Community
Wiki Posts
Search

batteries in transmitters

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up batteries in transmitters

Hi Guys--- I wish to buy a Futaba 6K and the only thing I am not happy with is it has something like 4 or5 single cell batteries and I would like to convert this to a single radio 'pack' that I am used to.I am sure someone has done this so please is it just a matter of taking out the original set of batt connectors and fitting a new lead somewhere on the circuit board for my new battery pack. I originate from New Zealand but am domiciled temporary in Thailand and the Futaba 6K is a very popular tranny here. Any help please.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Not sure about the 6K but the 4PLS and 4GRS are made for 6v and a 4-cell NiMh or an 2S LiPo is out of range. Also the shape of the battery is that well chosen that a 5 cell NiMh pack will not fit....

People are using LiFe packs (6.6v) or buy 4 NiZn batteries with a charger. Some do buy the manuals advised Futaba packs.

It seems it has already a pack?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...k.html?page=22