R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Clutch bearings for 8T
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 AM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

avid revolutions are the best bang for your buck bearings on the market!!!! if you want more life out of them try this method , using your heat gun , lay the bearings on your pit towel rubber side down , heat up the bearing for about 15-20 seconds to melt the lithium grease out and while it is still hot drop 2 or 3 drops of a synthetic gear oil !!! this is the best method i have found to make clutch bell bearings last after 7 years of nitro racing , i have been doing it for about 2 years and cut the cost of clutch bell bearings by 75% !!!! seriously!! i re-oil the bearings after 30 -45 minutes of run time on the bearings and have used 1 set of bearings for 6 hours of run time with a three shoe aluminum kyosho clutch with 1.0 springs !!! unheard of . I ran the losi buggy for about 2 gallons and found this method to work great with the same kind of bearings ( inboard bearing size is 5mmx13mm ) and the same treatment as above
hope this helps,
Monty

and by the way , the losi buggy is no where near a kyosho buggy in performance !!!! the losi is all tricked out and sitting on my pit shelf !!!! wanna buy it ???