Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Jason -

I'd like to purchase the ride height adjusters and axle spacers. How many ride height adjustment sizes are there now? I might just buy them all from you and if you can just charge them to the credit card you have on file for me? I'm in D.C. this week and won't be able to call before your normal closing time.

btw: the car is getting better each time I go out. Had a decent run with it on Sunday. But I'm still not happy with my speed. Must go faster! I have some more thing I am going to try this coming weekend.

Regarding tweaking - the car does not tweak. I had some glitches on Sunday that sent my car flying off the track at the end of the straight (hard left launched it) that split the top graphite motor plate and bent the top shock cap. so, it was a very hard hit. However, the car did not tweak!

The cool thing is that on Saturday when I was prepping my car, I had tried some different shims on the front end. My side to side ride height was off by .5mm at the droop point. I new my tires, etc were all set and the only thing I changed were my (plastic) shims. I took those out, replaced them with metal shims that I had measured, and the inconsistent ride height was gone.

-Rich
Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Ya

Last edited by BSchorr; 10-04-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

for the cap you may like to look at this http://racingfactory.wordpress.com/2...per-schottkys/
Old 10-01-2007, 09:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smojoe
We kept with Jack the season after the carpet nats but for some reason the rubber TC tires and the Jack put down a weird coating on the carpet so the 12th scales would only have traction for a few minutes then be very very loose. Switching to Paragon fixed that, but at a slight cost of smelly-ness.
I know it initally smells more, but you'll get used to it. I get headaches from Jack but no problems with Paragon..
Old 10-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Well here is mine! Its about 90% done... (Notice the missing shock) and needs a transponder..And carve in Parma bumper..

Hi-res pics are the thumbnail pics below the 640x480 pics. I appreciate good pics of cars as you do to, so I am returning the favor.

I did cut, shorten, and solder the ESC wire undernieth the gtb solder tabs, so there isnt any confusion, Need to shoogoo the Cap down to!

(Dont mind the old SMC.. lol new ones are on the way!)

(Ill send adrian the final pics once it is 100% done and the new body mounted on her)
Nice!

12th scales are the COOLEST!!!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I know it initally smells more, but you'll get used to it. I get headaches from Jack but no problems with Paragon..
thats
i die with paragon but if i go to a big race and its there ill ill oh ill use it.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
thats
i die with paragon but if i go to a big race and its there ill ill oh ill use it.
I was going to SoCal raceway 4 days a week for a while, paragon is all you use there, so eventually, you just dont even notice the smell.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

I finished the rear axle shims today. They are axle shims that are designed for use with the Jaco Prism wheels. They will set your rear axle at 172mm and with 1 on each side will center your axle also so there is now headaches of achieving center or 172mm. They are now available.
What about us Parma guys
Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RichChang
Jason -

I'd like to purchase the ride height adjusters and axle spacers. How many ride height adjustment sizes are there now? I might just buy them all from you and if you can just charge them to the credit card you have on file for me? I'm in D.C. this week and won't be able to call before your normal closing time.

btw: the car is getting better each time I go out. Had a decent run with it on Sunday. But I'm still not happy with my speed. Must go faster! I have some more thing I am going to try this coming weekend.

Regarding tweaking - the car does not tweak. I had some glitches on Sunday that sent my car flying off the track at the end of the straight (hard left launched it) that split the top graphite motor plate and bent the top shock cap. so, it was a very hard hit. However, the car did not tweak!

The cool thing is that on Saturday when I was prepping my car, I had tried some different shims on the front end. My side to side ride height was off by .5mm at the droop point. I new my tires, etc were all set and the only thing I changed were my (plastic) shims. I took those out, replaced them with metal shims that I had measured, and the inconsistent ride height was gone.

-Rich

Cool deal bro. I will get them out today. The front shims come in 6 sizes. You can run full size tires down to the rim in .5mm increments.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kropy
What about us Parma guys
I will work on some shims for them too. The offset is not as much. The shims wouldnt need to be as thick.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Uga
Will be ordering a few sets! What could be the price..?
shoot me an email to the shop and i will get all the pricing for you buddy
Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There were a few guys who were running the car and they seemed happy with it for there first time on high bite.
re IIC @ Vegas

how did the BMI cars get on in the finals?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Lord

To be honest, I dont remember many of the names of the customers that bought the cars. I know them more by screen names on here so i didnt really get to follow many of them.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Jason,

Cool - go ahead and send/bill me the entire set plus the axle spacers. Oh, can you also send/bill me:

- another carbon fiber top deck for the motor mount.
- 3 more sets of the pivot balls/pivot ball holders assembly that is for the hockey-stick tweak plates. I want to have those so I can just easily swap in an assembled tweak plate to try different thicknesses.

Charge it all to my credit card.

Thanks!
-Rich

Cool deal bro. I will get them out today. The front shims come in 6 sizes. You can run full size tires down to the rim in .5mm increments.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Lord

I will get them out today rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.