Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin rs inop after 212 update?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tekin rs inop after 212 update?????

Ok so I was running at test and tune today all working great then found out that we have to have speedo in blinky mode for my class so we hooked esc up to track computer via hotwire performed update to 212 software , hooked up to rx, powered on, calibrate throttle, NOTHING all LEDs function fine it is in blinky mode, shows neutral brake throttle everything works except the motor lol....also no tones during initializing when turned on. Tried to reset same thing, tried new sensor harness and motor same thing, all looks normal no fault LEDs just won't go any help here please I am afraid to do my rs pro and have the same thing happen...... HELP
Old 10-02-2011, 08:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by calvord
Ok so I was running at test and tune today all working great then found out that we have to have speedo in blinky mode for my class so we hooked esc up to track computer via hotwire performed update to 212 software , hooked up to rx, powered on, calibrate throttle, NOTHING all LEDs function fine it is in blinky mode, shows neutral brake throttle everything works except the motor lol....also no tones during initializing when turned on. Tried to reset same thing, tried new sensor harness and motor same thing, all looks normal no fault LEDs just won't go any help here please I am afraid to do my rs pro and have the same thing happen...... HELP
I would delete the existing file, and re-download a new version of 212 from the tekin site, sometimes the files get corrupted. I have had a similar issue before, and that worked for me..
Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

it worked then you loaded then it didn't. check your receiver plug you might have plugged it in backwards.
reload 212 off the tekin site.
press both buttons at the same time to re set the speed control. if all else fails call tekin and send it in to get fixed. there service is great.

Good luck
Old 11-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

hey im having the same problem how did you fix it?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)
Default same

Same thing here only mine ran fine on 2s with tekin 4.5 motor . When I installed the 17.5 with 1s and booster on blinky mode it stopped chirping. All the lights work it calibrates to my radio just won't go.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
I would delete the existing file, and re-download a new version of 212 from the tekin site, sometimes the files get corrupted. I have had a similar issue before, and that worked for me..
+1

Also make sure you haven't somehow got it in brushed mode and or dual mode. I believe blinky will only work in sensored only mode. Good Luck
Old 11-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by llaves
Same thing here only mine ran fine on 2s with tekin 4.5 motor . When I installed the 17.5 with 1s and booster on blinky mode it stopped chirping. All the lights work it calibrates to my radio just won't go.
I would try it with a 2s LiFe receiver pack, I've never had good luck with boosters. Also make sure to check the 1s box in the HotWire.