Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dominus 10TR - issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 09:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Dominus 10TR - issues

So I am no RC guy by any stretch but was recently gifted a dominus 10TR. I have a race track near my home and have even visited and had a great time with the car. Recently I took it out to run around the neighborhood and I got problems. When I power it up I get the beeps, the remote works and turning works. When I hit the trigger it will go like 2 feet, beep three times, and stop. If I throttle it lightly it will move but at a very slow pace. When the car is simply sitting there I can hear a slight buzz from the inside. At times when I hit the throttle it will take off at like full speed for about 3 seconds and then it will travel at a slow speed for as long as I keep holding throttle. If I remove throttle I can do this again. (full speed for about three seconds.
What have I done?
I have went through the manual over and over again, and there is really nothing about this particular activity.
I have combed the internets to see if anyone else has had this problem.
I have ensured that the batteries for the car and controller are fully charged.
I have rebinded the controller to the car.
Perhaps someone out there with more knowledge than I can recognize these symptoms, At this point I am really scratching the old noggin.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by n0rr15
So I am no RC guy by any stretch but was recently gifted a dominus 10TR. I have a race track near my home and have even visited and had a great time with the car. Recently I took it out to run around the neighborhood and I got problems. When I power it up I get the beeps, the remote works and turning works. When I hit the trigger it will go like 2 feet, beep three times, and stop. If I throttle it lightly it will move but at a very slow pace. When the car is simply sitting there I can hear a slight buzz from the inside. At times when I hit the throttle it will take off at like full speed for about 3 seconds and then it will travel at a slow speed for as long as I keep holding throttle. If I remove throttle I can do this again. (full speed for about three seconds.
What have I done?
I have went through the manual over and over again, and there is really nothing about this particular activity.
I have combed the internets to see if anyone else has had this problem.
I have ensured that the batteries for the car and controller are fully charged.
I have rebinded the controller to the car.
Perhaps someone out there with more knowledge than I can recognize these symptoms, At this point I am really scratching the old noggin.
Re-set the ESC to the TX making sure all the trims/etc. on the radio didn't get moved, not just a re-bind.
Have you tried multiple batteries in the car or just one?
Old 05-15-2018, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on "re-set the ESC?" Again I am a n00b and looking through the manual I could find no reference to this. As for other batteries I am an avid SCUBA diver and luckily I use the same batteries for my dive light as this car, so I have I was able to try more than one.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Scratch that as I have found instruction on the ESC. I will try this tonight.