Wiki Posts
Search

Venom Pro charger plus Vs Triton Eq Charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default Venom Pro charger plus Vs Triton Eq Charger

I have 2 chargers sitting here that my friend gave me since he's not into Rc anymore. I would like to know which one you guys think is better? Im going to be using it to charger my Reedy 2000 lipo and my starter box Turnigy 3000mAh 4S 20C Lipo Pack. Im going to give my brother the charger i dont choose.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

IMO, the venom... It will charge 8stack lipo and charge at 7 amps. But again, you have to have a power supply. It will give you more option if you ever decide to get bigger batteries

If you dont have a power supply, stick with the Triton EQ.

Both chargers will fit your needs
Old 03-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

It has the power suppy the charger comes with if thats what you mean.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Venom then...
Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Those are both 50watt chargers with 5amps max charge rate. The Triton has 63watts operating on DC while the Venom is unchanged. The triton has more 'standard' type balance connectors - Venom uses their own which you'll have to find if you lipo balance conn is diff that what it comes with.

Either charger is a decent charger, use both and see which menu setup you prefer....

As long as the venom charger is the Pro and not the Ultimate, its a toss up unless you're going to run it much using DC where the EQ has more power.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Those are both 50watt chargers with 5amps max charge rate. The Triton has 63watts operating on DC while the Venom is unchanged. The triton has more 'standard' type balance connectors - Venom uses their own which you'll have to find if you lipo balance conn is diff that what it comes with.

Either charger is a decent charger, use both and see which menu setup you prefer....

As long as the venom charger is the Pro and not the Ultimate, its a toss up unless you're going to run it much using DC where the EQ has more power.
I though the venom pro charger plus would go up to 7amp. What do you mean by ( As long as the venom charger is the Pro and not the Ultimate )? Isnt the Venom pro charger plus the last one that came out with more feathers? Here is a link of the chargers i have.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-Charger-Plus

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...arger-Balancer

Last edited by ajp165; 03-23-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Lord

You're right, I hadn't noticed Venom has upgraded that charger making it capable of max 7amps and up to 8S.

FWIW, this is the Venom Ultimate - its a 200watt, 10amp DC charger -

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0665
Old 03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Duster_360
You're right, I hadn't noticed Venom has upgraded that charger making it capable of max 7amps and up to 8S.

FWIW, this is the Venom Ultimate - its a 200watt, 10amp DC charger -

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0665

Yea its been out for a while now. So know that you know which venom charger i talking about.... Which one is better between the Venom pro charger plus vs the Triton Eq? Which one chargest faster if there any such thing on that, And other things one can do then the other?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Lord

The 7amps is an advantage if you run lipos with capacities greater than 5000mah. It will let you charge a 5000mah lipo thats capable of 2C charging (or greater) at 1.4C so it would be faster than the EQ. The only thing that affects lipo charging time is the charge rate. The lipo has to be rated for higher than 1C charging and charger has to have a high enough max charge rate and output power to take advantage of the higher charging C rate.

The EQ is limited to 5amps.

I just found the manual and they list the Plus as a 150watt charger - game over, it has 3x the power of the EQ. It also has storage mode and fast charge modes. The one I'd keep is the Pro Plus charger. This is the higher charger output I've seen on AC.

http://www.venom-group.com//mmVENOMG...s%20manual.pdf