Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2924Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Just paint em and race em. Put a little effort into the body and discourage a one color no mask paint job but don't restrict people from running. The point is to have fun. I love to paint bodies some people don't. They would rather drive. Let them drive. Especially at a club level. Now large trophy events can be a different story. Make realistic looking shells part of the rules there but not at the club level.

If we required all vta cars have a realistic paint job then we would only have half of the 30 or so racers involved. Ask yourself a question. Do you want to run three realistic looking cars or 10 f1 chassis regardless of paint. I would rather have a larger field.

If realism is the goal then a full field of 3 cars isn't realistic either no matter his pretty they are.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like painting my F1 bodies all of them are blue, even the offroad stuff. I thought stickers were what you put on the back window of the pickup truck. I'm still in my learning curve.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run much stricter rules than anybody here. F1 colors on proper bodies with the proper driver helmet.so people that are just trying F1 usally show up with a Ferrari,its the easiest/Cheapest car to make. These people show up and if they stick with it then they usally try a different body later. If the dont stick with it then ok,find something else to drive. I respect it because why should a class be changed just to make everybody happy.
If it is not painted like a Formula 1 its not Formula 1.
And it is very easy to paint a Formula 1 car. Its not a museum piece but there are plenty of single color paint scheme out there that do not require huge a mounts of money to do.
The F104 Pro body can go back to around 2000,so you have so many teams that you could paint your car like.
The Ferrari F60 can be just about any car from around 2009.
There are also many one color teams from the 90s for any F103 type body.
And there are also so many different changes to the cars,so even if you run a F104 Pro body you can use the metalic red for Ferrari instead of the current Ferrari red.

Its might sound strict but Piant you car like a real F1 car or shove off. It does not have to be a mesuem piece but its the rules. Its F1, not touring cars and it is different. If I want the same old RC class I would race something else. Dont ruin my class with 1/12th thinking or touring car thinking.
I dont show up at a Oval race and expect to run a Honda NSX body.
If people need help making a respectable F1 body its easy enough and cheap.

This is a very good site where you can see almost all of the cars from F1.

http://www.allf1.info/

Get more pictures buy googleing the car you like or for whatever cans of paint you have laying around and there you go,easy enough.
Run your Ferrari body untill you make a new one if you cant paint something harder.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
I run much stricter rules than anybody here. F1 colors on proper bodies with the proper driver helmet.so people that are just trying F1 usally show up with a Ferrari,its the easiest/Cheapest car to make. These people show up and if they stick with it then they usally try a different body later. If the dont stick with it then ok,find something else to drive. I respect it because why should a class be changed just to make everybody happy.
If it is not painted like a Formula 1 its not Formula 1.
And it is very easy to paint a Formula 1 car. Its not a museum piece but there are plenty of single color paint scheme out there that do not require huge a mounts of money to do.
The F104 Pro body can go back to around 2000,so you have so many teams that you could paint your car like.
The Ferrari F60 can be just about any car from around 2009.
There are also many one color teams from the 90s for any F103 type body.
And there are also so many different changes to the cars,so even if you run a F104 Pro body you can use the metalic red for Ferrari instead of the current Ferrari red.

Its might sound strict but Piant you car like a real F1 car or shove off. It does not have to be a mesuem piece but its the rules. Its F1, not touring cars and it is different. If I want the same old RC class I would race something else. Dont ruin my class with 1/12th thinking or touring car thinking.
I dont show up at a Oval race and expect to run a Honda NSX body.
If people need help making a respectable F1 body its easy enough and cheap.

This is a very good site where you can see almost all of the cars from F1.

http://www.allf1.info/

Get more pictures buy googleing the car you like or for whatever cans of paint you have laying around and there you go,easy enough.
Run your Ferrari body untill you make a new one if you cant paint something harder.
+1
What's the point in running F1, if they don't even look the part.
plenty of other classes out there to bash around in.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+1 to organizers. If we don't agree with the rules, we can either not join, or organize races ourselves with rules that we want. I chose to organize races.

180mm/200mm, realistic/not-realistic, 21.5brushless/540 brushed, rubber/foam, 5minutes/15minutes, fixed gearing/open gearing. Organizers have a tough job of doing a balancing act. Half will like the rules, other half will not.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I sure wish clubs would put more effort into enforcing rules that limit width rather than what color a car is. How asinine. The width rule is already a joke IMHO. Now that the FGX is out everyone is widening there 104's. Might as well eliminate it all together. Soon someone will come out with an even wider car to push the performance envelope that much further and people will slowly accept it. And then the class dies again....
Old 02-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There are two (soon to be three) fairly available cars at 200mm.Yet,the 180mm rule was set to basically "blacklist" the 103/109 just when the class started taking off.

Now a 190mm car comes out and it's cool to make the 104 guys go wider?

This 190mm car is NOTHING like the current 103/104 platform (IRS,Shocks,not direct drive ect....) but the rules quickly are getting "bent" for this new car that went very far from the current solid axle setup

103/109 guys still get hung out to dry....
I don't get it.

A 103 front end is about $20 in parts... The wide kit (not that I have ANYTHING against it,so don't hate) is what $50.00?

What is the plan for when the Serpent car comes out?
That ride looks to be 200mm to me.
Said it before.
Set it to 200mm and lock it.
If you really want to get technical...give the wide cars a weight penalty or something.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 02-20-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Lets see some of these F1 paint jobs that are out there!

Sounds like there are alot of true to class paint schemes and some creative one offs; I'm doing a small spin off of a '96 gold jordan, I'll post later this week but lets show them off and let the local tracks choose what is and isn't eligible to race so we can make this thread fun again!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
There are two (soon to be three) fairly available cars at 200mm.Yet,the 180mm rule was set to basically "blacklist" the 103/109 just when the class started taking off.

Now a 190mm car comes out and it's cool to make the 104 guys go wider?

This 190mm car is NOTHING like the current 103/104 platform (IRS,Shocks,not direct drive ect....) but the rules quickly are getting "bent" for this new car that went very far from the current solid axle setup

103/109 guys still get hung out to dry....
I don't get it.

A 103 front end is about $20 in parts... The wide kit (not that I have ANYTHING against it,so don't hate) is what $50.00?

What is the plan for when the Serpent car comes out?
That ride looks to be 200mm to me.
Said it before.
Set it to 200mm and lock it.
If you really want to get technical...give the wide cars a weight penalty or something.
I agree,Whoever came up with the 190mm rule really needs to re think that.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Really I think just banning the FGX from any F1 races would be the way to go. It may be cheap to buy, but how many modification parts do you need for it to be fast and reliable?

It just goes against the whole idea of F1 being a cheap, simple and great looking form of racing. And because the FGX was allowed at some clubs, you now need a 190mm kit to make your F104 competitive.

Do we really need another touring car class?????

Just my 2c
Mike
Old 02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nrtv20

Sounds like there are alot of true to class paint schemes and some creative one offs; I'm doing a small spin off of a '96 gold jordan, I'll post later this week but lets show them off and let the local tracks choose what is and isn't eligible to race so we can make this thread fun again!
The Jordan 196 is a nice looking car and basically a single color paint job. That car had about 4 different paint job alone.Very small chance anybody else would have it when you showed up. Nice choice
Old 02-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Really I think just banning the FGX from any F1 races would be the way to go. It may be cheap to buy, but how many modification parts do you need for it to be fast and reliable?

It just goes against the whole idea of F1 being a cheap, simple and great looking form of racing. And because the FGX was allowed at some clubs, you now need a 190mm kit to make your F104 competitive.

Do we really need another touring car class?????

Just my 2c
Mike
The FGX isnt that great of a car,so there is really no need to ban it. Its natural selection so we dont ban it or any other F1 2WD chassis with inboard suspension.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20

This is my custom paint job on my F104. Simple and something I think you could see on a real F1.

I have a brand new F60 body set that I have not decided how I am going to paint. I was thinking a very true to scale Red Bull but I might just do another custom paint scheme.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

If a width rule were strictly enforced and wasn't changed then manufacturers would stop making cars that dont fit the bill for the most part. People would be less likely to buy a car if they werent able to race it anywhere, leading manufacturers to produce cars that would actually sell and be raced. Look what happened with the serpent when it had nowhere to run.

I dont agree with banning the FGX. Its an interesting car. But from what I've read its made of glass unless you replace over half of it. I think the proper thing to do would be to make it run with the 200mm cars. As it didnt fit the 180mm and under rule. But it does fit the 200mm and under rule.

But the rule has already been changed. So the problem no one wanted has already been started.

ANY paint scheme COULD happen on an F1 car. There is no rule in real F1 that says your car must be painted this way or that. Just like there should be no rule in RC F1. Realistic paint schemes should be encouraged sure. The realism is a big draw to F1. But I sure as hell wouldnt pay someone $175-200 for an RC car body if I couldnt paint it myself. My last F1 body cost me over $100 when it was all done. I'm okay with that because I enjoy doing them. I've always enjoyed doing models as well. But you cant force someone who may not have the skills or patience to spend that kind of money to have someone do it. That will destroy the class and drive people away.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

First of all cheap racing died with the bolink legends. If you want to be competitive in ANY class its going to cost you. Second if you want a cheap class why are you running f1? Open wheels means more broken parts. More broken parts means more $$$$$$. Third the fgx is fragile and does require work to make it right. I did the rabbit conversion to mine to make it durable. I am not the fastest car on the track either. I Chase a f104 and a f109.

If we are going to ban cars based on cost I guess anything exotek is out as well as tamiyas pro versions. Bet the new serpent isn't going to be cheap either. Can't add any upgrades either. Chassis won't be cheap anymore with all of that aluminium.

Come on and be serious for a minute. The independent suspensions a great idea and is only advancing the technology. The straight axle, while dependable has been around for years. Why not try something new.

Sorry for the rant but the lets ban this car bs really gets me going. The car isn't any more expensive then all of the high end cars we all drool over when someone brings one out. Be glad you have the fgx and others to race against. Start banning cars and you will be the only one on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.