Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by foampervert
I used to run my m06 with a tamiya renault alpine body, I found that it was very fast, not much steering and definitely very little rear grip or stability.

I tried some other shells, such as team titan's Volvo c30, abc hobbies lancia stratos and some others.

I noticed that the shells with wings work best for m06, shells with gurney flaps also worked pretty decently. Shells with no aero downforce made the car very unstable for road racing. They were great for rally though.

-Alexander
Yesterday i gave it a try, and was suprised in a positive way
Due to your post, i thought it will be very tricky driving the alpine Shell, but had no Problems with it! It ran awesome for me. There was wo difference in handling as the S15 Body.
This might be because of the slow speed (Black can) or the high grip of the track.
So at the Moment it looks pretty good
Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aitutaki
Due to your post, i thought it will be very tricky driving the alpine Shell, but had no Problems with it! It ran awesome for me. There was wo difference in handling as the S15 Body.
This might be because of the slow speed (Black can) or the high grip of the track.
are you guy running Tamiya mini tires?
I would like tryout the M06R,but I have the m03R right now..I am thinking about getting the M06R for carpet..
Old 09-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OVA
are you guy running Tamiya mini tires?
I would like tryout the M06R,but I have the m03R right now..I am thinking about getting the M06R for carpet..
yes, at the moment i changed to Type-A in the front , and S-Grip in the rear.
With gear diff and hard stabilizer in the front. (none rear)
driving on asphalt outdoor track
indoor will be different for sure...

enclosed a pic of the Alpine Shell
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-apline-m06.jpg  

Last edited by Aitutaki; 09-23-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Uh huh

If you're used to a slightly looser rear end with the Silvia body, the alpine body is like a faster version of it. I built mine without the plastic embellishments(bumpers, lamps, intakes and mirrors) and I had issues running tamiya 60d tires on asphalt. Just. Couldn't get it running as fast as the m05 with similar tire constraints.

I eventually stuck a buggy front wing unto the back with tamiya wing stand offs. Rear became a lot more planted.

It got very bashed up and I've retired it. Is there any chance you might take multi-angle photos of your awesome bodyshells? I think it's awesome!

-Alexander

Last edited by foampervert; 09-23-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

yes, at the moment i changed to Type-A in the front , and S-Grip in the rear.
With gear diff and hard stabilizer in the front. (none rear)
driving on asphalt outdoor track
indoor will be different for sure...

enclosed a pic of the Alpine Shell
Nice paint work..
Did you had to add any weights at the rear end of the car?
to stable the car around the corner?
Old 09-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice body
Old 09-24-2013, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OVA
Nice paint work..
Did you had to add any weights at the rear end of the car?
to stable the car around the corner?
thanks guys.
Yes i have the M-06R , so the weights are installed
This is a big benefit for the rear grip!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:47 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

thanks guys.
Yes i have the M-06R , so the weights are installed
This is a big benefit for the rear grip!
do you ever raced in carpet? I had the MO4 and it is fast,you have to drive really smooth like a one way diff..
Old 09-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OVA
you have to drive really smooth like a one way diff
I drive mine the same way and i find it quite fast. I don't drive it in races, just fun matches between colleagues, but it's easy going this way.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hasi
I drive mine the same way and i find it quite fast. I don't drive it in races, just fun matches between colleagues, but it's easy going this way.
at the moment i only had the chance batteling in 2 carpet events. One , it was my first m-06 race was horrible *g*
the second was quite good, and ended up in 2nd position. but i hope to reach the top within this new season so let's see and i'll keep you updated.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:22 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

at the moment i only had the chance batteling in 2 carpet events. One , it was my first m-06 race was horrible *g*
the second was quite good, and ended up in 2nd position. but i hope to reach the top within this new season so let's see and i'll keep you updated.
I ran the M04 years ago on carpet..so hopefully the M06R s/b the same..REAR DRIVE...
I should have the m06R soon next week...
Old 09-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Ran my 06 Pro at the weekend in the stock silvercan class. Tried a totally new setup that was absolutely dialled. TRF Mini dampers with the rears built using the longer rods supplied in the kit, 35wt oil in the rear, standard pistons 3 hole I think. Tamiya touring car red springs on the rear, flouro red Mini short springs on front. Rear carbon tower, rear shocks mounted outer hole at the top and to the Pro ballpin mount at the bottom. No added weight. Tyres Pit Shimizu 60D super soft rear and ABC slicks front. Running on highish grip carpet it was so planted, no sign of grip roll, plenty of steering, fantastic traction. Couldn't fault it at all. Made me question why I persevere with my M05.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:01 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mini35
Ran my 06 Pro at the weekend in the stock silvercan class. Tried a totally new setup that was absolutely dialled. TRF Mini dampers with the rears built using the longer rods supplied in the kit, 35wt oil in the rear, standard pistons 3 hole I think. Tamiya touring car red springs on the rear, flouro red Mini short springs on front. Rear carbon tower, rear shocks mounted outer hole at the top and to the Pro ballpin mount at the bottom. No added weight. Tyres Pit Shimizu 60D super soft rear and ABC slicks front. Running on highish grip carpet it was so planted, no sign of grip roll, plenty of steering, fantastic traction. Couldn't fault it at all. Made me question why I persevere with my M05.
what is the ABC slick front? it is pit med hard tires?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

No idea what compound the ABC tyres are, I've had them for a while. They're from an old ABC Genetic kit I broke up and sold off in bits.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OVA
I ran the M04 years ago on carpet..so hopefully the M06R s/b the same..REAR DRIVE...
I should have the m06R soon next week...
You better bring that thing out on Wednesdays!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.