Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
And I am done discussing ROAR in RCtech as well...
OK 1 more... How much can I get the remaining 4 months of my ROAR membership on EBAY? Maybe some one will have pity on me and make good bid....
Old 03-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

And yes Rob is right people are laid off and poor right now but somehow the snowbirds and IIC managed 300 entries this year.
They did, but how does that compare to years past? And no offense, but Vegas and Florida in February have a lot of exciting things beyond rc going for them compared to Gaithersburg MD.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Snowbirds and IIC have had around the same amount of entries the last 2 years I believe.

Ok heres another one.

Last years Nats In Cleveland in March, almost 300 entires. Economy was in the crapper then too. No stupid Sportsman 17.5 rule where the cars are faster than 19 turn was like 3 years ago. Among other things.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Last years Nats In Cleveland in March, almost 300 entires. Economy was in the crapper then too. No stupid Sportsman 17.5 rule where the cars are faster than 19 turn was like 3 years ago. Among other things.
Yep, and look at the U.S. Dirt Oval Champs, December 09, in PA, 500+ Entries....so something is definitely amiss with ROAR lets be honest.

I think the biggest thing that has hurt overall turnout is simple, ROAR and Manufactures have not been working together for the future growth of this great hobby. While lipos, brushless motors, and speedos have been great for the hobby it has been way to much to fast with technology development i.e. programmable speedos, adjustable timing, latest software updates, etc. its ridiculous, but yet everyone wonders why tracks are closing and new drivers aren't showing up.

AND to top it off, you have a ROAR Rep who makes his introduction on this forum and manages to offend a lot of the racing community by calling them illiterate and the only way to communicate with him after making his grand intro. is via e-mail.....LOL

What a JOKE!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug D
Yep, and look at the U.S. Dirt Oval Champs, December 09, in PA, 500+ Entries....so something is definitely amiss with ROAR lets be honest.

I think the biggest thing that has hurt overall turnout is simple, ROAR and Manufactures have not been working together for the future growth of this great hobby. While lipos, brushless motors, and speedos have been great for the hobby it has been way to much to fast with technology development i.e. programmable speedos, adjustable timing, latest software updates, etc. its ridiculous, but yet everyone wonders why tracks are closing and new drivers aren't showing up.

AND to top it off, you have a ROAR Rep who man his introduction on this forum and manages to offend a lot of the racing community by calling them illiterate and the only to communicate is to e-mail him.....LOL

What a JOKE!
Thats 509 and we cut it off. 600 was easily attainable other than not having enough time to get all the races in.

Also had 400 plus for the Feb race and will have 200 plus in April for the first tour race. Dirtoval is booming along with 40 dollar entry fees, no memberships needed, and free t-shirts are all included.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

08-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hi Guys,

Well the trailer is rolling on its way, The crew loaded it up last night and it started the journey to the Strip. We leave on Saturday to start getting things ready and the extra day allows Jamie to hit his lucky 777 slot machine.

B-Man777- yes entries are down for this years event and there is do doubt it has to do with the economy, Boomer and I have heard it first hand from many racers that it is tight for them and their family. Also some of the factories have cut down their travel teams quite a bit. Each driver was running 2 or 3 classes so looking at last years entries and seeing this years, that counts for a lot of the entires we are down. but no matter this will only allow us to give everyone more time off at night to enjoy Vegas! Hopefully some of you guys will not enjoy it to much.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.
Thanks
Scotty
This year was 320, but I don't know what 08 was....either way there also was no black diamonds or v203 software at last years nats. I personally think this last year was worse than the previous as far as the economy.

So lets just end ROAR. Obviously there is no need for it except for something to blame for screwing everything up or to scream at when they don't fix everything fast enough. Wouldn't we be better off without it?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Thats 509 and we cut it off. 600 was easily attainable other than not having enough time to get all the races in.

Also had 400 plus for the Feb race and will have 200 plus in April for the first tour race. Dirtoval is booming along with 40 dollar entry fees, no memberships needed, and free t-shirts are all included.
Yes finally we can eliminate ROAR. Thank god.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd

Brian....
Old 03-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Instead of crapping up this thread anymore, how about taking the ROAR discussion here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...us-thread.html
Old 03-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'll be there, in the Vintage T/A class...I know...people don't care about T/A...but it is a fun class to run in.

~Ron
Old 03-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Instead of crapping up this thread anymore, how about taking the ROAR discussion here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...us-thread.html
I agree 1000%. Any other talk not related to the specific running of this event will take a some time off.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh I so want to post, but I don't want the thread to be closed.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Rich What a way to introduce yourself.

Come on here and basically saying anyone with an opinion is illiterate. Education and grammar shouldn't matter if the point people are trying to get across makes sense.

Well guess what there smart guy. You are talking to Roar members here.

Why should it matter if we post our opinion on this thread or on an "official" roar forum? As far as I know this is by far the largest on road forum in the world if you want to get involved in the community get used to being here and dealing with "illiterate" people.

We are the people that join roar and support them when they do things we approve of. OBVIOUSLY less than 200 entries total between the last 2 Onroad nats should tell even the illiterate that something is severely wrong with how roar is dealing with the on road issues.

And yes Rob is right people are laid off and poor right now but somehow the snowbirds and IIC managed 300 entries this year.
I agree with you. I was overly harsh with my comment. Apologies for being abrupt. I am here if you wish to eMail me with comments.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rich - This is the type of behavior that many of us are used to when dealing with ROAR, so to have you come on here and do what others have done, tells us nothing has changed.

Thanks for the apology, but it comes a little late IMO. I do not plan to renew my ROAR membership until things change for the better.

I wish Mimi the best and "The Track" is my home track. The track has great people, you will have a good time, and the racing is some of the best around. For everyone attending you will have a blast and Mimi will not disappoint you. She loves the racers and racing in general. She and the crew have spent time and money with many improvements and we hope you enjoy.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by munrath
Rich - This is the type of behavior that many of us are used to when dealing with ROAR, so to have you come on here and do what others have done, tells us nothing has changed.

Thanks for the apology, but it comes a little late IMO. I do not plan to renew my ROAR membership until things change for the better.
Point taken. I'm new on this side of the forum. I have not been here (the electric side) much. I did not mean to come and do what others have done. I was truly trying to give folks the opportunity to reach out to me. I am very interested in making ROAR better for the racers. I did not mean to come across as condescending. I'll tell you what - I was a real d.ck.

Once I read what I had written - yep. I agree with you guys. I'll start over.
Yes, Nova F1, I was disrespectful to you as well - apologies.

I am interested in knowing your thoughts, gang.

I didn't mean to derail this thread - it should be about the upcoming Nationals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.