Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOT BODIES TIRES

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are you coming with the old Redstick crew? Hal Martin, Joe. D, Adam Joiner, Bobby Credur?

Make sure you have tires and a ton of motor! lol
Old 03-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Black.....no but I do know all those guys. I race with James S., Eric H. Chris H.
and a few others. hit my e-mail up [email protected] This will be my first florida race. I know those guys ran at redstick. (before my time)
Im going to pick up some new treadZ for that race and wold ike to have a good selection. Not alot of time now but im looking forward to bringin my family and having a great time. Hit me up man later
Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

any other thoughts on these tires?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
any other thoughts on these tires?
Just curios as to what foams everyone is using?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Friend is using the AKA foam in his Hot Bodies tires and he says it is dialed for Revelation Raceway.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

i ran the megabytes on a blue groove track. they feel just like the proline revolvers, but last much longer.

i was suprised, i thought they were much better then anything else i have used on a hard packed track.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xxxn-t chuck
Just curios as to what foams everyone is using?
I have been using proline m3 foams with HB red compound tires. Have not tried aka foams yet.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ive ran works molded white form the time i got the magabite tires and thay have been great
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is a list of what the top three driver's use at Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet,IL.

Buggy:
AKA Ciyt Blocks
AKA I-Beams
K-2

Truggy:
Bowtie
Boa's
Crimefighter

And I don't think the national's will be inside if it rains, but just in case, the tire choice for both is Switch 2.0.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I finally had a chance to try out the new HB tires, this past weekend. They are no joke!

I had 3 sets to try, all in red compound. Khaos, Blocks, and Megabites.

These were tried on, what I consider, a medium packed surface, with fluff. Lightly watered through out the day.

First off, I mounted them using used AKA foams. After mounting them, I was amazed on how they felt. They just felt great. The foams fit the tires great, and the foams felt soft, yet firm. I couldn't wait to get them on the track.

I tried them using the blocks in front, and the Khaos in the rear. Much like you would use a Bow-Fighter combo.

During practice, once I hit the first turn, I had a smile on my face! The steering i had with the blocks on the front, were awsome! The khaos tires, (which are simiular in design to the Bowties) have a little bit different design which I felt gave them more side bite than that of the Bowties. This made all the difference. After a few laps of getting used to the combo, it just got better. I could dive into the turns, with now push, and exit the turns without that feeling of the rear washing out. A little throttle seems to help the rear bite in, and gave them a good feel to the combo. Even as the track dried out a bit, they still had a great feel, and never lost my steering.

Later in the day, the track died out sooner, so I decided to try the Megabite. Again, these tires worked good, but I think they would have worked better on a harder packed surface. They still had a great feel, but were not as consistent. I'm sure it had to do with the amount of fluffy surface there was around the track. Lap times were still about the same, but had to work a little harder to get around the track.

Decided to go back to the first combo, and it was back to great steering, and a great feel.

Tire wear was pretty good. The Blocks showed zero wear. The Khaos tires showed some signs. The red compound is pretty dang soft. I will have to try the Khoas in medium compound. I think that might be the ticket.

My next time out, I will try the Blocks in all four corners, and see how that works.

I just thought I would express my opinion on the HB tires that I have tried. If your looking to try something different, give them a shot! They are reasonably priced, and work great!

I will be racing this weekend at Revelations Raceway, where I think the Megabites will shine! I cant wait! I will post how they worked out next week!
Old 03-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itsshemp
I finally had a chance to try out the new HB tires, this past weekend. They are no joke!

I had 3 sets to try, all in red compound. Khaos, Blocks, and Megabites.

These were tried on, what I consider, a medium packed surface, with fluff. Lightly watered through out the day.

First off, I mounted them using used AKA foams. After mounting them, I was amazed on how they felt. They just felt great. The foams fit the tires great, and the foams felt soft, yet firm. I couldn't wait to get them on the track.

I tried them using the blocks in front, and the Khaos in the rear. Much like you would use a Bow-Fighter combo.

During practice, once I hit the first turn, I had a smile on my face! The steering i had with the blocks on the front, were awsome! The khaos tires, (which are simiular in design to the Bowties) have a little bit different design which I felt gave them more side bite than that of the Bowties. This made all the difference. After a few laps of getting used to the combo, it just got better. I could dive into the turns, with now push, and exit the turns without that feeling of the rear washing out. A little throttle seems to help the rear bite in, and gave them a good feel to the combo. Even as the track dried out a bit, they still had a great feel, and never lost my steering.

Later in the day, the track died out sooner, so I decided to try the Megabite. Again, these tires worked good, but I think they would have worked better on a harder packed surface. They still had a great feel, but were not as consistent. I'm sure it had to do with the amount of fluffy surface there was around the track. Lap times were still about the same, but had to work a little harder to get around the track.

Decided to go back to the first combo, and it was back to great steering, and a great feel.

Tire wear was pretty good. The Blocks showed zero wear. The Khaos tires showed some signs. The red compound is pretty dang soft. I will have to try the Khoas in medium compound. I think that might be the ticket.

My next time out, I will try the Blocks in all four corners, and see how that works.

I just thought I would express my opinion on the HB tires that I have tried. If your looking to try something different, give them a shot! They are reasonably priced, and work great!

I will be racing this weekend at Revelations Raceway, where I think the Megabites will shine! I cant wait! I will post how they worked out next week!
were you running the bow-fighter setup at ARC?
Old 03-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was running the Block/Khaos combo in red compound yesterday at ARC. Kinda like the Bowfighter set-up.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itsshemp
I was running the Block/Khaos combo in red compound yesterday at ARC. Kinda like the Bowfighter set-up.
thats what i meant. i couldnt think of thier names when i was writing my post
Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Just wanted to put in my .02 on the HB tires. I would have put up my review sooner but I have been trying to figure out my motor issues that occured last weekend.

we will start from the beginning. out of the bag, the tires feel really good. as far as prepping for mounting, the only thing that had to be done was a light wipe down with denatured alcohol. there was nothing that needed to be trimmed or no sanding necessary. tires were mounted to a set of used AKA foams and rims. this combo was a perfect fit, tires were snug on the rim and the the tires had a nice curve, not to flat and not to rounded.

I was racing with itsshemp at ARC so the track conditions are the same. on the track, the tires felt really good. for the track conditions, blocks (red) front and khaos (red) in the rear was definately the combo to run. I had tried the megabites first and was very impressed with those. after ittshemp let me try his Blocks up front on my buggy for a few laps, I immediately got a pair out of the car and glued them up cause I knew they would be the tires to run. Blocks had tons of steering and the khaos in the rear had the foward bite & was just loose enough to help bring the rear around in the corners. I did trim the outer row of blocks at a 45 deg. angle on the front tires to prevent from traction rolling and to smooth out the steering.

I would say the khaos in the white (medium) compound may be a little better if running on a wetter track. since the pins are smaller than the Blocks, the red compound khaos may have a tendency to fold over too much if you were on heavier dirt.

Some other key notes:
- Block/Khaos set up worked great where Revolvers were pushing badly (in the corners)
- after 6 min qual. and a 20 minute main, the tires show nearly zero wear.
- I normally run AKA's, I didn't even bother to run any Saturday cause I was perfectly happy with the HB tires.
- Very impressed with tires, for the first time using them, I would have had a very good chance of taking home first in the Expert A-main but motor issues prevented, still took 3rd.

For any1 looking into these tires, they are definately competive! Price is on par with any other major brand and they wear seams to be great. We will be racing at Rev this weekend, haven't tried these tires there, but talking to some of the other guys , it seems like they are having success, we will see...

Here is the link to ARC so you can get an idea of the track conditions, should be linked to the page of pics that were taken last Saturday.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

It is good to hear that people are also having great success with the HB tires. I will be trying some white compound soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.