Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Turnigy TrackStar Motors

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

seen em sold on ebay, buy cheaper, and hobby king. thats 3 retail outlets. ebay is a retail outlet. of sorts. lol.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

just tried to ask whats up at hk. sat on chat for half an hour. asked my question then nothing for half an hour. i gave up. lol. ill just use it to experiment.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

and the ebay seller is..... lol

just a FYI, HK usa is about block from FW.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I asked ROAR specifically about it and the answer is that have not met the three retail outlet requirement. Interestingly the same requirement exists for batteries and they have some of those (not all) approved. That requirement is listed on the application form.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

The batteries are sold all over through brick and motar locations.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
and the ebay seller is..... lol

just a FYI, HK usa is about block from FW.
yeah i know where they are.

i wish they would get up off there butts and get them approved. put them in a couple retail outlets. i bet they would sell more of those if they were approved.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
yeah i know where they are.

i wish they would get up off there butts and get them approved. put them in a couple retail outlets. i bet they would sell more of those if they were approved.
It seems like kind of a chicken + egg situation. People won't buy them if they're not approved, so retail outlets don't stock them. They won't get approved if they're not in retail outlets.

-Mike
Old 03-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
It seems like kind of a chicken + egg situation. People won't buy them if they're not approved, so retail outlets don't stock them. They won't get approved if they're not in retail outlets.

-Mike
totally agree with that statement. i wish they would get them out there. from all the stuff ive read on them they are pretty decent. and cheap too. just dont overheat them.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hard to find their ESC's also. I emailed Turnigy about their Gen II and they replied that they were submitted for ROAR approval. That was before Hobbywing submitted their V3.1 which was approved in about a week.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

i kinda think they just dont get the rule about being available at more than just them....
Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dragonracing
i kinda think they just dont get the rule about being available at more than just them....
I think you'll find they simply don't care.
In the UK, distributors have to submit samples of motors and batteries for approval. I read a Facebook post recently that suggested the BRCA invited them to submit some items, and they declined/or didn't reply.
The race scene just doesn't appear to be on their horizon.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

thats too bad. they could sell a ton more of these motors. get roar approval. then sell a ton of these. right now they are about $40 for what ever wind they have. if they got roar approval they could raise the price by $10-20 bucks and still make a killing. it might even drive the price down a little on the "other" mfgrs motors. to bad they are missing the point.

couple guys here say they out perform the novaks.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grippgoat

-Mike
Problem is, as I see it, that hobbyking don't need to sell them through other outlets.

The ROAR rule about multiple retailers is, I guess, to promote price competitiveness. Imagine if a motor got approved that was easily better than everything else (which is another argument about legalities of such a motor), but only one retailer had them. That one retailer could charge mega bucks! This though, does not apply to hobbyking as they are selling their motors cheaper than anything else on the market.

My red 21.5 Trackstar is as a top motor. I run it in 21.5 boosted. Paired with a hobbyking x-car 60A. That combination is as good as anything else at my club. They all laughed at me when I told them how much I paid.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

they are just shooting them selves in the foot. i wish they would distribute them to a few retailer then they could get approval.

we can talk about all this untill we are blue int he face but i doubt it will happen. its really shame. more like a facepalm. lol.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

There are three hobby retail outlets within 20 miles or less of their warehouse. Don't think they really care. On another note. Speed passion had dirt cheap motors that were competitive. Did nothing for their popularity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.