Search

What vehicle for this novak brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default What vehicle for this novak brushless system

Hey Everybody,

I will be trading some rc stuff for a novak hv maxx pro esc with a 6.5t 3400 kv motor. I know these systems are mainly used in 1/10 scale short course truck. I will be converting a lst2 to brushless soon but i doubt this system will work in that power wise. Anybody else have any ideas on cars i can put this system in?
Old 03-28-2013, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default hv max

NO, that's normally an emaxx, savage system. HV stands for high voltage, 4s. In my neck of the woods, SC4X is 2s only indoors. If you were going to run the truck on 2s, you could take a good 2s esc to run a 550,4.5 or 5.5. I have 2 of the HVmaxx systems and on low voltage they're good for crawling, but no speed all torque. 14.8 is they're game,2x2s one on either side of the truck.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default hv maxx

For an LST2 system, you'd be better off with a Castle Monster or a Tekin RX8, so you can run either 4s or 6s. I have run the Hobbywing 150A on 6s in a truggy till they wouldn't allow it at the track anymore. It was so fast you were off track all the time, but man was it fun. I run the 2000kv Tekin truggy motor now on 4s, the pack doesn't last as long but it flys. Novak ran his system on 5s for a demo, but I don't feel it will take it long. It's great for 4s and sensored is the only way for racing( CONTROL) being the name of the game
Old 03-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah true I etheir will just throw the system in the lst2 for fun(lst2 is a basher, I have a aftershock converted to lst2 for racing) that or just sell the system.