Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

April 2nd, 2010: Through R&D and racer testimonials on our current batch of EXP touring car tires, we have discovered an intermittent glue issue occurring on tracks with abnormally high levels of traction. To remedy this, we simply recommend applying Sweep thin set CA glue to the bead prior to first use and would like to take this opportunity to assure our loyal customers that a revision to the EXP line of touring car tires has already been made. Since we manufacture all of our tires in-house, Sweep has the ability to respond quickly and continue development of superior racing tires for all surfaces.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused, and offer our continued dedication to developing superior tire products in return for your brand loyalty.

Team Sweep Racing USA.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello Everyone,

I'm happy to say I'll be working with Sweep Racing USA, and using their products for the 2010 season. I just got my first order of tires, and I'm really looking forward to running them. So far I've only heard good things about them, and I'm confident Sweep USA will do their best to put out an awesome product. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Just bare with me for a bit because the weather hasn't been "cooperative" here in the Pacific Northwest for outdoor racing. I'll be sure to post here after my first experience with the tires!

-Korey
Old 04-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
April 2nd, 2010: Through R&D and racer testimonials on our current batch of EXP touring car tires, we have discovered an intermittent glue issue occurring on tracks with abnormally high levels of traction. To remedy this, we simply recommend applying Sweep thin set CA glue to the bead prior to first use and would like to take this opportunity to assure our loyal customers that a revision to the EXP line of touring car tires has already been made. Since we manufacture all of our tires in-house, Sweep has the ability to respond quickly and continue development of superior racing tires for all surfaces.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused, and offer our continued dedication to developing superior tire products in return for your brand loyalty.

Team Sweep Racing USA.
would this cause one of mine to explode going down our 70m straight at speeds of around 75 KPH (46mph)

i had one explode today for no reason at all , it was mid run , i didn't catc anything on the track , it was really strange !!

the tyre didnt sound loose , and i was chasing the club champion down before BANG FLABBER FLABBER FLABBER

never mind , i just used the other new set
Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool Thanks John !

~ Team B&B was right ! I put my order in for the up coming season running Mod down @ the 301 Raceway ! Oh Yeah !

Old 04-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAHUNA

~ Team B&B was right ! I put my order in for the up coming season running Mod down @ the 301 Raceway ! Oh Yeah !

You will be happy with the performance of the Sweep EXP at 301 Raceway. You will not be lost for traction. Just work on your setup.

Oh yeah...congratulations on your 3rd place finish at the ROAR Carpet Nats.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I've got a question for Sweep users---and probably other tires. I'm racing on Carpet this weekend--and I did some extensive testing last night--the tires get a "buildup" of rubber over time running on the carpet. What's the best chemical to take this off with?? I used lighter fluid at home--the tire sauce doesn't do it well--it's best used once they've been cleaned. So---what have you found?? Simple Green? Alcohol?? Thinner?? Kerosene?? I'm trying to find something that will work quick---and not damage the tires.
FYI
Tim
BTW--WHILE the tires are clean and with tire sauce---they work GREAT!!! I've been using EXP36s--I'm going to try EXP32's Sat morning.
FWIW
Old 04-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by timmig
I've got a question for Sweep users---and probably other tires. I'm racing on Carpet this weekend--and I did some extensive testing last night--the tires get a "buildup" of rubber over time running on the carpet. What's the best chemical to take this off with?? I used lighter fluid at home--the tire sauce doesn't do it well--it's best used once they've been cleaned. So---what have you found?? Simple Green? Alcohol?? Thinner?? Kerosene?? I'm trying to find something that will work quick---and not damage the tires.
FYI
Tim
BTW--WHILE the tires are clean and with tire sauce---they work GREAT!!! I've been using EXP36s--I'm going to try EXP32's Sat morning.
FWIW

hello

I was using just a regular motor spray at the RCmadness this winter, works great. some one told me I should try a Simple green next time which I have a gallon bottle somewhre (we all do) as long as you dont spray directly on them I dont think you can harm the rubber in any way, only thng we re wrorrying is spray a chemicahl direcly and harm the glueing seam.

regards

John Lee
Old 04-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
would this cause one of mine to explode going down our 70m straight at speeds of around 75 KPH (46mph)

i had one explode today for no reason at all , it was mid run , i didn't catc anything on the track , it was really strange !!

the tyre didnt sound loose , and i was chasing the club champion down before BANG FLABBER FLABBER FLABBER

never mind , i just used the other new set
yeah we heard that happend before, as mentioned above we re on it. you ve got a mail.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool Thanks Ed

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
You will be happy with the performance of the Sweep EXP at 301 Raceway. You will not be lost for traction. Just work on your setup.

Oh yeah...congratulations on your 3rd place finish at the ROAR Carpet Nats.
- Yeah Big ED Sweeps and a 250 foot Straight and a Mod = a whole lot of FUN !

- Thanks Ed wish I would have figured the gearing out a day sooner , I would have been able to keep up with the other two !

Old 04-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
yeah we heard that happend before, as mentioned above we re on it. you ve got a mail.
yeah i got the mail ,

even a 250 lap old set of tyre are quick , these keep amazing me

if i was running my old choice of tyres the Vtec30's then they would be screwed by now !!!!

these still have the moulding line on them and i will use them on sunday and mondays race days , see if i can get them worn out
Old 04-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

FYI
Tim
FWIW

I have had very good results with sweeps tire cleaner also give it a try
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...roducts_id=133

Thanks again John going to be great year for SweepRacing USA
Old 04-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

FYI
Tim
FWIW
Your best bet to clean tires will be motor spray, simple green will soften the rubber slightly as would any other traction compound. Rubbing alcohol wont soften the rubber either, but it tends to dry the rubber out.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Whats up fellas,

I am happy to announce that I am the newest member of Sweep Racing USA. Haven't got my tire order yet but it will be arriving soon for some testing this weekend. I will update you all on my findings.

Have a good rest of the week! Should be an excellent year!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Whats up fellas,

I am happy to announce that I am the newest member of Sweep Racing USA. Haven't got my tire order yet but it will be arriving soon for some testing this weekend. I will update you all on my findings.

Have a good rest of the week! Should be an excellent year!
Is this the same Sean Williams that yelled at a women at the front desk of the Mariot hotle for finding toe nail clippings on the carpet?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

hello,

I want to thank you for the french deal. The sweep EXP 36 is the best tire for me.

I use the tire warmer on the asphalt at 55° and i want to know if it's the good temperature for there tires.

Bye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.