Novak Boss in VTA

Team Scream 21.5 in USGT

Team Scream 17.5 in 17.5 (obviously)
what body are you running in usgt?
I want to run a hpi ford mustang.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I run the HPI Mazda RX-7, it works well for me.

In fact I tried it on my 17.5 car and it felt exactly like my Speed6, same lap times. Lol
Old 03-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is anybody using the Arrowmax "Let down" shocks towers?

http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...roducts_id=959

http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...roducts_id=960

What length must the shocks have with these? 60mm?
Old 04-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Another updated TCXX up for sale!
Old 04-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Ok both cars are sold, however I have one of the new HB floating servo mounts for sale.

Unused, $25 shipped
Old 05-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

What are the minimum weight to run in US GT and US VTA?

I suppose you can gain a lot of speed using a light balanced chassis...

Maybe you could be interested in my conversion:

If someone interested, I can totally share the plans of cf parts and list all the non-TCXX parts...
Old 05-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Airwave
What are the minimum weight to run in US GT and US VTA?

I suppose you can gain a lot of speed using a light balanced chassis...

Maybe you could be interested in my conversion:

If someone interested, I can totally share the plans of cf parts and list all the non-TCXX parts...
VTA is 1550 grams and USGT is 1450 (USVTA rules - ROAR may be slightly different). Most newer 190mm on road cars have to have extra weight added already so I'm not too sure how a light weight chassis would be beneficial in those classes; however, a light weight chassis may be more beneficial in the TC classes. I've replaced the stock TCXX chassis with the Aeromax aluminum chassis, which is much heavier and stiffer than the stock chassis to simply get all that required extra weight as low as possible in my VTA and USGT cars. My VTA car with the Aeromax chassis weighed in race ready at 1553 grams with no additional weight added to the car.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, I wasn't aware that these categories were running so heavy cars!

My car would be more adapted for european 13.5 blinky series which accept 1350g...

Have you an idea why they are asking for these weights? What is the interest with slow motors?
Old 06-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I'm searching for a floatable servo mount from Roche or RC9394 (obviously for the TCXX), does someone has one who is willing to sell it to me?
Thanks!
Old 06-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Thraex
Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I'm searching for a floatable servo mount from Roche or RC9394 (obviously for the TCXX), does someone has one who is willing to sell it to me?
Thanks!
I think I have one
Old 06-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
I think I have one
Thanks! Just sended you a PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi, Could someone please measure the distance between the front and rear shock tower centre to centre?

and the thickness of the shock towers please.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I guess some of us are still running the TCXX. I was wondering why one of my TCXXs was always slower than the other no matter what class I ran it in (either USGT or VTA). I think I found the answer. I've being playing with front diffs lately and found the front diff in one didn't spin freely (same thing with the spool - I just never noticed it before). I spent an hour or so finding out why the diff didn't spin freely (without the belts) and found that the front bulk heads were too close together. I also noticed that the spur gear was slightly ajar in the bulkheads. Bottom line I took the front end apart, swapped the bulkheads left to right and reassembled the front end and the now diff spins freely plus the spur gear is better aligned - no or at lest much less parasitic drag in the drive train. I checked my other car and it was OK. So now hopefully I have two fast TCXXs. This simple fix saved me a trip to a machine shop to mill off a few thousandth off each bulk head.

Probably most of you do this already but I now assemble my car with the wheels on tight (wheels bind if too tight) with no belts and spin the wheels, and the center pully to make sure there is no drag. Put the belts on but no pinion and roll the car to again check to parasitic drag.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zhangesh
Hi, Could someone please measure the distance between the front and rear shock tower centre to centre?

and the thickness of the shock towers please.

Thanks!
DO you prefer MM or inches?
Old 11-22-2015, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
I guess some of us are still running the TCXX. I was wondering why one of my TCXXs was always slower than the other no matter what class I ran it in (either USGT or VTA). I think I found the answer. I've being playing with front diffs lately and found the front diff in one didn't spin freely (same thing with the spool - I just never noticed it before). I spent an hour or so finding out why the diff didn't spin freely (without the belts) and found that the front bulk heads were too close together. I also noticed that the spur gear was slightly ajar in the bulkheads. Bottom line I took the front end apart, swapped the bulkheads left to right and reassembled the front end and the now diff spins freely plus the spur gear is better aligned - no or at lest much less parasitic drag in the drive train. I checked my other car and it was OK. So now hopefully I have two fast TCXXs. This simple fix saved me a trip to a machine shop to mill off a few thousandth off each bulk head.

Probably most of you do this already but I now assemble my car with the wheels on tight (wheels bind if too tight) with no belts and spin the wheels, and the center pully to make sure there is no drag. Put the belts on but no pinion and roll the car to again check to parasitic drag.
i still run my TCXX - love it too much to shelf it (plus have a ton of spare parts)... my only problem is, i just don't get out racing anywhere near as much as i used too

glad to hear you tracked down that issue - issues like that suck, especially when it doesn't make sense and you need to go over piece by piece to find it..

i always spin my belts/diffs when i'm building cars - just makes more sense to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.