Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DX3R PRO 3CH DSM2 Racing System by Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Wraps

Who are some of the suppliers for the wraps for this radio?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

As far as I know upgrade is the only one right now. I just picked up my dx3r pro today.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

417 I have no awnser for you but, was reading your other thread. ME NO UNDERSTAND-ME THINK FEATURE BAD-ME THINK ONLY FOR NEWB!! I was gonna add a caveman grunting sound but not sure how to spell that.

I dont have the pro yet but will most likely upgrade my beat R soon & would like to know the awnser to your question.So if you get a awnser other than what we see here please post.

Idle up sounds like a more civilized way to walk around & up the drivers stand when you cant see, feel,or hear your motor above all the other drivers repeatedly mashing their throttle. Though repeatedly mashing my throttle as I walk up the stand has work for me so far.

Now speaking of mashing throttle fingers: I would like some info from those that HAD the R & now have the PRO. I have used the R for a long time & tried a few mods like grip wrap & trigger wrap & even heating & bending the trigger to eliminate my once every so often problem of going from full throttle at the end of the straight to mashing full brake & having my finger slip out of the trigger & straight into the wall we go. I am sure it has to do with the way I hold the radio but that cant be changed & I know I am not the only one this happens to as I have seen it with my own eyes.

My question is has any body who has done this been able to pretty much eliminate it changing the included grips or because the drop down changes the way you hold the radio?
Old 03-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys.

I'm racing with 1/5 onroad cars, and i can't find where i adjust the front and rear brakes independly, i am using the mix mode with the aux as the slave, and the throttle as the master, but when i want to adjust the rear brakes a little down, the front brakes also goes down, is there any way i can change that?

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Here is my DX3R PRO with the upgrade skin also has a dynamite wheel
Attached Thumbnails DX3R PRO 3CH DSM2 Racing System by Spektrum-2011-03-06-15.58.15.jpg   DX3R PRO 3CH DSM2 Racing System by Spektrum-2011-03-06-15.57.47.jpg  
Old 03-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeppesen
Hi guys.

I'm racing with 1/5 onroad cars, and i can't find where i adjust the front and rear brakes independly, i am using the mix mode with the aux as the slave, and the throttle as the master, but when i want to adjust the rear brakes a little down, the front brakes also goes down, is there any way i can change that?

Thanks.
I dont think that is a feature to change the front and rear brake bias independently. you might have to adjust that on the car itself.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

What is the cheapest price for dx3r pro now?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickertrf
What is the cheapest price for dx3r pro now?
No clue what the online pricing is, but my LHS sold me the DX3R Pro for $255.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ntrain42
That really good price. @ Amain selling for $339 + shipping.
Any1 know any online shop selling it for a good price?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the best price I have found is at ampdraw. Im looking to get a new controller, but I still havent decided what radio to get for myself. its going to be either the dx3r pro or the airtronics mt-4. Im going to RCX this weekend, so Im going to decide after then.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default DX3R PRO PROBLEMS

I have had my DX3R PRO for nearly 2 weeks now. I have programmed Model 01 into the unit and attended one racing event with no problems. I love the transmitter. I tried to program a second model into the transmitter, Model 02 and during the naming of the model there was this constiant beeping. I attempted to bind the second model to my baja and it was a successful bind. The baja works (functions wise), but the transmitter still has the constiant beeping sound in model 02. When I switch back to the model 01, the beep goes away.

I was on hold for 4 hours for Horrizon Hobbies to get this problem worked out. They told me that they have never heard anything like this. They took a unit off the shelve and tried to get it to duplicate the problem, but nothing happened. They told me to send it back to them for repair or replacement, but I need to race this weekend, so it would be later. Another problem is that we have one in the shop as a demo and it does the exact same thing. Another one of our customers has the same thing happing to his DX3R PRO radio system too and none of us can get an answer.

Has anyone else had this happen? How to fix the probelm? My radio has just over 1 hour of usage on it.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jeppesen
Hi guys.

Thanks.
Did you try changing the mix percentage?
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ochitone
I have had my DX3R PRO for nearly 2 weeks now. I have programmed Model 01 into the unit and attended one racing event with no problems. I love the transmitter. I tried to program a second model into the transmitter, Model 02 and during the naming of the model there was this constiant beeping. I attempted to bind the second model to my baja and it was a successful bind. The baja works (functions wise), but the transmitter still has the constiant beeping sound in model 02. When I switch back to the model 01, the beep goes away.

I was on hold for 4 hours for Horrizon Hobbies to get this problem worked out. They told me that they have never heard anything like this. They took a unit off the shelve and tried to get it to duplicate the problem, but nothing happened. They told me to send it back to them for repair or replacement, but I need to race this weekend, so it would be later. Another problem is that we have one in the shop as a demo and it does the exact same thing. Another one of our customers has the same thing happing to his DX3R PRO radio system too and none of us can get an answer.

Has anyone else had this happen? How to fix the probelm? My radio has just over 1 hour of usage on it.
It's annoying but there is nothing wrong and it's not covered in the manual and the Horizon techs say to send in everything.

First the beeping is to tell you that there is no bound rx on that model setting. This is what I do, first turn off the beeping by going into system/alerts and turn tx off. Now it doesn't beep. Next bind the rx and turn off the tx then rx, unplug the bind plug. Turn on the tx then the model, you can turn on the tx alert now and it should be quiet. If not then you may need to repeat the bind process.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
id buy one for that in a heart beat.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Alert noise

Originally Posted by AreCee
It's annoying but there is nothing wrong and it's not covered in the manual and the Horizon techs say to send in everything.

First the beeping is to tell you that there is no bound rx on that model setting. This is what I do, first turn off the beeping by going into system/alerts and turn tx off. Now it doesn't beep. Next bind the rx and turn off the tx then rx, unplug the bind plug. Turn on the tx then the model, you can turn on the tx alert now and it should be quiet. If not then you may need to repeat the bind process.
Mine did the same thing with the noise. Go to system then alerts and shut that down. Noise gone. Transmitter works great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.