Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
I talked to someone at Team Durango about a week or two ago, I think a DESC210 V2 is a real possibility
I really hope this happens but my TD support is now limited to the ST. I can't imagine the ST getting the v2 treatment.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Your probably right, I think the TD ST is going the way of the dinosaur. I love my ST though.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Suspended

Anyone else have issues with steering all the way (lock to lock) and then having the inside of the wheel rub either the bottom of the a-arm of the camber link ball cup?
Old 10-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)

If you're rubbing, you have too much steering! LOL! Yes, I have the same issue...seen this issue talked about once or twice online but I don't recall seeing any fixes for it - wondering if taking some caster out of the front end will help any?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As far as I know there is no fix. You can trim off a big of plastic with your dremel or set a limit on your radio.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
I really hope this happens but my TD support is now limited to the ST.

me too. i love the ST. i think its the best car they make.

But if someone dont make a body soon or they make more. i will sell it in a month or so. Hate to say ill get rid of a car i actually enjoy driving because of a STUPID issue like this. but its a real possibility.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've always been an AE guy but I wanted to try Mid-Motor short course / stadium truck so I picked up a DEST210R. If it goes well I plan to grab an DESC210R also. The directions don't seem as good as I'm used to and there is really no guidance for a decent baseline kit setup. Lucky for me there is a sponsored driver at a nearby track so I can follow his setup as I build. The only thing that I'm really not sure about is I have a lot of the same plastic parts trees in the box. I know about the type B chassis, rear toe block, motor guard, etc as those are in separate factory sealed bags. But some of the other plastic trees there is one loose in the box and a similar one in a resealable ziplock bag. Is there a difference? They seem the same type of plastic but I noticed on one tree there were +4mm trailing steering arms while on another tree there are one with inserts so you can choose inline to +4mm trailing. I assume there are updated arms. So are the other duplicate trees updated parts also? And if so which ones are the newer?
Old 10-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
As far as I know there is no fix. You can trim off a big of plastic with your dremel or set a limit on your radio.
I dremeled mine, I tried by limiting my end points, but then I didn't have quite enough steering. Our track is small and technical.

I did pretty good with my ST wed night running in 2wd mod, running a Speed Passion MMM 10.5t motor and a Hobbywing Stock Spec V3.1 ESC.

Qualified 2nd in both qualifiers and finished 2nd in the main. It was the first time I raced the truck, it was a lot of fun!
Old 10-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by trick25

But if someone dont make a body soon or they make more. i will sell it in a month or so. Hate to say ill get rid of a car i actually enjoy driving because of a STUPID issue like this. but its a real possibility.
I sent you a PM
Old 10-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Same here. Really need a new body
Old 10-17-2014, 03:27 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeld2llio
I've always been an AE guy but I wanted to try Mid-Motor short course / stadium truck so I picked up a DEST210R. If it goes well I plan to grab an DESC210R also. The directions don't seem as good as I'm used to and there is really no guidance for a decent baseline kit setup. Lucky for me there is a sponsored driver at a nearby track so I can follow his setup as I build. The only thing that I'm really not sure about is I have a lot of the same plastic parts trees in the box. I know about the type B chassis, rear toe block, motor guard, etc as those are in separate factory sealed bags. But some of the other plastic trees there is one loose in the box and a similar one in a resealable ziplock bag. Is there a difference? They seem the same type of plastic but I noticed on one tree there were +4mm trailing steering arms while on another tree there are one with inserts so you can choose inline to +4mm trailing. I assume there are updated arms. So are the other duplicate trees updated parts also? And if so which ones are the newer?
Trailing adjustments are limited to the buggy. The parts trees are shared between the '210 range, so you get some parts for the other vehicles.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ekt
Trailing adjustments are limited to the buggy. The parts trees are shared between the '210 range, so you get some parts for the other vehicles.
That's kinda what I figured too, I know trailing adjustments wouldn't work on the ST, the wheels would hit the A-arms. I didn't know about the SC though, I thought maybe trailing adjustments might work on it since the inner diameter of the wheel is 3".
Old 10-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

According to Tower, the body is supposed to be available in early November which probably means they'll get it in Dec or Jan.

I took my truck to the indoor track for the first time this season on Wednesday. I'm currently running MM4 and it seems to be a bit nose heavy on jumps. I've heard this is fairly typical for MM but anyone have any tips? The rear doesn't appear to be slapping so I don't think stiffer springs are going to help.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
That's kinda what I figured too, I know trailing adjustments wouldn't work on the ST, the wheels would hit the A-arms. I didn't know about the SC though, I thought maybe trailing adjustments might work on it since the inner diameter of the wheel is 3".
I noticed there are 14mm buggy hexes on the tree also so that makes sense.

I think you can use the trailing arm insert on the st too. For each mm you change it from 4 you move a spacer to the other end of the axle. That keeps the axle centered but changes the point it rotates around.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
According to Tower, the body is supposed to be available in early November which probably means they'll get it in Dec or Jan.

I took my truck to the indoor track for the first time this season on Wednesday. I'm currently running MM4 and it seems to be a bit nose heavy on jumps. I've heard this is fairly typical for MM but anyone have any tips? The rear doesn't appear to be slapping so I don't think stiffer springs are going to help.
Are you running a shorty or full size pack? I went to a shorty, all the way back as far as it would go, made a big difference. With a full size pack, even all the way back I was too nose heavy. My steering pushes now, but most of that is the crappy tires I'm using right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.