Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've been running the Mugen mount on my truck too, I've got mine mounted in the bottom hole thgouh, and the body mount mounted in the hole that lines up with the slot, (if that makes sense lol), that way the wing stays in about the same position vertically, but the body is lowered, so it sits more horizontal to the chaisis, and makes temping the engine easier since its not so deep in the body, and the wing actually sits up off the body then too,
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rregl0612
Robert
I dont like to drift my truck so I want the rear to hold its line while the front pulls it around.. I drove 1/10 for to many years and when I switched to buggy I tried to drive it like a rally car.. But it just didnt work for me..
I found my lap times where way higher when I had to hit the brakes to get the rear to slide out..

ok yea you wont driff that easy if you run something like 7-10-5
and you can lossen the sway bar a little so it can keep the wheels on the ground easier
Old 05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

With just the rear molded brace you will probably break the center diff mount. Put the buggy rear brace on also, just drill a new hole in the chassis.

And what is wrong with the stock wing mount? I mount mine with the adjustments towards the front so the screw won't pull through when you land on the wing.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If i put the rear brace also, wont that make the center diff mount even weaker, is there something i can do to it? I hate taking apart the breaks link to work on the front.
I busted two wing mounts from landing on the wing, so i thought this would hold up better, i never knew about flipping the mount.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
And what is wrong with the stock wing mount? I mount mine with the adjustments towards the front so the screw won't pull through when you land on the wing.
I dont like the stock mount because it limits the wings you can use witout doing mods to it, the Mugen one narrows it just enough to let me run basically any wing, like the J-concepts, GS, etc . . . and I dont have to shave the mounts or wings anywhere, but I also did it to lower the body mount too, because just a personal thing, but It bugged me having the wing flush with the back of the body
Old 05-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Concerning the steering bellcrank arm, is there an issue with it that you need to go to the alloy one? I haven't noticed anyhting on the buggy, and I have the part sitting here to upgrade to, but i am thinking of getting a Matrix TR and may just save it for that instead.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

are the truggy outdrives and the buggy outdrives the same?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

No the Truggy outdrives are longer than the buggy.

Does anyone know the firmness of springs for Cen Blue, Cen Green, Mugen Gray, Xray light Blue? Softest to hardest??
Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

The rain finally stopped and I had a chance to mess with my set-up. I took some grease out of my rear dif and I did not notice much difference. Then I threw some 2000 wt in the rear and now the truck seams more stable. I also messed with the shock spacers and removed the front sway bar. I have a few more things I want to try tomorrow, but I am really begining to like how it feels.

I should be ready for Saturday
Old 05-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Yep

Yep ildrvr, I also took off my front sway bar today but I have not tried it on the track yet. I have only about 3/4 of a gallon on the the truggy so I am still working with setup but so far this truggy is great. The only thing I upgraded was the steering servo saver, I switched to the alluminium one because in the first 2 or 3 tanks I ran I broke the plastic one. But other than that this truggy is by far the best truggy I have seen and raced. CEN products are amaizing and I am very happy to be associated with there company.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

I don't know if it was my bad driving, but I also broke two "A" spindles. I have replaced those with the CNC.

I think I fixed my servo saver problem. Tonight I bent the linkage between the servo arm and the servo saver. I think I have my SS a bit too tight. OOPS
Old 05-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Initiate

I am pretty fruatrated at my truggy. I kept popping out the Front right dogbone. Then i realize that i was missing the nut on the bottom of the spindle, I replace it and I locktite it again. and again it pop out. I think the spindle is stripped and will not hold the screw. I will have to go get the pretty red ones now ( Shucks) . I was driving it really, really Hard. I wanted to test it to see where the weak points are before my club racing starts. I found it! :P I am still inpressed with it is a solid machine. It just needs some tinder loving care and i am possitive it will OWN!

I absolutly love my Matrix Buggy, And my Matrix TR!

Last edited by FT_Wacked; 05-18-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

get the cnc knuckles once you loctite them in all you have to do is check them when you run or after your runs and i mean like a day of running
Old 05-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

If you shave the stock wing mnt just slightly with a dremel, the proline wing fits perfect. But how does changing the wing mount lower the body?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

I know the proline one fits, but I had a couple of the GS HD ones, and also like the J-concepts wings, both of which you have to mod the mounts alot to get them to work, the proline wings are ok, but everyone uses them and I like to be different,

it lowers the body becuase the bolt pattern on the Mugen mount isn't as tall, so the top bolt actually goes through the slot in the tower between the original bolt holes, and this is where I mount the body mount, if you look close at the other guys pic you will see what I mean, other than he has it mounted in the top hole, I've got mine in the bottom hole, it lowers the body mount about 1/4", and then the Mugen wing mount is slightly taller, so both of those combined give a nice gap between the body and wing,

there is nothing wrong with the way the stock mounts work performance wise, it just didn't give the visual look I wanted,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.