R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BSR Racing M.RAGE mini
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 08:11 PM
WagwanBumba
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyranosaur
Well, I have over a hundred Shelf queens, so not running a car is not an issue- Rather have it scratch-free. And buying a whole other car makes no sense to me- break 1 left front arm & then another later that week, and it's Square 1 all over again. Remember, my Girl has never really driven an RC car, and if she's all worried that a hit with take the car out of the running for an extended period, well.....Might as well have bought a New Bright! (Wait, I think they sell parts for those......)

No matter what, Hobby King does not value my long-term business by not having parts support, period. Really, they should have made a note on the product page that it was an older car and was being phased out, or whatever, before accepting my cash. To give them MORE money for another car is just throwing good money after bad, as they say, Once bitten & all. There are chaps who will put up with that, and that's cool if the car does as well as I've read and you're way into it: But I'm older, have plenty of discretionary income but not a lot of time to waste not driving, and will not put up with BS like this when there are so many competitors available. I imagine I could find an A-arm for an Associated or Traxxas buggy 25 years from now, no prob, as opposed to not being able to get one the same month I build the friggin' car!

As stated, making some for myself from Aluminum or Delrin is an option but, like buying another car, something I should not have to do. They'll have nice paint and stay 100% brand new on the shelf, but I'm done dicking around with this henhouse crap. Chris REC
Check m-racing uk - they have arms listed as in stock. Hobbyking gets stock of MRage stuff in all the time. It's not out of production at all but I'm sure when they do come in stock, they do sell out fast - I suspect that m-racing uk are buying their stock from Hobbyking.

Also for the large companies and difficulty finding parts - you get the same problem. Try finding diff outdrives for a TA04.

The car is silly cheap for it to be a shelf queen. You'd spend more money on one of those New Bright cars! These are toys, remotely collectible. If you or your girlfriend is worried about totalling the car, dial down the speed until comfortable and then work your way up. It what I did when I passed the radio to my gf - set the throttle EPA to 70%, it's slow enough that you weren't going to break anything and as she got more comfortable up and away you go until 100%.