Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Worlds ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Do-Over
I'd like to see the rule book could you please link it for me once more? I must have missed it....

Here you go... http://www.ifmar.org/pages/rule_page.html

Please remember to bring your lawyer-lawyer the next time you go racing...
Old 10-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice one tebo
great to see u on here good luck at the worlds looks like a fun track,

did anyone have any flameout issue,s like last time at the pre worlds
Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaredtebo
Hello All.
I just got back from the practice trip. To everyone that is saying that they are dissapointed in the event. For one, they are still making all the upgrades to the facility. The track was the coolest and the most difficult track I have ever driven on. There is no other track with more flow. They also put more work into this track than any I have ever seen. All the fence is welded together and those (STONES) around the track are actually rubber. The track and facility was amazing. It will be one of the best worlds. They were working everyday, all day long; cleaning, painting and welding. It was very impressive. I think the race will be great and hopefully the coverage as well. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are doing all they can and it was great. It is tough to judge without seeing it. It will be one to remember!!!!!
Jared Tebo
That's what I figured. It looks SO cool.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvYS1...eature=recentu

This vid shows the lap times aswell as the practice with Tebo i beleave. The vids old but i havent seen the times so i figured i will share this.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello All.
I just got back from the practice trip. To everyone that is saying that they are dissapointed in the event. For one, they are still making all the upgrades to the facility. The track was the coolest and the most difficult track I have ever driven on. There is no other track with more flow. They also put more work into this track than any I have ever seen. All the fence is welded together and those (STONES) around the track are actually rubber. The track and facility was amazing. It will be one of the best worlds. They were working everyday, all day long; cleaning, painting and welding. It was very impressive. I think the race will be great and hopefully the coverage as well. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are doing all they can and it was great. It is tough to judge without seeing it. It will be one to remember!!!!!
Jared Tebo

Thx for stoping by Jared and letting the Hater's know what's up.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know about you guys, myself and wife loved every moment of our holidays in Thailand, great country, friendly people, great history and culture...

Been there no less than 6 times, will definitely go there again...
Old 10-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think the problem is that the track just doesn't look good on the vids. It looks kinda chintzy at first. But after watching a while (especially Savoya), I could see the flow to the track. He was hitting those doubles in the middle most of the time while others seemed to be struggling to clear them. So yeah, first impression is kinda bad but after watching a bit, I wish I was there. Should be fun.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:48 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Its going to be like the warm up track, for the actual worlds (surfce not layout). I heard they put the oil down and fixed the track after everyone left ...
Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Personally I cant wait for the World's as I think this year will be wide open, with a number of quality drivers spead across more teams should make for very competitive racing.

I think at this stage the track doesnt look as good as the track in the US for the 2008 Worlds, however with three weeks left I am sure the track will look awesome and any issues will be ironed out.

I also think the carpet will be removed from the track before the race. After all the preperation of the track surface for the actual race, why would the organisers want the track damaged through 'practice'?? Look at the track in Guarda, Portugal (Euro's 2010) after practice, it was shot!!!. Prevention is better than cure
Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ganymede
I don't know about you guys, myself and wife loved every moment of our holidays in Thailand, great country, friendly people, great history and culture...

Been there no less than 6 times, will definitely go there again...
Been there twice once in the Army and once for fun for a few months.
I could not agree more with your post.
A truly wonderful country and people.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

looks like we got off topic! i think origanal post was talking about the track, not the country or people there
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Ive been there and tho i have not raced on the track, I did find my way there (wife had no clue there was RC there, YES, my D-RC people - I have been) That was a awesome venue.

I dont see how people who never been, watched some PRACTICE of TOYS cars on DIRT, complain that the track was not good. If people really understood A GOOD track is not easy. Most people here in the US dont know of a good track. Even the Worlds 2008 in US was more of a technical layout. Remember just cause you cant see it on a 4 inch computer screen does not make it weak. In the US we are use to being able to fly around 80% of the track at WOT. Looks like they tried to accomplish both styles Euro and US in one track..... I think Worlds are going to be dialed.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thank you

Hello All.
Jared Tebo
I thought it looked really sweet in the video of you racing on youtube.

From my perspective the track looked flowing and challenging. I hope you do great.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Ive been there and tho i have not raced on the track, I did find my way there (wife had no clue there was RC there, YES, my D-RC people - I have been) That was a awesome venue.

I dont see how people who never been, watched some PRACTICE of TOYS cars on DIRT, complain that the track was not good. If people really understood A GOOD track is not easy. Most people here in the US dont know of a good track. Even the Worlds 2008 in US was more of a technical layout. Remember just cause you cant see it on a 4 inch computer screen does not make it weak. In the US we are use to being able to fly around 80% of the track at WOT. Looks like they tried to accomplish both styles Euro and US in one track..... I think Worlds are going to be dialed.
thats a good post, I think the worlds is going to be some badass racing.. it looks fast yet most cant go with out wrecking...even the best.... layouts like that usually mean that the guy that wins deserves the win..
Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The track looks fun, wouldnt mind driving it. As for the appearance it is most likely oil residue on the red and white lining. Once cleaned up it will looked dialed and groomed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.