Search
Like Tree44Likes

New Hitec Lynx 4s Radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Areno
I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to one of your drivers. I went to a race and dropped my radio (stupid me placed it on the roof of my car and it fell off) not 10 min after arriving to the track. Well, radio didn't work. Someone approached me and asked what class I ran (Nitro truggy) he said come with me, he went to his truggy pulled out his rx and said you can use my radio (Lynx 4s). Crazy thing Is, I've never met him before. I knew who he was from Facebook and seeing him active. Anyway, bought a Lnyx 4s and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Porty (that's all I know him as) and thanks Hitec for having such good people and products.
Hey Aaron, glad I could help out. Now we need to get you some Teknos in your stable
Billy T. and ezlight like this.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Areno
I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to one of your drivers. I went to a race and dropped my radio (stupid me placed it on the roof of my car and it fell off) not 10 min after arriving to the track. Well, radio didn't work. Someone approached me and asked what class I ran (Nitro truggy) he said come with me, he went to his truggy pulled out his rx and said you can use my radio (Lynx 4s). Crazy thing Is, I've never met him before. I knew who he was from Facebook and seeing him active. Anyway, bought a Lnyx 4s and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Porty (that's all I know him as) and thanks Hitec for having such good people and products.
Awesome to hear how helpful fellow racers can be in this hobby.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by portyansky
Hey Aaron, glad I could help out. Now we need to get you some Teknos in your stable
Yes, I agree 110%. Need some tekno's in your life.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robbie_gtc
Anyone had a centering issue with their radio?

At first I thought it was a stteering servo or binding issue. But after testing o 4 different kits I have the same issue throughout.

After applying full right turn on the radio and releaseing. The steering wheel will return to centre but the servos will not. Now if I flick it quickly to the left the wheel again will centre but now also will the servo.

Again tested on 4 different kits and all have the same issue turning right.
Your steering channel may need calibrating. You will need to go in to the System menu and then into the ST Adjust menu. Once in there, all you need to do is turn the wheel to full right, then full left, and then let the wheel rest at center. press the "OK" at the bottom right of the screen and it should solve the problem.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ezlight
Yes, I agree 110%. Need some tekno's in your life.
Great Job Porty!!!
portyansky likes this.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy T.
Your steering channel may need calibrating. You will need to go in to the System menu and then into the ST Adjust menu. Once in there, all you need to do is turn the wheel to full right, then full left, and then let the wheel rest at center. press the "OK" at the bottom right of the screen and it should solve the problem.
Ok. Tried as suggested. When I first went into the ST adjust feature it read -7

After recalibrating it would read -2. After I hit ok I would go back to main screen and try the steering again and get the same steering issue. When I go back to the ST Adjust fuction it reads -7 again.

Not surr if there is any firmware updates? Or if this means I have a bad steering pot?
Old 06-07-2017, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robbie_gtc
Ok. Tried as suggested. When I first went into the ST adjust feature it read -7

After recalibrating it would read -2. After I hit ok I would go back to main screen and try the steering again and get the same steering issue. When I go back to the ST Adjust fuction it reads -7 again.

Not surr if there is any firmware updates? Or if this means I have a bad steering pot?
One more thing i would check. After doing the calibration, steer the wheel again back and forth, then go into the Servo menu which will allow you to see the travel of all of the channels, and see if you can see the offset in that menu. If so, then it could very well be a loose pot in the trigger assembly. If that is the case, the radio will need to be sent in to us for service. You can use the service request form found on our website to send the radio into our service department. HITEC RCD USA
Old 06-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

What's a good battery upgrade for the radio? I had an issue with my battery last race, and don't want to deal with that again. I want a spare.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I use the venom 2400mah 2s rx pack, fits like a champ and will run two classes for 3 heats and a main without a hiccup. The stock nimh was just too small.

TowerHobbies.com | Venom LiPo 2S 1P 7.4V 2400mAh Flat Receiver/Trans Pack
Old 06-08-2017, 05:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I cycle through two 2000mah LiPo's. Usually I aim to change batteries either at the start or finish of a day. When I miss doing that I swap out at 7.6 volts.
The only time I have ever gotten a battery warning was a full practice day at a new track with low numbers. I did 180-200 laps between 2 different cars and my TX didn't get turned off much. The 4s does seem to use more power than my last Futaba, but it is not excessive.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chipa
I cycle through two 2000mah LiPo's. Usually I aim to change batteries either at the start or finish of a day. When I miss doing that I swap out at 7.6 volts.
The only time I have ever gotten a battery warning was a full practice day at a new track with low numbers. I did 180-200 laps between 2 different cars and my TX didn't get turned off much. The 4s does seem to use more power than my last Futaba, but it is not excessive.
Another thing you can do to help increase run time on the Lynx, is to have the light time set to turn off faster. I set mine to to turn off after 5 sec of no input. Also, turning the light Light LVL down just enough so that you can still see the screen clearly will also increase battery life.
chipa likes this.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

First off I really like the radio. I've had it for about 5 months and it's great.
I've got a couple of questions. I'm using the Axial 2 receivers.
1) Have you guys had to run a glitch buster with Spektrum servos? I've got a S6270 that I really like but it will glitch around neutral. It doesn't seem to do it with other servos but this one is very fast .07.
2) Coming from the MT4 it was 70/30 throttle mode and the Hitec is defaulted to 50/50. I know how to change it to 70/30 but my esc will not calibrate when I change it. I'm using the cheaper Trackstar esc from HobbyKing. I really like those esc's so this maybe something I have to live with until I upgrade. Just wondering if any of you have encountered this problem and if you have a fix for it.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twindad98
First off I really like the radio. I've had it for about 5 months and it's great.
I've got a couple of questions. I'm using the Axial 2 receivers.
1) Have you guys had to run a glitch buster with Spektrum servos? I've got a S6270 that I really like but it will glitch around neutral. It doesn't seem to do it with other servos but this one is very fast .07.
2) Coming from the MT4 it was 70/30 throttle mode and the Hitec is defaulted to 50/50. I know how to change it to 70/30 but my esc will not calibrate when I change it. I'm using the cheaper Trackstar esc from HobbyKing. I really like those esc's so this maybe something I have to live with until I upgrade. Just wondering if any of you have encountered this problem and if you have a fix for it.
After switching to the 70/30 mode, you need to go into the TH-Adj menu and recalibrate the channel. All you have to do is pull full trigger, push full brake, and then leave it at nuetral and press "ok" and your done. Your esc will then be able to calibrate.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Is the difference (delay) from the Axion2 and the Proton4 really this huge?
I like the idea of seeing telemetry data, but not at a super high delay cost.
Thank you!
Old 07-27-2017, 04:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

It will be noticeable. It's not terrible but you'll notice.

Do you run on or off road? I find that the difference in response is much more noticeable on a carpet track vs an off road track. Offroad it's honestly negligible and will take you a couple of laps to get used to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.