Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Schumacher Eclipse 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 08:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone run one of these on Asphalt yet - or can offer any setup advice changes from the kit carpet settings...

Last edited by Diggy; 11-17-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Andy Murray running the Eclipse in 13.5 on Saturday.

I *think* that it may also have gotten the fastest lap in Open Mod on Sunday as well (I was only there on the Saturday)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSlmZ91yLRA
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Eclipse 1/12th-a_final.jpg  
Old 11-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Andy Murray qualified 3rd in open mod on the Sunday with fastest lap, was on for TQ before mistakes.

I said I would keep people posted on my own results at the UK national. Both days I won my main, being faster than racers who were faster than me last season, I can't ask for more than that. My 15 year old son was one mistake away from his first national A main on the Sunday. All with 13.5 blinky.

I have no regrets getting the Eclipse, it is at least as good as anything I've driven, certainly better that I am!
Old 11-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The car is a deal of the day at Stormer for $199.99 today.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Can anybody comment on the switch from their previous car to the eclipse ?
Which car did you drive before and what was the difference in feeling and lap times when you switched to the eclipse ?

I'm driving the Serpent S120LTR and really like the new design of the eclipse :-)
Old 11-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

We have two Eclipses put together ready to run this weekend. I will report back how it is relative to my CRC XTI WC.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by biz77
We have two Eclipses put together ready to run this weekend. I will report back how it is relative to my CRC XTI WC.
That would be great and i am looking forward to your report :-)
Old 12-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

One word of warning to those who use BSR or CRC tires - the M3x8 cap head screws that hold the rear wheels on are too big to fit inside the BSR and CRC wheels.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

She's a heavy girl! 780 grams with lightweight BMR12. My CRC was 745 grams with the same equipment.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

She may may be a bit heavy but you can't keep a good girl down , can't wait to hear how you do with this little car. On my Christmas list for sure. But if all goes like it has gone in the past, I'll probably end up with socks and a tie again. Hope you do well.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

One word of warning to those who use BSR or CRC tires - the M3x8 cap head screws that hold the rear wheels on are too big to fit inside the BSR and CRC wheels.
Both of those wheels were designed for 4/40 thread which is slightly smaller than 3m. Here in the US we use 4/40 for rear wheel screws.

Steve
Old 12-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Yokomo, XRay and Serpent all sell screws that will fit.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

My first outing with the Eclipse can be considered a success, not in the fact that I dominated the races, but the fact that I was able to come out on a brand new car, make a few quick and minor changes and run equivalent times to what I was doing with my CRC that I had been running for almost two years.
The car came out with the box stock setup and was pretty pushy. I switched the center damper tube over to 30,000 from the factory supplied 12,000 and also went down to the yellow front springs from the supplied blues. These two changes transformed the car into something very capable around our very small and tight layout.
I would say the dynamics of the car are very similar to my CRC, just better. Despite the extra weight the Schumacher carries, it is still able to transition quicker and it also seems a bit more planted on power through the turns. At the end of the night I could not match my quickest one-off lap of my CRC, but the laps felt more consistent and the car was in fact a little easier to drive fast. The best run in my CRC on our current layout is 59 laps. I had about 10 total minutes of practice time with the Eclipse last night before our first qualifier, where I ran... 59 laps.
I let the hot shoes take the car for a spin and it was nothing but high praise. I also had a chance to do some durability testing and the car passed with flying colors, not even requiring a change to the tweak after tangling with some of the other cars and a few boards.
All-in-all I'm happy with the car. The rear wheel screws are an annoyance that is fixed with Lunsford titanium pieces. The front CRC wheels also seem to be a little thin for the car, which produced a lot of play in the front wheels. This is easily alleviated by shimming on the outside of the front wheels. The only other quibble was the weight and it turned out to be a non-issue. I think once I have more than a few hours and three 8-minute races to tinker some more it will likely get much better.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks very much for your report on your first outing with the car.
Looks like it's going to be a good idea to get one myself :-)

My first outing with the Eclipse can be considered a success, not in the fact that I dominated the races, but the fact that I was able to come out on a brand new car, make a few quick and minor changes and run equivalent times to what I was doing with my CRC that I had been running for almost two years.
The car came out with the box stock setup and was pretty pushy. I switched the center damper tube over to 30,000 from the factory supplied 12,000 and also went down to the yellow front springs from the supplied blues. These two changes transformed the car into something very capable around our very small and tight layout.
I would say the dynamics of the car are very similar to my CRC, just better. Despite the extra weight the Schumacher carries, it is still able to transition quicker and it also seems a bit more planted on power through the turns. At the end of the night I could not match my quickest one-off lap of my CRC, but the laps felt more consistent and the car was in fact a little easier to drive fast. The best run in my CRC on our current layout is 59 laps. I had about 10 total minutes of practice time with the Eclipse last night before our first qualifier, where I ran... 59 laps.
I let the hot shoes take the car for a spin and it was nothing but high praise. I also had a chance to do some durability testing and the car passed with flying colors, not even requiring a change to the tweak after tangling with some of the other cars and a few boards.
All-in-all I'm happy with the car. The rear wheel screws are an annoyance that is fixed with Lunsford titanium pieces. The front CRC wheels also seem to be a little thin for the car, which produced a lot of play in the front wheels. This is easily alleviated by shimming on the outside of the front wheels. The only other quibble was the weight and it turned out to be a non-issue. I think once I have more than a few hours and three 8-minute races to tinker some more it will likely get much better.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bought one for myself and my wife and got to run mine for the first time yesterday. So far I'm impressed, more corner speed, very stable with the out of box setup on a large grey carpet track with med/high traction. Ran the same gearing/motor/esc as previous car and went 2 laps faster. Should have the other running for this weekend after some issues. That's the good, now the not so good. The little dampener tubes in the front are brittle when building, broke two of them. The thrust bearing for the diff comes with a spacer and on both cars the spacer actually compressed into the race of the thrust washer and I had to re-space the diffs to make them work. Also, if your going to run 17.5 you need to change the 76 spur to something smaller as there is not enough motor adjustment. Stormer has a lot of parts I just need to find somewhere to get the other items that will ship in the US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.