Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clutch bearings for 8T

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Default Clutch bearings for 8T

I just wore out the second set of clutch bearing, for the clutch of my Losi 8T. I am debating wether to go with good ceramic, or cheap Losi bearings. I would like opinions from those who race Losi's and their experiences, and links to what you use.

thanks for any info you have to spare
Old 11-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

doent waste your money on the hi priced ceramic bearings...clutch bearing just wear out fast and there is nothing that can be done about it...
Old 11-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
doent waste your money on the hi priced ceramic bearings...clutch bearing just wear out fast and there is nothing that can be done about it...
Thank you. I figured as much, but thought i'd ask before getting a 5.00 set of bearings. Does anyone know the exact size of the bearings? I think avid rc bearings would be perfect
Old 11-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyjr
Thank you. I figured as much, but thought i'd ask before getting a 5.00 set of bearings. Does anyone know the exact size of the bearings? I think avid rc bearings would be perfect
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/8947
Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

avid revolutions are the best bang for your buck bearings on the market!!!! if you want more life out of them try this method , using your heat gun , lay the bearings on your pit towel rubber side down , heat up the bearing for about 15-20 seconds to melt the lithium grease out and while it is still hot drop 2 or 3 drops of a synthetic gear oil !!! this is the best method i have found to make clutch bell bearings last after 7 years of nitro racing , i have been doing it for about 2 years and cut the cost of clutch bell bearings by 75% !!!! seriously!! i re-oil the bearings after 30 -45 minutes of run time on the bearings and have used 1 set of bearings for 6 hours of run time with a three shoe aluminum kyosho clutch with 1.0 springs !!! unheard of . I ran the losi buggy for about 2 gallons and found this method to work great with the same kind of bearings ( inboard bearing size is 5mmx13mm ) and the same treatment as above
hope this helps,
Monty

and by the way , the losi buggy is no where near a kyosho buggy in performance !!!! the losi is all tricked out and sitting on my pit shelf !!!! wanna buy it ???
Old 11-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you much for the info, i assume the outer bearing is a standard 5X10mm.

Houston, I appreciate the offer on the buggy, but i got a lightning 2pro that I'm satisfied with, for the time being till i get to drive one and see if i like it
Old 11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Houston is right, I've been runnning Avid bearings thru-out all my cars with great success!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys for the info, I just ordered a ten pack of each from AVID