Search
Like Tree1Likes

Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Josh, going back to race mini with us after Reedy?
Yes
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

How are you guys retaining your battery pack in the lipo chassis? Tape or something else? I'd prefer to use something other than tape such as a velcro strap or similar.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SteveM
How are you guys retaining your battery pack in the lipo chassis? Tape or something else? I'd prefer to use something other than tape such as a velcro strap or similar.
I just use tape and it works fine.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default vm2 parts

who has parts for the car besides egrracing or hkshobbies i was told not to deal with hks
Old 05-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigtee
who has parts for the car besides egrracing or hkshobbies i was told not to deal with hks
The only ones i know of are, EGR Mart, Atomic and HKS Hobby! I have ordered from all of them and have had no problems! Just takes a little time getting stuff cause there all in Hong Kong!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
The only ones i know of are, EGR Mart, Atomic and HKS Hobby! I have ordered from all of them and have had no problems! Just takes a little time getting stuff cause there all in Hong Kong!
and Miracle Mart has some parts
Old 05-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SteveM
I just picked up one of these kits and darn if it isn't missing parts. Went to build the shocks that were sealed in bags and found that I'm missing two of the blue alloy lower shock caps. Also missing one black plastic lower shock spring retainers. Pretty disappointing.
Hooray.....Atomic came through for me and sent the missing shock parts.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So im in the market right now for a Pro M - chassis.

sounds like the best 2 are:

Fujin 211go
Atomic VM2

i know that this is thread for VM2 do any of you guys wish you went with the 211go?

Which car has easier access in parts.
Which car is more durable?
Which is better?

Thank you everyone.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

There is a local racer that runs a Fujin 211go. I got to check it out up close in person. In my opinion, it is the better car. (Just really needs a thinner, lipo specific chassis and its good to go!) There is significantly less slop, and seems a bit better build quality too. I like how its closely based on the TRF416. The only issue is I don't even know where you can buy the kit new and parts are very difficult to get! Unless you know of a steady source, please let me know.

Durability should be similar. VM2 parts I used to get from a local hobby store that has since closed down but I ordered numerous times from EGR Mart too and they are great. Usually get parts in a week to a week and half. Shipping is not too bad for the small stuff.

The VM2 has a lot of QC issues out of the box and numerous little fixes to get it going just right. In the end, I still think its one of the best currently available minis once you get it all sorted out, but the quality annoys me greatly.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
There is a local racer that runs a Fujin 211go. I got to check it out up close in person. In my opinion, it is the better car. (Just really needs a thinner, lipo specific chassis and its good to go!) There is significantly less slop, and seems a bit better build quality too. I like how its closely based on the TRF416. The only issue is I don't even know where you can buy the kit new and parts are very difficult to get! Unless you know of a steady source, please let me know.

Durability should be similar. VM2 parts I used to get from a local hobby store that has since closed down but I ordered numerous times from EGR Mart too and they are great. Usually get parts in a week to a week and half. Shipping is not too bad for the small stuff.

The VM2 has a lot of QC issues out of the box and numerous little fixes to get it going just right. In the end, I still think its one of the best currently available minis once you get it all sorted out, but the quality annoys me greatly.
when you say just needs a thinner lipo specific chassis?? you mean you can change the chassis on the 211go?
does it come with that option?
didnt see that anywhere?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

hello everyone,I spend 3 hours reading these 37 pages but still cant found out which XRAY parts could use on VM-II (not LIPO Version)

the LHS in my country doesn't sell VM-II parts now...they sell XRAY & SPEC-R 's parts now...

Can someone tell me which XRAY/SPEC-R diffs can use on VM-II???
does this one fit???

SPEC-R Gear Differential Set 34T(For X-Ray T2)
(sorry...I cant put on the link...)

also...I need a FRONT SPOOL for VM-II...
SPEC-R Front Spool Set with Spring Steel Out Drive (For Tamiya 417)

does this one fit too??

please help....
Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by -jacob-
when you say just needs a thinner lipo specific chassis?? you mean you can change the chassis on the 211go?
does it come with that option?
didnt see that anywhere?
No one makes an aftermarket chassis for it. I was thinking if I got one I would design a chassis and have it CNC cut, but I do not have the time.

The thinner 2mm new lipo chassis of the current VM2 versus the thicker and wider 2.5mm was a big difference handling wise. The thinner, more flexible chassis made handling more forgiving.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by VERT GSX
hello everyone,I spend 3 hours reading these 37 pages but still cant found out which XRAY parts could use on VM-II (not LIPO Version)

the LHS in my country doesn't sell VM-II parts now...they sell XRAY & SPEC-R 's parts now...

Can someone tell me which XRAY/SPEC-R diffs can use on VM-II???
does this one fit???

SPEC-R Gear Differential Set 34T(For X-Ray T2)
(sorry...I cant put on the link...)

also...I need a FRONT SPOOL for VM-II...
SPEC-R Front Spool Set with Spring Steel Out Drive (For Tamiya 417)

does this one fit too??

please help....
The Spec R diff for the Xray T2 should drop right in. Its 34T pulley and is under the parts page for the VM2.

As for the TRF417 spool, I'm not sure if it fits. You'll need the equivalent Xray T2 compatible unit... but you should see if EGR Mart will ship the Atomic one to your country. Its really inexpensive.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
No one makes an aftermarket chassis for it. I was thinking if I got one I would design a chassis and have it CNC cut, but I do not have the time.

The thinner 2mm new lipo chassis of the current VM2 versus the thicker and wider 2.5mm was a big difference handling wise. The thinner, more flexible chassis made handling more forgiving.
Thank you Dan,

so im getting ready to pick up a VM2 Lipo from RC Mart

could anyone give me a list of spare parts?
and how many of each item to have.
not sure what breaks often.

i plan on racing this every other week.

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for everyones time.

-jacob
Old 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Only thing I have broken is two rear arms, one of the plastic shock mounts, and bent a rear swaybar. I haven't broken anything else in a while though.

We have a few other guys running VM2's also. From what I've seen, in addition they have also broken front arms, spool cups, a universal, and not sure what else. Maybe some more people can chime in on what they broke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.