Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

quick question guys...after building the cobra i was left with these parts, but not sure exactly what they are....

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
quick question guys...after building the cobra i was left with these parts, but not sure exactly what they are....

Thanks!
Them cute paddle things are the niftiest odditys ever and used to plug your fuel lines when swapping out motors and save yer trousers when you turn the car upsidedown or what ever it is that causes fuel to trickle into body parts that don't need dousing in fuel.

The other bits are for adjusting the brake bias. Takes a little finesse to get them fully tuned.............

Don't forget the Aluminium 2 speed bulk heads unless you like running without brakes !!

Jacko
Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

ahhh got it! Thanks jack!

Yes the alu bulk heads are on their way and should be available for pick-up from my LHS tomorrow(Monday)!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Don't know why people keep mentioning having problems with the brakes. I've been running my car and never had the slightest problem with the brakes and I run the stock plastic middle diff bulkhead. Our track has a couple of high speed sections with hairpins at the end, and never had fade.

What type of problems are people experiencing? The plastic bulkhead melting?

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Them cute paddle things are the niftiest odditys ever and used to plug your fuel lines when swapping out motors and save yer trousers when you turn the car upsidedown or what ever it is that causes fuel to trickle into body parts that don't need dousing in fuel.

The other bits are for adjusting the brake bias. Takes a little finesse to get them fully tuned.............

Don't forget the Aluminium 2 speed bulk heads unless you like running without brakes !!

Jacko
Old 08-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

I dont believe it is something as drastic as the bulkhead melting. I think the heat produced by constant breaking can result in a much less consistent breaking.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Ive seen other kits have this issue as well. Some people use the brakes so much they literaly melt the plastic down. I find this alot on some of our newer drivers here in Utah and show them little tricks like putting springs between your pads so they dont always rub. Rub is friction, friction is heat! Im running my Serpent with the stock pads and brakes as well as the plastic mount. If I melt them Ill get the alums. At home I run a tight short track so there realy isnt too much hard braking.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Initiate

I've been reading old posts and only one person has complained about it happening on the Serpent. I'll check mine often to make sure they are not melting.

BTW there is no use in trying to adjust brake bias on the Serpent. The center assembly is a solid unit... you only adjust the workload placed on the discs but does not affect bias. It will be 50:50 always.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

All I know about the brakes and bulkheads is that my brakes were fine until I was really racing hard and then they wern't !! Believe me, they melt really well............

Jacko

PS Hullo Ty..............happy trails kiddo
Old 08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Are you using the metal discs?

All I know about the brakes and bulkheads is that my brakes were fine until I was really racing hard and then they wern't !! Believe me, they melt really well............

Jacko

PS Hullo Ty..............happy trails kiddo
Old 08-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wachsmann64
Are you using the metal discs?
That was stock fibre discs. TimeZone is a brutal track for brakes for sure, but Mike Lyday had the same problem at a different track. I ain't the only one with this little headache...........!!

Jacko
Old 08-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default GT8 Invitation

If you run gt8 this is a race you dont want to miss some of the bes gt drivers will be there also lots of prices and a whole bunch of nice people to meet.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

That was stock fibre discs. TimeZone is a brutal track for brakes for sure, but Mike Lyday had the same problem at a different track. I ain't the only one with this little headache...........!!

Jacko
Good info! I had some brake fade issues on my Team C at Timezone. I never have had issues at my home town track with either cars. Guess the Alums couldnt hurt, better safe than sorry!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Pix of how it goes when the brakes go..... and it goes and goes and goes....

Update: I got to TZ yesterday to get a new motor on track. It had been heat cycled 10 tanks, so this wasn't pussy footing too much and at the end of the day, it was 90% WOT.......NOT A HINT OF BRAKE FADE YIPPEE...Ally bulkheads and Associated discs.

Jacko
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-img_1438.jpg   Serpent Cobra GT-img_1439.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Wow , seems like i was wrong, they do literally melt.

bad news, my alu bulk head didn't make it with the rest of my spares.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Initiate

And melt they do! I'll order the alu parts to be on the safe side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.