Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hear it might be for lighter vehicles, but definitely a good tuning option for 1/8GT's. With lightening of today's chassis it might work fine. Steep price though for us who don't have deep pockets.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

I have th .21 version of the Speed (Second Generation). It was very good for the GT but it didn't have the Top end of the Murnan RB. Still it was good with excelent fuel milage. The .19 will have less grunt but it must be very economical in fuel consumption.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Speed is coming on-road as well, apparentlly at the worlds practice, the fastest lap set,practice there , was by a secret o.s. speed, by a mr.hara faster on straight than collari, was clocked by reliable source!!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i can tune you guys some serious GT engines..... consider them a hybrid between onroad and offroad....more grunt then a onroad, and way more top end then a offroad ad killer mileage to boot !
Old 04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
i can tune you guys some serious GT engines..... consider them a hybrid between onroad and offroad....more grunt then a onroad, and way more top end then a offroad ad killer mileage to boot !
What engines do you have in mind.or do we pick anything and send it you.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There are a lot of "engine tuners" out there, what makes yours different?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Timmo
What engines do you have in mind.or do we pick anything and send it you.
I have several stout engines that would do great, the choice more depends on the budget

Originally Posted by williamw
There are a lot of "engine tuners" out there, what makes yours different?
that is a hard question to answer really....not too familiar with the work these other tuners are up to, so I can't comment there...But i can say I am very good at what I do, I work hard, I take care of my customers, I am easy to get along with and my prices are very fair for the level and amount of work being done...All my work is both dyno and track tested, and over the years I have built a very solid reputation with plenty of available feedback...

here is 1 example of my work

Old 04-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

although i have never an any of neils motors, i can vouch for the guy's commitment to what he does, ive seen him over past couple years dedicated to say the least, even helped me out one time, and i wasn't his customer, and honestly he didn't have to go out on a limb for me like he did... oh yea, and a OH YEA, lets not forget the SICK arzzz Custom Dyno i saw him give birth to...lol.. next motor i WILL get from you,he has a stock of motors as well guys its time i tried a scoop..
Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have several stout engines that would do great, the choice more depends on the budget

that is a hard question to answer really....not too familiar with the work these other tuners are up to, so I can't comment there...But i can say I am very good at what I do, I work hard, I take care of my customers, I am easy to get along with and my prices are very fair for the level and amount of work being done...All my work is both dyno and track tested, and over the years I have built a very solid reputation with plenty of available feedback...

here is 1 example of my work

I have one of Neals engines in my buggy and it is great. Lots of power and great on fuel.

You can not go wrong with anything from Clockwork Engines. All I can say is I have been clocked and I am very happy I did.

Thanks Neal,
Tim
Old 04-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
although i have never an any of neils motors, i can vouch for the guy's commitment to what he does, ive seen him over past couple years dedicated to say the least, even helped me out one time, and i wasn't his customer, and honestly he didn't have to go out on a limb for me like he did... oh yea, and a OH YEA, lets not forget the SICK arzzz Custom Dyno i saw him give birth to...lol.. next motor i WILL get from you,he has a stock of motors as well guys its time i tried a scoop..

You try one of my B5's...it will absolutely blow your mind..it will faster, smoother and better on fuel then anything you have to date, that I promise !
Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

You try one of my B5's...it will absolutely blow your mind..it will faster, smoother and better on fuel then anything you have to date, that I promise !
WoW, i have a impressive line up there mr.? lol.. are they italian made, or what type of metal if not? Ive heard alot of good things, nothing bad, and if your still talking b5 after b6 is out, its gotta be good!, do u have any dyno's on it, say vs. a Particular novarossi to compare, Bonito etc etc? thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
WoW, i have a impressive line up there mr.? lol.. are they italian made, or what type of metal if not? Ive heard alot of good things, nothing bad, and if your still talking b5 after b6 is out, its gotta be good!, do u have any dyno's on it, say vs. a Particular novarossi to compare, Bonito etc etc? thanks
My engine will absolutely roll over a Bonnito..comparing apples to oranges here.......Werk's is Italian, made at the LM factory.......
Old 04-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think we will be in touch soon.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

is that the dyno report from a b5 modded, looks like it.. 1.97hp!!! Dayum thats better than most Modded On road Nova's?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A helpful tip for those that want to get away from the NiMH RX packs but not too keen on using the RX LiPo packs: try the Team Orion LiFe RX packs. I decided to buy one to using in my Open Class GT2 for the race that I had in Porter, TX a couple of weekends ago. After a bunch of practice laps, warm-up laps and three 5 min qualifiers, the pack barely used 250 maH. That was with a Futaba digital steering servo (which are known to suck down a RX pack after marginal runtime). Got similar drain on it after a 30 min main (and the pack is only 1100maH).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.