Wiki Posts
Search

cell ballancer

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default cell ballancer

i need aa good reliable lipo cell ballancer,that will ballance cells quickly ie high discharge @300mh or more.any suggestions
I want to charge at a high rate constant,and have a cell ballancer going at the same time.
Or charge to @95% at high rate of charge ,and then finnish ballance charging to 100%

Last edited by noddy2; 11-15-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:59 AM
Tech Rookie

There really isn't anything available that balances at anywhere near 300mAh, the best bet would be to get a cheap balance charger like Turnigy B6 PRO 50W 6A Balance Charger. But hey if you do find something, let me know, it would be handy to have.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

I'm also not aware of any external balancer with 300mA of drain capability.

One issue to be aware of with an external balancer is lack of charger control. If charging at high rates (like mentioned in your other thread) the charger can easily overwhelm the balancer. As opposed to a balancer built in to a balance charger that can slow down the charger if necessary to prevent overcharging any individual cell.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ballance charge lipos

Originally Posted by Dave H
I'm also not aware of any external balancer with 300mA of drain capability.

One issue to be aware of with an external balancer is lack of charger control. If charging at high rates (like mentioned in your other thread) the charger can easily overwhelm the balancer. As opposed to a balancer built in to a balance charger that can slow down the charger if necessary to prevent overcharging any individual cell.
Thanks very much Dave.

I plan on charging unballanced to @95% terminate ,and then ballance with another charger/ballancer.The only ones ive found go between the charger and the batt,and are only good for about 1amp charge .the best ballancers ive found are 1000ma(1amp)cell pro,
allthe rest 100ma to350ma,I charger @350ma.Hyperion @300ma.