Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Turnigy TrackStar ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
If possible try it with a different radio its probably interference with the old spektrum module.
Thanks for the suggestion, I went through the transmitter settings and moved everythig back to default and the glitch has gone
Old 04-19-2015, 05:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Location: South Coast RC Ministry of Propaganda, Dorset, England

I love the 120A Turbo Gen1 ESC and have them in all my 1/10th buggies (3 in all).

However, at the track on Wednesday this kept happening (watch it take longer than usual to arm between 0:20 and 0:30), every so often you switch on the ESC and there's no power to the motor, and/or it takes longer to arm. It was worse at the track, the Youtube vid was shot for a warranty claim and I had to film it about 4 times before it would agree to malfunction. It also seemed to dislike having some of its settings changed, this seemed to make it malfunction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCZxR-pDweU

The ESC and Speed Passion motor were brand new on the day in question and worked perfectly when I tested the car outside my house after installation, but like I say at the track by the time I ran 2 packs through it the car became unusable. ESC has now been returned to HK's UK Warehouse for a warranty claim, just wondred if anyone else had had this problem.

Last edited by HOTSHOT III; 04-19-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Has anyone had trouble with the 120a turbo with a Novak ballistic motor? Abc wire are correct order but it's acting like they're not.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kbmoss
Has anyone had trouble with the 120a turbo with a Novak ballistic motor? Abc wire are correct order but it's acting like they're not.
Try reversing C and A motor wires.some motors wire differently
Old 05-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

does anyone know if the turnigy 2 in 1 box works on the turbo?
Old 05-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
does anyone know if the turnigy 2 in 1 box works on the turbo?
It doesn't, only the turbo box works.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Having trouble calibrating 80A - please help

I followed all the calibrating steps but after calibrating "full throttle" I press the set button to calibrate "full reverse" and the light never stops blinking. I have tried waiting in case it had a delay. It never goes to the solid red light. If I press reverse the red light will come on so I know that it's communicating with my controller. Steering is communicating fine. Any idea if it's a faulty unit or is there something I'm missing? Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeamPiglet
I followed all the calibrating steps but after calibrating "full throttle" I press the set button to calibrate "full reverse" and the light never stops blinking. I have tried waiting in case it had a delay. It never goes to the solid red light. If I press reverse the red light will come on so I know that it's communicating with my controller. Steering is communicating fine. Any idea if it's a faulty unit or is there something I'm missing? Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Make sure your end points on the brake and throttle are at 100% before calibration. Had the same thing happen to me with my kids car. Would never set on the brake because it was to low.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamPiglet
1 out of my 4 was like this as well. Right out of the box. Double checked everthing....then triple checked.
still no dice. although I don't have money to burn....it's a goner and in the trash. For the price....you win some you lose some. The others are all great.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by itsjusme
Make sure your end points on the brake and throttle are at 100% before calibration. Had the same thing happen to me with my kids car. Would never set on the brake because it was to low.
Thanks guys. I looked and the trim was all the way up. I tried to press the forward throttle at the point where it just keeps blinking, and like when I was pressing reverse, the light turns red. This time however I actually had throttle control just no reverse. After pressing throttle and letting go for a few seconds it seemed fine. Then played with it again for about 30 seconds going through half throttle .. Full throttle ... Brake... Then let it sit... Thought I at least figured out how to set it up for forward brake only then... It goes all kamazi so that won't work... Hopefully the next one won't be like this. I really want to race this thing next week. Thanks again guys
Old 07-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

my 2 cents...Picked up both the 120a turbo ESC and the 120a Gen2 short course ESC. The Turbo is in my B5m and doing ok. Pretty smooth, no issues, with a trackstar 9.5t. The SC ESC though crapped out on the 2nd time out. Just started to smoke. I tried 3 different motors/sensor wires and made a video of each. I filed a claim with Hobbyking. I gave them youtube links to the videos and they gave me full credit and said keep the faulty one. I sold it for like $35 for parts/repair. Disappointed but HK customer service stepped up. Went with an SCT Pro (new) which I got on here for $75. I think I'll continue to buy trackstar motors but not the ESCs..
Old 07-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HOTSHOT III
I love the 120A Turbo Gen1 ESC and have them in all my 1/10th buggies (3 in all).

However, at the track on Wednesday this kept happening (watch it take longer than usual to arm between 0:20 and 0:30), every so often you switch on the ESC and there's no power to the motor, and/or it takes longer to arm. It was worse at the track, the Youtube vid was shot for a warranty claim and I had to film it about 4 times before it would agree to malfunction. It also seemed to dislike having some of its settings changed, this seemed to make it malfunction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCZxR-pDweU

The ESC and Speed Passion motor were brand new on the day in question and worked perfectly when I tested the car outside my house after installation, but like I say at the track by the time I ran 2 packs through it the car became unusable. ESC has now been returned to HK's UK Warehouse for a warranty claim, just wondred if anyone else had had this problem.
I had the same problem, replaced sensor cable, problem solved. Funnily enough, with no sensor cable it would arm ok, but run terribly, put the original sensor cable in and arming was intermittent, put in new cable, no worries. Kind of odd but problem solved.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi.I have a problem with trackstar esc 80A, I canīt programing esc with my tx GTX3 2,4 GHz. The 3 esc leds is flasing all the time .Itīs necessary the card programing??? Any idea???
Old 07-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tabo
Hi.I have a problem with trackstar esc 80A, I canīt programing esc with my tx GTX3 2,4 GHz. The 3 esc leds is flasing all the time .Itīs necessary the card programing??? Any idea???
If you have a red Trackstar Turbo model, I think they flash 3 leds when there is no sensor wire connection.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:57 PM
JDe
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just A quick positive review on the 120a Trackstar. I've been using it in my 17.5 2wd buggy (also a trackstar motor which is an animal!) and have had great success. I did have some reservations at the beginning but not completely convinced and would not buy anything else. Runs cool, programming is awesome and not a single issue with anything. A heap of guys at the track are supprised at how well it all goes, most people are almost disappointed how well it goes compared to their very overpriced gear.

10/10, would do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.