TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

I went out to play today & the track was in really good shape & stayed that way all day. I think Dan found the hot ticket with his new track packing technology.I know 35 guys is not as hard on the track as a big turnout night but still it left the track in better shape than it had been previously after a simillar turn out saturday. Pres what time you think you'll be done fri night? I got kinda sick of driving out there to find the work was done or nobody showed up,I might be able to get there by 6:30-7:00 if there will be help needed at that time.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nitro Rulz!!!!!!!!! you know it Jeff!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

so how bad does the track flood?

it rained pretty good today and i hear its gonna last through wednesday.
hopefully there will be enough time to dry out the track and do some maintenance before saturday.

any help that is needed during the week or on race day ill be there!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default racing

Anybody have any idea or opinion's if we maybe started a little earlier to keep the temp's up ? Maybe a 1 pm start ?????
Old 12-16-2008, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ON A MISSION
Anybody have any idea or opinion's if we maybe started a little earlier to keep the temp's up ? Maybe a 1 pm start ?????
you have my vote on that one.
just make sure that it is well communicated.
give the heads up 1-2 weeks in advance.
it definitely gets cold once the sun goes down.

we had our propane heater on the table under the ez up
it worked really well at keeping us warm but only if there was no wind!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

I think That is a good idea Tony. It gets really cold out there and the track seems to hold water really well during the day! Hey Tony, what happend to the rest of your crew from SD? I know my man Gibby is always out having fun! What about Aymar and some of those hotrods from Barona? Maybe we could work out a North-South series since gas is so cheap? I think its cool that you showed up though. Maybe I will see you guys the day after christmas? We can have some fun while the ladies blow our tire budgets for the next 3 years!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tech5
I think That is a good idea Tony. It gets really cold out there and the track seems to hold water really well during the day! Hey Tony, what happend to the rest of your crew from SD? I know my man Gibby is always out having fun! What about Aymar and some of those hotrods from Barona? Maybe we could work out a North-South series since gas is so cheap? I think its cool that you showed up though. Maybe I will see you guys the day after christmas? We can have some fun while the ladies blow our tire budgets for the next 3 years!!!!!!
I should be there this week....had some family commitments last weekend. Our new race car is getting closer to completion, so that may keep me away. Other than that, you can count me in just about every Saturday.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Default racing SAT NIGHT

Well as far as the track in san diego ,It's a little under par ,they just need a little jumpstart to get the track in shape . It's almost like they are torn trying to please the 1/10 electric guy's . I really don't see a series working out but you never know . I would however like to see us start earlier during the rest of december and a few weeks in january at the least , you have to remember we don't have the track in murrieta ,with the barn as our protection from the cold .I personally like to work on my car but not when i cannot feel my finger tip's. Earlier starts would be great also so the track could open earlier and get the out of towner's home at a decent time after the drive .
Old 12-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I came prepared for the cold, I had my snowboarding jacket! Ha!

Anyway, I would've split too had Danny and Mike Luz not left their easy up for me. Thanks guys!

I wouldn't mind an earlier start time, it is much easier to drive with warm fingers. One thing that would be great for cold nights is a fire pit. Don't know if this is feasible though. Maybe too much for Dan to deal with?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Default weds practice

Can someone please give me a update on the track , if it raining up there or if it will be closed for practice on wed . thanks
Old 12-17-2008, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ON A MISSION
Can someone please give me a update on the track , if it raining up there or if it will be closed for practice on wed . thanks
today does not look to good-

Day: Likely moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. High 49F, humidity 55%. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 0
90% chance of rain (day)

Night: Slight chance of light rain showers. Low 34F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
35% chance of rain (evening)

SATURDAY-

Sunny skies. High 58F and low 36F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 3
15% Chance of rain
Old 12-17-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

a fire pit sounds like a good idea.
i dont know if it would be within the rules of the park though
i cant see it hurting anything its rained for almost 3 straight days.

i font know about practice this week but hopefully it stops raining and gives the track enough time to dry out!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Who needs fingertips anyways???? Raining up here Tony
Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

if this rain doesnt let up we might be racing rubber ducks or even snowmobiles this weekend... seriously it hasnt stopped raining since i woke up this morning.
if it stops raining tomorrow and doesnt rain anymore between then and saturday we MIGHT be able to race.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah, I am pretty much OVER this rain. It has been raining all day here too, and been COLD!!

Hopefully it will take a rest, so we can get our race on!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.