Wiki Posts
Search

Rx8/Pro4 4600/battery issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Rx8/Pro4 4600/battery issue

Ok guys I have a question. I have a Losi Ten SCTE with Tekin RX8 and Pro4 4600 motor. Also run the castle external bec 10 amp set to 6 amps to power the Savox 1258tg servo. My problem is my friend borrowed the truck this weekend to race it and halfway through the race one of the battery leads came I soldered where it plugs into the Esc (the lead on the battery not the Esc). He said the motor was pretty hot as was the battery and I am wondering what could have caused this? If the motor was too hot I'd think a motor wire would have come unsoldered, and if the Esc was too hot that something on the Esc would have unsoldered. Just seems weird that the battery lead came unsoldered where it connects to the Esc lead. The only thing I noticed was that the sensor wire was unplugged on the motor. Could that have something to do with it? He was using a venom 2 cell 5000 mah 40c lipo. Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Batteries of a lower C rating and/or quality in what is really one of the only 1/10th applications that can use a higher C rating tend to make everything run hotter. I've even seen the bullet connectors start to burn and turn black where they go into the batteries in the SCTE before. Try a pack with at least a 50C rating and a burst rate double that and I'd bet everything should return to closer to normal.