Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1Family Hobbies
no and I really don't want to have to buy a new deck.
sorry bud, thats just kinda the way TC racing is....especially on a dirty parking lot, soft top deck and chassis are needed if you want maximum traction...also, I bet you didnt buy a spool yet...well, you cant logically complain about a car setup if your not running what is on the sheet...
Old 10-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I wasn't breaking parts till I came into the hair pin to fast and the turn marshall didnt fix the pipe and the tire caught it sticking out a little. Hoping the ITF top plate and chassis will fix my issues of running rubber on carpet and getting this thing dialed in.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
Hey all, I've been out of the electric car seen for many many years. I've been racing Nitro Touring in FORGASS, Florida state series. But after the birth of my baby girl, I haven't had the time to go racing. But now I saw the new TC5, and heard the Electric Mod class taking off, so I went and watched a race.

I was shocked at the little they had to work on the cars, Li-Po batteries, and the speed. So I picked up 2 TC5's, one is a parts car. Novak 3.5R Brushless, and Orion 4800 Lipo.

With the help of one of my former team-mates with Kyosho helped me with the setup, I was able to dial the car in. After taking off of racing for a year, and with the car feeling good, I can say, if you haven't tried this car, or a mod class, you're missing out.

Here are my pics:

Look's really nice...
Old 10-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

My calipers seemed to have grown legs and walked away. Can someone let me know the size of the outer hinge pins? Thank you.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Alright, I got a chance to run my TC5 today. Let me start by saying, I was very pleased. Now, this car has to be the worst Associated vehicle I have ever built. The quality of parts and instructions has never been worse. Even when the instructions were xerox copies of typed print with some blurry black and white pics. So, after a few laps with the new ride, I was very happy that the car was working so well after such a frustrating build. Can't say I'd recommend the car, but happy with the performance.

Now, here's where I'm really starting to think about soaking the car in kerosene and lighting it ablaze. How the Devil are you supposed to keep the %$&# servo saver together!? Other than some JB Weld, I'm at a lost. Any advice?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Locktite the the servo saver threads.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
Let me start by saying, I was very pleased. Now, this car has to be the worst Associated vehicle I have ever built. The quality of parts and instructions has never been worse.

Originally Posted by Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde
I always tell the truth....I'm lying.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I had a great day today with my TC5. Drove the fastest laps I ever have by a considerable margin (although I have also gone to brushless stock).

Anyway, I'm experiencing a problem that hopefully I can get some advice on...

When I hit the gas in a straight line, the car pulls badly to the left. I know that the car doesn't have any tweak, and is almost perfectly balanced left to right. I changed my servo to a decent high speed Hitech servo and the problem didn't go away. I'm not getting any glitching or nothing. I'm at the point where I want to re-build my whole steering to try to remove the problem. Reading Lostaggresiva's post, I started wondering if my servo saver was too loose. Could this be causing my problem?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

How the Devil are you supposed to keep the %$&# servo saver together!? Other than some JB Weld, I'm at a lost. Any advice?
In the manual it says to compress the Servo Saver spring first (with pliers), did you do this? Compressing the springs is also a step on the diffs.

On a side note, I think the server saver sucks, the nut and threads on the tube have too much play in them.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
When I hit the gas in a straight line, the car pulls badly to the left. I know that the car doesn't have any tweak, and is almost perfectly balanced left to right. I changed my servo to a decent high speed Hitech servo and the problem didn't go away. I'm not getting any glitching or nothing. I'm at the point where I want to re-build my whole steering to try to remove the problem. Reading Lostaggresiva's post, I started wondering if my servo saver was too loose. Could this be causing my problem?
This could be several things. First, are all tires the same size? Are the front Toe degree settings equal? Is your steering centered? Do all the steering components move freely, no binding? You might to lightly sand/file on the steering knuckles and C-Hub's to get the them to move freely. As for the servo, with the power off, does the steering easily move from right to left, and then back with the slight touch of your finger?

Also, I found the servo saver tube and bearing fitments to be just a little loose, as well as the tube to server saver plastic parts, causing a little slop in the steering. I used a little piece of tape in parts of the server save to take out the slop.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maybell
do you have the ITF chassis and topdeck on your ride?
Sean - Do you recommend the ITF chassis for SIR's carpet? I am currently running the ITF topdeck without o-rings. I have tried to use the ITF chassis with o-rings in the 4 inner-most topdeck screws but the flex in the chassis seems to introduce some chassis tweak. What would be your recommended chassis/topdeck choice?

Thanks, Pete
Old 10-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
When I hit the gas in a straight line, the car pulls badly to the left. I know that the car doesn't have any tweak, and is almost perfectly balanced left to right.
I had a similar problem, and it wasnt the servo saver, it checked out fine. All I ended up doing is loosening the opposite side rear shock collar a turn or less.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Verndog
I had a similar problem, and it wasnt the servo saver, it checked out fine. All I ended up doing is loosening the opposite side rear shock collar a turn or less.
Well that has to do with tweak (not chassis flatness) and chassis balance. It the shock preload solved it, then one side was more heavily loaded than another. A good setup kit from Hudy or Integy would help you find this before putting it on the track.

The TC5 also has chassis balancing holes dead center in the front and rear of the chassis. This allows for the use of some Hudy, or other brand, or balancing posts.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

I had the same problem b4bandit.I saw like the rear end wanted to pass the front, and that produced this kind of rare-steering. After change all the things you can imagine it was one of the hub bearing that was stopped and braked this side of the car.

Sorry for my english....
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Alright, I got a chance to run my TC5 today. Let me start by saying, I was very pleased. Now, this car has to be the worst Associated vehicle I have ever built. The quality of parts and instructions has never been worse. Even when the instructions were xerox copies of typed print with some blurry black and white pics. So, after a few laps with the new ride, I was very happy that the car was working so well after such a frustrating build. Can't say I'd recommend the car, but happy with the performance.

Now, here's where I'm really starting to think about soaking the car in kerosene and lighting it ablaze. How the Devil are you supposed to keep the %$&# servo saver together!? Other than some JB Weld, I'm at a lost. Any advice?

So buy an Himoto Nascada and youŽll see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.