a track.. thats one reason why the track is where its at.. or so i understand.
exactly,which is why i would push to use the exsisting location over moving to a high traffic area.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

well, the lst just got put together in time and job one is to make sure the savages go winless tonight

i'll see you all out there

steven
Old 09-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

WOOHOO!!!!!

500 posts
Old 09-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
well, the lst just got put together in time and job one is to make sure the savages go winless tonight

i'll see you all out there

steven

You better have a flawless run!
Old 09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bone$
You better have a flawless run!
no i dont have one of those,it's an lst didnt you see it last week?

see ya tonight savage boy
steven
Old 09-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Steven Just wanted to say you owe me 4 Laps...I 'll give you $100 for that LST need a real pretty stand for my Savage J/K man I know your just a heart beat away from getting that truck to run right...
Old 09-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well the Mutt (LAS) pulled the win last night that Savage or LST was nowhere to be found LOL . You know whats nutty is the bad luck seems hit diffrent people at diffrent times. I know it wasnt long ago when i was sweating just trying to start my dam truck LOL. BALLS i think you are the rebuild king out there ive never seen anybody rebuild diffs or do a complete motor change so many times . Now Steves getting hit with the BS and if i do my calculations im thinking DAZ is next . It cant be Chris because we know that guy has problems no matter what week it is
Anyway good times all together it was and is alot of fun to mixx it up.

Hey Big Balls i drove Steves buggy last night and OMG that thing turns like a slot car it was freaking crazy how tight and responsive his buggy was. Now i know what turning is all about.

Jammin did well last night i was proud of it. It seems to jump very easy and handle the bumpy spots like nothing. I does turn better than the Hyper but im going to upgrade that stearing servo what one is that again Steve??
I ended up 2nd overall with Billy in 1st hes a great driver.

Anyway time to clean up and get ready for next week.

See ya guys then

Good racing last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BIGG BALLS
Steven Just wanted to say you owe me 4 Laps...I 'll give you $100 for that LST need a real pretty stand for my Savage J/K man I know your just a heart beat away from getting that truck to run right...
Old 09-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Well the Mutt (LAS) pulled the win last night that Savage or LST was nowhere to be found LOL . You know whats nutty is the bad luck seems hit diffrent people at diffrent times. I know it wasnt long ago when i was sweating just trying to start my dam truck LOL. BALLS i think you are the rebuild king out there ive never seen anybody rebuild diffs or do a complete motor change so many times . Now Steves getting hit with the BS and if i do my calculations im thinking DAZ is next . It cant be Chris because we know that guy has problems no matter what week it is

Hey Big Balls i drove Steves buggy last night and OMG that thing turns like a slot car it was freaking crazy how tight and responsive his buggy was. Now i know what turning is all about.

Jammin did well last night i was proud of it. It seems to jump very easy and handle the bumpy spots like nothing. I does turn better than the Hyper but im going to upgrade that stearing servo what one is that again Steve??

See ya guys then

it was great racing last night guys,i knew i would be having problems from the start same thing happened with my savage when i built it it took about a month for it to come in. so the growing pains are expected but i can tkae solace in the fact that i beat bigg balls by 2 laps..... with only first gear????.... man imagine if it was shifting

j/k brent, look ill let you all in on a little secret i take as much smack as you want to throw my way im a big boy i can take it,BUT when the tables are turned you at upset if you are going to lay it on then you have to expect it back.

john the servo you want is the hitec 5945 it about 180lbs that shopuld solve some of you turning issues,also set the buggy up so that it gets through the tightest turn at the track then it will hit the rest with ease.

if your looking for a set up heres what i have on mine it should work with yours they are pretty comparable

fr. springs-im running the second softest sportwerks makes
re.springs- same as front

fr. fluid- 30wt
re. fluid- 30wt

caster-arms all the way back(this is the most the mayhem allows)

diff fluid
fr.-7k
mid.-10k
re.-5k

re. links-i made threar of the buggy as long as possible

ride height
front and rear are bones level

toe
fr.-1 degree out
re.-3 degrees in

this shoud be a good start point just play with it, if you are going by one of the jammin setups we normally run on a bumpy,semi loose track see what they have for that kind of surface.

talk to you guys later

steven
Old 09-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DIRTY ERNIE

Please dont leave me out of the loop! Pm me please and tell me more you got my attention.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

See ya guys then

Id have to agree!! As much tinkering Ive been doing this week I just know Im going to have Engine trouble!!! Thats cool you took a 1st and a second in one night and also the first night you raced the new buggy thats pretty good!!! I hope I can make it next friday,To see If I can compete !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.