CLUTCH SHOES--LEADING or FALLOW??!!??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLUTCH SHOES--LEADING or FALLOW??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

I dont know how you define snap but if you dont change other things & just turn your shoes around you'll get bog,meaning your shoes will engage at lower RPM & lock almost solid almost immediately. Just try it & see what you think,only cost you an hour of your time to see if you like it or not.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by butch man
I dont know how you define snap but if you dont change other things & just turn your shoes around you'll get bog,meaning your shoes will engage at lower RPM & lock almost solid almost immediately. Just try it & see what you think,only cost you an hour of your time to see if you like it or not.
No the springs determine when they engage not the way the clutch shoes are installed. Yes installing them leading once they grab they wedge/lock into the bell hard with no slipping with alum shoes.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Adept

In regards to grass racing and using a losi 4 shoe setup, how do you think running 2 aluminium shoes in the normal way with gold springs and then running 2 carbon shoes as you call leading with gold springs go???

We race on grass and our tracks are built from transported piping so the tracks are never huge and have plenty of sharp turns.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i always run mine trailing, their more consitent and the shoes will last longer. not to mention the light stress that you engine will experance compared to leading your shoes.

on my d8 ill run carbon shoes indoors 99% of the time

ill run alumiums outdoors to give the car a little more grunt
Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fleggasaurus
In regards to grass racing and using a losi 4 shoe setup, how do you think running 2 aluminium shoes in the normal way with gold springs and then running 2 carbon shoes as you call leading with gold springs go???

We race on grass and our tracks are built from transported piping so the tracks are never huge and have plenty of sharp turns.

Thanks
You can mix and match shoes and springs... but you can't run half one direction and half the other... it just doesn't fit that way.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Run your Losi clutch with 4 carbon and gold springs leading. Perfect engagement, shoes and bearings will last almost forever. Polish the clutch bell inside before running.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

pdmustgt when you turn the shoes around it changes the leverage the shoes have on the springs because of direction of rotation. The no slip factor also has more of an effect on enguagement feel. I dont think people realize how much clutch shoes slip during normal trailing use. I never tell people to take my word for it just spend the time to try & you'll se what I mean. It makes a 5,000-7,000 rpm difference coming out of corners.Your eng will bog badly if you change nothing else.