Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3.rd channel Spektrum DX3S

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 04:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? 3.rd channel Spektrum DX3S

Hi, folks. Been away from this hobby quite som years now, but picked it up recently. I have a Traxxas Rustler VXL, 2wd (but thats not important in this regard).

My "problem" is connecting some lights that I bought.
I have a Spektrum DX3S transmitter, and a Spektrum SR300 reciever. I can light it up by connecting it to the Aux-port, but I just cant get my head around how to switch them on/off through the controller. Ive been trying to search online but I have a too old system to find usefull information. Ive read the manual many times, but there is no simple solution to be found. Im probably too old my self, because I would guess this to be a simple procedure?
My controller Aux-meny settings has
Ax Trim (negative or positve number)
Mix Disable or Enable (F/R enable or disable - TrH - TrL)

There is also a physical up/down button, close to the throttle

Beeing a noob, I thought this would be plug and play but its obviously not. And Im lost in how to program my controller to switch on/ off my said lights. Preferably by the physical button.

Can anyone lend me a virtual hand?

Old 12-16-2023, 01:08 AM
Tech Initiate

I have the same controller and I was under the impression it only had 2 channels, turning and throttle. I'm not sure you'd be able to get anything else working off them as that would be a third channel?
Old 12-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Tech Lord

Your lights, does it have some control box or only some wires? With only some wires you can not switch them by remote.

For switching some power you do need something that is called an RC switch.. You can find them in all kinds of versions.
Old 12-19-2023, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/..._Manual_EN.pdf

theres a section in here on page 11 that might help
Old 01-12-2024, 11:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Kapryiath
I have the same controller and I was under the impression it only had 2 channels, turning and throttle. I'm not sure you'd be able to get anything else working off them as that would be a third channel?
Sry, for a very late response 😬
I have no idea. It did have some telementry (heat and rpm sensores), but it probably dont have to be 3.chan because of that..
I did see a video of a guy connecting a second servo though and because both my controller and receiver was the same I assumed it was 3chan.

I do have a rc switch connected to the lights, but no matter my settings and button position, it just doesnt come on. If I bypass the switch, it stays on the whole time. It might of course be my switch, but still... Before I buy another one, Id like to know if my settings are accurate 😅
Old 01-12-2024, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Your problem is you need an electronic on/switch to function the lights on and off. II you plug in a servo on 3rd channel it will work. Just plugging in the lights will stay on. You can use a micro servo and a small micro switch to turn the lights on and off with a separate power supply.Apex RC Products RC Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch #9025 | eBay

Last edited by 1995 Monster T; 01-12-2024 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

I finaly got it!

Turned out it was my switch that gave me a confusion. When it didnt work the first time, I went down the rabbit whole of different settings, trying to copy someone who attached a second servo for rock climbing ( which I obviously dont have).

With settings at "neutral', flipping the Aux button Up/down the first time, apparently does nothing. But flipping it the second time, turnes on the lights. The third time makes them flash and the fourth time turnes them off...

Buying a cheap switch online without instructions, made be pay the price regardless 😬

Cheers everyone!