Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys,

done some more work today , i taken 1 of the o rings out of the front cup and decided that ill adjust the ammount of float by the rear cup positioning, i got a tiny bit of float and it feels ALOT better and free'er. the cups are quite heavy though ... but oh well.

there is also MINIMAL bindin in the gears which is awesome

looking forward to test it out

tarnj
Old 02-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.rcracechat.com/forum/inde...rt=60#lastPost
Old 02-12-2004, 05:02 PM
DZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ttt
Old 02-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey folks, can somebody direct me to the page that lists the part numbers to build a ball diff for the front. I'm trying to search but not having much luck. Gonna try my luck in our State races and 1 ways aren't allowed.
Also, if anybody has a good setup for asphalt, technical track, CS-27 tires, 27t Reedy MVP .....I'd appreciate the help. Time to break in the never used Surikarn Evo.

OK...found this . Ball diff parts needed:
TA04 ball diff kit
Evo3 outdrives
f201 diff rings

Is this still the best way or is there a new kit that includes all??
Thanks

Last edited by Evoracer; 02-13-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Evoracer
Hey folks, can somebody direct me to the page that lists the part numbers to build a ball diff for the front. I'm trying to search but not having much luck. Gonna try my luck in our State races and 1 ways aren't allowed.
Also, if anybody has a good setup for asphalt, technical track, CS-27 tires, 27t Reedy MVP .....I'd appreciate the help. Time to break in the never used Surikarn Evo.

TA04 ball diff kit
Evo3 outdrives
f201 diff rings

Thanks
I think that is all you will ned for an Evo3 diff. Though, if i'm not mistaken, the TA04 diff comes with bushings instead of bearings so you might want to get those. But i'm not sure though. Here's my diff technical asphalt CS27 setup:

Front:
Camber: -1deg
Toe: 0deg
Droop: 2mm
Oil: 60wt
Spring: Yellow
Piston: 3-hole
Upper link spacer: 5mm
Upper shock mounting hole: outer-most
Stabilizer: none

Rear:
Camber: -1deg
Toe: 3deg in
Droop: 3mm
Oil: 50wt
Spring: Yellow
Piston: 3-hole
Upper link spacer: 2mm
Upper shock mounting hole: middle
Stabilizer: none
Old 02-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

TA04 ball diff kit
Evo3 outdrives
f201 diff rings

Thanks
well, it depends. if you get a kit, there are several parts not needed. all i do is get the evo outdrives and rings. maybe the thrust bearing, if you dont have any extras. 3mm diff balls are fairly easy to come by... should have had extra gears in the kit....
Old 02-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

TA04 ball diff kit
Evo3 outdrives
f201 diff rings

Thanks
This is the best way to get a front diff. The only extra items you will need are the thrust bearings. The TA04 ball diff kit comes with the bushings. You will also need the Evo 3 diff ring gear. you should have extras of those from your Evo 3 kit.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks guy's... appreciate the quick reply !!!
Old 02-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Tamiya one way diff gears

Hi all,

Anyone seen and used the new (new to me at least) tamiya one way diff gears?

Any better, same...?

Tony
Old 02-14-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421446750/2.jpg

Tech racing 3 piece prop

All in the packet it seems awesome, u look at the instructions in the packet and its some japeneze writing with a tiny pic and you think, cant wait to pull it out and unfold it too see what to do! well you empty the contects and find that the writin IS the instructions! at first its a bit wierd to work out where things like the O rings go and so on but once you have it installed its very user friendly. You can adjust float by the twist of a grub screw thats accessable and adjustable while the car is in running condition. Its Very easy to remove the prop, again you dont have to do nothing, just loosen 1 grub screw. The dog bone itself is light! but the other 2 pieces are quite heavy .as they are supported by the motor mount bearing AND a bearing is included for it to be supported in the front stiffener They spin very nice with the gears. as you can adjust the float, you can have it so its bacically like a 1 piece or so there is a few mm float each way. This should protect your drive train through crashes.
It does sound quite noisey , but once you actually put it on the ground its quietened down quite alot... may br worth putting a touch of AW grease on the ends of the dogbone? ( would it..? )
It also comes with a new spur gear holder, its screw tightened to the actual peice of the prop and there is no wobble in it, it WILL also accept the original spur gear holder too, the prop has a very direct feeling to it.
Will give it some track time tommorow and compare it with the original prop. then get back to you

Tech Racing TRF Shock Spring Adjuster

to tell my HONEST truth, i brought these for show... -embarrased-.. they werent very expensive so i thought why not. once i installed them though they are EXELLENT. they come with a rubber o ring for each adjuster which gives the adjuster such a smooth feel when adjusting the spring. The indents on the adjuster make it easier to use also. Well worth the purchase.

Square gearboxs

Yes , these things are the BEEZ KNEEZ! suprisingly they weight about the same if not less then the stock gear boxs! The look beautiful, easy to install, ridgid and VERY PRESICE. the pinion bearing fits in the case soooooo snug, no wobbling about at all and as the case can only be tightened to a certain point each time it does help with the meshing of the gear ALOT. it gives your drivetrain a smoother feel all around. it helps with the binding situation alot BUT there still is a linguring of the binding im afriad BUT useing the 3 piece prop Solves the binding situation! its great! it should do a lot of good for the handling of the car too i will tell tommorrow on how they do.

Bad points I REALLY DONT WANT TO SCRATCH THEM!

Tarnjit
Old 02-14-2004, 07:10 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

--> black Mountaineer <--

Nice truck, Hemi!!
Old 02-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

great job looks perfect
I do not continu with the tbevo3 se
to many problems hope you dont have as many as I had

I am driving A red 414m now
Old 02-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ran my EVOIII today, handled GREAT, and had a few BIG crashes...

I noticed this when I was changing a rear input gear...
The gears do not seem to mesh "flush" with eachother. To me it seems that the very outside of the teeth on the gears are what touch eachother, and where most striping occurs. (Kind of like the two gears are too flat, and the inner part of the teeth rarly touch) I noticed that on my TC3, the gears' teeth are in contact with each other over the entire mesh at all times.

Has anyone else noticed this?
(I am still looking through the pages of this thread, so if it has, disregarde this post )
Old 02-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

bubbles... let me know what you find.

hello guys. ran my evoII SE today.. stripped the hell out of my one way gear again... ran a diff up front, just dont like the feel of it.

i put back the one way, again stripped them. you guys have any good solutions to the stripping problem? i think ive read 100 of the 187 pages.

there's about a billion different ways to solve it according to the thread, is there a solution that works better than most? please help! i love my evoIII se, but if i cant get it to work, the TRF415 is gonna have to replace it

btw.. anyone have a good high bite asphalt set up?
Old 02-15-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

mmmmm HPI PRO4 hehehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.