Wiki Posts
Search

motorama 09

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregH
YES, we are offering a Slash class. Rules are simple, the ONLY thing you can change is the body. NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED.... Traxxas wants the class to be a spec class so no changes allow except the body. What that allows you to do is match you paint scheme with the rest of your cars so there isn't 10-15 cars going around the track that all look the same.

Pre-registration deadline is Feb. 1st. After that the price will almost double if you wait until the day of the event. Pre-registration includes your pass to get into the entire complex as well as parking and of course your entry to the race. It's a great value and it's guaranteed to happen being it is indoors.

Some may already know all this but I thought I'd post a reminder.

See you at the races.

Greg Clear this up for me... Can you change radio/receiver? Because if not then it will only be six at a time on the track and a race director NIGHTMARE with conflicts.... Might be a dumb question....
Old 01-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by underway
Greg Clear this up for me... Can you change radio/receiver? Because if not then it will only be six at a time on the track and a race director NIGHTMARE with conflicts.... Might be a dumb question....
I'll have to find out but I believe they'll be teching motors and speedo's. Give me a day to clear it up. Thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

So is there going to be a 1:8 electric class open or otherwise? Could I run my e-revo with the 1:8 MT nitro class even, I know the electric scares a lot of folk but really it's the driver guys and I'm not a pro, I maybe decent but no pro.. maybe an electric MT/ 1:8 combo class, tons of people driving these.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)

when we sign up for electric 1/8 buggy...do we jsut write down the class at the bottom of the sign up sheet since it is not printed out on it??
Old 01-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
So is there going to be a 1:8 electric class open or otherwise? Could I run my e-revo with the 1:8 MT nitro class even, I know the electric scares a lot of folk but really it's the driver guys and I'm not a pro, I maybe decent but no pro.. maybe an electric MT/ 1:8 combo class, tons of people driving these.
No mixing of the classes (nitro and electric) for sure. The only electric class on the big track will be brushless 1/8 scale buggy, in their own separate class. That's if enough sign up for the class which from the looks of it, there should be a few heats at minimum. The brushless buggy class is a add on to the list of others being ran. There is not enough timeto run anymore then that. Sorry, at this time we will not be offering a brushless MT class due to the time schedule. I'm looking forward to watching the brushless buggy class to see if they are faster on the big track. In the right hands, I'm sure they will be.

Yes yoshgixxer, write in on your entry that your signing up for electric 1/8 scale buggy class. If there IS a problem after you get there and you see your listed in the nitro class, go to the announcers booth and he will straighten it out. Look forward to seeing you tear up the track we'll be building, whoever you are.

Last edited by GregH; 01-11-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Is there anywhere that has a confirmed entries list?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
Is there anywhere that has a confirmed entries list?
not as of yet. The reason being, the entries go to Motorama events the actual promoter of the entire event. The only way to get them is to have the guy in charge of the list of entries for the entire event, not just r/c and he's a VERY busy man right about now with stacks of entries that need to be entered and mailed out. You'll get your entry, parking pass and admission to the complex with the package you'll receive in the mail. As far as the list, let the element of surprise get you when you show up. Factory support will be there this year. Should be a great event.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

AWESOME! I'm glad you guys are going to have an 1/8th electric buggy class. I will have my Nitro MBX6 with me but I'll also bring my brushless MBX6 and my old brushless MBX5R. I told Kris Moore that him or Jason Ashton could run one of the brushless cars if they were interested

I will start rounding up the 1/8th electric crew in the 1/8th electric thread. I know a bunch of guys from Michigan and Ohio would be very interested.

Bets regards,
Old 01-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up The more the merrier

That's great Tony. Thanks. I was told if enough show up, they will run them. It's obvious to me that there will be a large brushless crowd. I have a feeling it will be added to the classes offered for next years event and not as a write-in. It would be cool to have Kris sign up for brushless. Then again, you'll have the local guy crying because they never stood a chance of winning the class. LOL

It's been a long time since I've seen you. I'll stop by on my way through the pits and say hi.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1/8th has to be split into nitro and electric. The electric cars are much faster lighter and have a lower center of gravity. Besides that if you made a higher main (which you should be able to do with a superior car) how do you plan to finish a long main event?

When it is just a couple you mix them in so they can race against others. This race ought to have more than enough to make the separation of classes worthwhile.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Guys I am sorry had I known there was this much interest in electric we would have offered it as a class,but please bring them and we will run them.

Thanks
Luther
Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
1/8th has to be split into nitro and electric. The electric cars are much faster lighter and have a lower center of gravity. Besides that if you made a higher main (which you should be able to do with a superior car) how do you plan to finish a long main event?

When it is just a couple you mix them in so they can race against others. This race ought to have more than enough to make the separation of classes worthwhile.
Paycheck to paycheck racing, lol, that applies to most of us
Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Huh?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
how do you plan to finish a long main event?
he was talking about this comment you made.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Now that I look at it again it would seem he was referring to my screen name.

Paycheck to Paycheck Racing

Ive been using that for about 5 years now. Many people have gotten a chuckle out of it. I used to have it as my email but typing [email protected] got to be a pain so I shortened it to [email protected] and [email protected] it is still my ebay screen name though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.