Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best radio out there??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ive had my 4PKS for almost a year now and love it. I've not had one issue with it. Ultra fast response and feels great in the hand. The problems Ive heard the 4pK had is non exisistant wih the 4PKS. My previous radio was the DX3S and that thing was a piece of ish. The steering spring poped off and then lost its tension. It would losse signal at times. One of the rx went bad and my car took off and snapped a rod. Every problem imaginable I had with that radio. I've seen and heard bad things about the dx3r too.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have used the dx3r for i wanna say about 3 years now and it still works fine,i dont really need range since im only on the track and i have more than enough there anyways,response seems fine with me even though i use dsm and dsm2 recievers. I got it for a good deal and until i have serious problems, i will look into either airtronics,radiopost or futaba but for now spektrum has been fine for me
Old 07-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a 4pks and just bought a eurus ex-10. The 4pks has a phenomenal menu, fast, reliable and is the standard at which I compare radios. I love my 4pks, and am only switching to the ko because I love the way it feels. The feel of a ko, with the menu of a 4pks and I would have my perfect radio.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Coming from a 4PK then into a Radiopost I feel its much better. If you ever get a chance feel a RP radio very confortable and fast. I bought this radio then I got sponsored its price isnt expensive they have combo deals with a case. Guess what Im saying pick one up if you have a chance I never thought I would sell my Futaba but after I holding a RP I had one the following week. Since I bought their have been a few new users at my track this was after holding mine
+1. Exact scenario for me. There is a great representation of all radio types at my track. RP has been great.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I feel like I am so far behind the times now. Im still using a KO Helios with the Spektrum system in it. I absolutely love the feel of the Helios transmitter but must admit lately I have been feeling like its response is slow compared to all the new stuff.

Whoever said to try out how some of the radios feel first before buying one is absolutely correct. The most important thing is the feel of the radio.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

+1. The best radio out there is the one you feel best with.

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Whoever said to try out how some of the radios feel first before buying one is absolutely correct. The most important thing is the feel of the radio.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys! I was checking on great hobbies and it seems airtronics are discontinued .. And ko are way to expensive lol so I'm looking at the futaba 4pl with a receiver for 239$ anyone got a 4pl ? Are they half decent for race/bash?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

KO has been great. Not expensive from my experience. Loved my Airtronics as well. Both are great. Can switch from one to anther any day. Even can switch to JR R1 and kick butt. Maybe I adapt faster I don't know.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ofnaracer247
Thanks guys! I was checking on great hobbies and it seems airtronics are discontinued .. And ko are way to expensive lol so I'm looking at the futaba 4pl with a receiver for 239$ anyone got a 4pl ? Are they half decent for race/bash?
Its a good radio. Not the best, but a solid performer.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
KO here. Every KO product I run outperforms the competition.
So when you have to Electronically reset the radio Every time you turn it off and On....Would that be considered a Performance advantage ?

Sorry had to buddy, A Local down in MN had this issue this past weekend and Found it a little strange. Supposedly by the end of the weekend the issue was gone.