Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AndrewClaycomb
I'm running a Go w/ a turbo button in my latemodel. I'm at a little less than a gallon and without a full race tune on it, I'm making tons of power. I was going to get about 2 gallons on it and change the rod to a Novarossi. Supposedly people are getting 10+ gallons with the replacement.

Of course I've got a backup motor with a flywheel and clutch on it ready to go in if something goes wrong during a race day.
Best thing you can do for that thing is a nova rod.If you got two gal do it now dont let i break.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Hi All

just wanted to chime in re this post. The owner of the engine RC Skyline originally approached us re an engine bearing faliure of which we encouraged him to come see us . We both looked at the engine and saw that it was a non fuel related issue, it was in fact a bearing malfunction. We have dealt with the issue and warranted the engine. So im confused why this is happening.

Anyway

We stand by our A MAin fuel as an excellent racing product and our race results reflects this.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

regards

Massive Mods Australia
Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeefHead
Two rods is not enough.Maybe an extra crank and piston and sleeve.I would not run them if they were free.Nothing sucks more than having a good day of racing GO bad because of a china engine.
Half the engines out there are made in China

I dont think the price of the motor adds up to a hill of beans in regards to quality.

It is the quality of the manufacturer that counts not the country of origin. Although I will admit that Italy apparently has better metalergists.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

My son and I have went through over 16 gallons of fuel since Feb. all on Go motors. We had one dnf all summer due to a motor problem. It was on a 8+ gallon motor he was running, since we were at a sandy track we didn't want to put in a newer one. If properly broken in rods are not a problem. I do not change out my rods as often as others, in 8 gallons I changed rods once. I do however take my motors apart often and check the rod with a bore guage to see how much they are worn. (any brand motor we have run)

Rex
Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by matrixmike28
Half the engines out there are made in China

I dont think the price of the motor adds up to a hill of beans in regards to quality.

It is the quality of the manufacturer that counts not the country of origin. Although I will admit that Italy apparently has better metalergists.
True but all the good ones made in italy.Money wise there is no reason to buy a go.There is to many good mills from italy for the same or less money.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ive seen four go tecks this year and all of them are junk.One of them was an eb mods.They run good for a little bit but need a healthy diet of rods.

Many of us here have found that one go tech will be fine when another will just blow up, I gave them a go because the price seemed to cheap to be true and no doubt as with anything you get what you pay for, Weather my engine failed do to it simply been a go tech or because of the amain fuel who knows... never will know but i do know many guys in the race scene want answers as to why there engines died after less that 4 litres of amain fuel thru them

Im not talking about go techs specificly here.. One guy had three os speeds blow up on him... thats over $1800 aud worth of engines and they all only lasted 4 litres or less, He never had any problems on Meccamo fuel... And funny enough when he went back to Meccamo hes engines are lasting 30 plus litres again easily... thats not a coincidence and he is not the only guy that has been in that situation

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

True but all the good ones made in italy.Money wise there is no reason to buy a go.There is to many good mills from italy for the same or less money.
Oh ya well well well um China has nuclear weapons top that LOL

Just kidding I think there are plenty of good companies out there from both countries. I personally have been happy with Go motors. I also have 2 Trinity extechs (Sirio motors) and love them too.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default hello

MECCAMO FUEL were do u get that fuel havent heard of it
rc skyline is there a link to it what % and oil % in australia
Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i had a GO tech .21 3 port race that i had for 8 gallons NEVER one problem with it at all. all original parts at 8 gallons and it kept up with everything on the market
Old 11-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Hi All

just wanted to chime in re this post. The owner of the engine RC Skyline originally approached us re an engine bearing faliure of which we encouraged him to come see us . We both looked at the engine and saw that it was a non fuel related issue, it was in fact a bearing malfunction. We have dealt with the issue and warranted the engine. So im confused why this is happening.

Anyway

We stand by our A MAin fuel as an excellent racing product and our race results reflects this.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

regards

Massive Mods Australia

As i allready said i was one of the lucky ones and i am not out of pocket,

Mark as aperson i have no problems with you at all... Your products however and your threatning to sue people because they are and have posted there findings on your fuel products i do have a problem with

Many people i race with however want answeres as to why amain fuel was killing there engines?

The fact that you try to bluff poeple mark by sugesting you will sue them if they talk about there engine failours that they have experianced using your product is beyond a joke and the reason why i am personly making sure people know the facts, You may well loose business as a result but thats not my problem... People put good faith in your fuel!!!

Its not as thou the people with dead engines are going to see any reimbursment is it?

People spent good money trusting your fuel... they all did the right thing by you but your fuel did not do the right thing by them and i am sorry but thats just not on!.. Im anoyed at seeing people spending an absolute fortune on engines one after the other as they have blown up because of amain fuel, Your threatning to sue these people if they talk about it just makes me sick!!, Who do you think you are?

When at your store last mark about what about 3 weeks ago i explained to you that no one in the racing scene is using your fuel anymore because they cant trust it.. I then asked why has one experianced racer killed three os speeds on amain fuel and your reply to that was "os speeds/ there bearings only last 4 litres"

Thats total crap!!!, Sure os speeds in general dont seem to have the logevtivity of say an rb or a novarossi in there .21 ofroad line up but they do last more than 4 litres mate, Expecialy in the hands of good racers that after run there engines every race day and look after them like they are there babies, Can you explain mark why now using another fuel that particular racer is not having any problems getting in one case up to 40 litres out of hes engines now?... Yes there os speeds too

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

What exactly is going out on the motors with the fuel, bearings, rod and crank wear?

Rex
Old 11-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrbusta
MECCAMO FUEL were do u get that fuel havent heard of it
rc skyline is there a link to it what % and oil % in australia

Where are you located?.. I buy mine from a sydney store called powerhouse performance

I cant beleive you have not heard of it .. its very well know by high end racers and champions including the current aus 1/8th offroad champ i beleive

http://www.meccamo.com/gb/produits-meccamo.php

http://www.meccamo.com/gb/ils-utilis...ts-meccamo.php

Meccamo is a very high end european company, From what i understand there fuel has nitrogoen in the bottle instead of air so that it will last up to 2 years if stored correctly prior to opening, They keep a record and sample from every batch for something like 10 or 15 years incase there is ever a claim of a problem

http://www.meccamo.com/gb/fabrication-meccamo.php

This is a well proven fuel comany of i think nearly 20 years experiance

But the best bit is that the price is actully very affordable, I have found it between $58 and $78 for 5 litres... and for 5 litres (most others are 4) that is very good value for what is basicly the best or one there of fuel you can buy

I will never look back from Meccamo after making the change, I am very pleased

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 22Racer
What exactly is going out on the motors with the fuel, bearings, rod and crank wear?

Rex
I dont know what you mean by going out but bearings seem to die and rods breaking etc

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I cant beleive you have not heard of it .. its very well know by high end racers and champions including the current aus 1/8th offroad champ i beleive

I'm pretty sure wane walker won the Australian titles here in Perth early this year and runs Nitro X.... correct me if I'm wrong.....

The 2009 Australian National Titles has been run and won at MORBC. Congratulations to Wayne Walker for winning the Titles for the second year in a row.

Nationals Winners
1st Wayne Walker (Mugen), 2nd Craig Laughton (Hot Bodies), 3rd Andrew Gillott (Losi)
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Possibly your quite right...

I know he defently used to use Meccamo thou

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.