R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 07:03 AM
hacker07
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Why do you feel this way? Based on what exactly other than what you've been told?

I agree they are nice shocks quality wise, but in my personally opinion they do blow out at the bottom rather quickly, especially if you have a few rough hits.
These shock sizes where intended for a lighter vehicle like the 1/10 buggies and stadium trucks. This is most likely why Tekno went with 1/8 size shocks as their stock size after having plenty of time to look at the others with weight and durability in mind.
With that being said, do I think the pros need larger shocks and have any issues with the regular ones on highly groomed tracks? Nope... But do I see the need for a lot of rougher tracks and those who don't want to constantly rebuild them... Yes, and it's more than obvious the more I talk to people.
I am really surprised that there isn't a 1/8 conversion from losi yet.
"Are you listening Losi?"
As soon as I have the extra funds to throw at it, I plan to buy a set intended for the 8ight. There are already people who are doing this and many are speaking very highly of them once they do.
Here is a link>
8ight shock conversion thread
Well, in regards to o-rings, the shocks shouldn't leak or "blow out the bottom" as you say. When we retooled a number of the parts, the shock o-rings were one of the items. Users used to say the o-rings were tight so we tried loosening them up. Well, all of the cavities were not perfect and so some kits got some that may have been a little loose on the newest kits. Customer service has new o-rings for those of you that feel you may be in this grouping.

As for the size of shock and is Losi listening. We are always listening. However, we have a difference of opinion. Many that run the other truck feel there is no reason for 8th scale sized shock on a 6 pound vehicle. Those that converted the other truck over to 12mm shocks like that truck even better. Center of gravity is a big thing with short course trucks. We prefer the smaller shocks as it keep our center of gravity lower than theirs. I get baffled when just because someone else does something, it must be right is the mentality. TLR also has an extra 25 years of experience over that other company. And our truck has 3 national titles as well.

I do think our shock on the SCTE could be better. That shock came from an RTR and has been upgraded over time and its good, but could be better. We are working on things in that department.