Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Hobbywing XERUN XR8 Plus

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Honestly I wish the timing controller was adjustable and fixed. There is no simple way to dial in x * timing on an XR8 and there really should be.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bretto107
Hi, Im having a problem with the xr8 pro g2. It is brand new. The problem Im having, is that when I come down the straight and then turn, there is almost no power when I get back on the throttle. Below is what is written in the manual, and it is exactly what is happening, the rest of the track its fine. I started with the 1/8th off-road setting( I didn't check if it works properly on the stock setting), then I adjusted things from there.

5D: Turbo Decrease Rate (deg/0.1sec):After the Turbo Timing is activated and the trigger condition turns to not be met (i.e. vehicle slows down at the end of the straightaway and gets into a corner, full-throttle turns to partial throttle, the trigger condition for Turbo Timing turns to be not met), if you disable all the Turbo Timing in a moment, an obvious slow-down like braking will be felt and cause the control of the vehicle to become bad. If the ESC can disable the Turbo Timing at some “speed”, the slow-down will be linear and the control will be improved.
my xr plus would stumble. Like get confused at lower speeds. Tried multiple motors and censor wires. Maybe not what you want to hear. But mine works perfect without sensor wire. Give it a try . Good luck.
Old 08-16-2022, 01:47 AM
Tech Rookie

my local supplier in europe just told me that apparently the Xerun XR8 pro g2 is not available anymore (and the SCT but thats clear)- only the Xerun XR8 plus g2s . Do you guys know anything else about it? I mean the xr8 pro g2 was released in 2021- why would HW discontinue it already? I rather thought its a supply chain issue, since no one here in europa has it in stock!
Old 08-17-2022, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by german_racer
my local supplier in europe just told me that apparently the Xerun XR8 pro g2 is not available anymore (and the SCT but thats clear)- only the Xerun XR8 plus g2s . Do you guys know anything else about it? I mean the xr8 pro g2 was released in 2021- why would HW discontinue it already? I rather thought its a supply chain issue, since no one here in europa has it in stock!
Now I don't know if this will help you one bit but try and give Uwe from TTM Funktionsmodellbau e.k. a call on this number 0341-3918652 and have a chat with him, he may be able to help you out. Or if he gives you the same info as your local hobbyshop then you just have to get one of the new XR8 Pro G2's.
You can also look at the website for the TTM Funktionsmodellbau e.k store here.
https://www.ttm-shop.de/katalog/search?do=hobbywing

If you go to the Hobbywing website then there is an XR8 Pro G2
https://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?....0.0.0.0.0.0.0

I hope this helps you in your search for the esc you want.
Old 10-21-2022, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XR8 Pro

My friend brought me an XR8 Pro to look at as the switch needed replacing. Once I replaced the switch we noticed the fan wasn't working properly and the receiver released its magic smoke.... i measured output voltages for fan and receiver and noticed that they were 16V, the fans and receiver are rated at 6-8V so I know that this can't be right. Without a circuit diagram it's difficult to diagnose the issue, I was just wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue?

Thanks

Andy
Old 04-24-2023, 09:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Xr8 plus g2s

Anyone have any tune set ups for the xr8 plus g2s ?
cheers

Last edited by silky johnson; 04-24-2023 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone else have overheating issues with the g2s plus? Edit- my Hw motor just so happened to go bad right after the new esc and that’s the issue.

Last edited by D1Rk; 06-19-2023 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

My Son down loaded a team Hobbywing set-up sheet which gives all sorts of information. Call it up and print it. Hope it helps you guys.