Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless ESC wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)
Default Brushless ESC wiring question

I'm trying to decide what direction to go. I have a novak SS ESC with a novak 5800 BL motor. I also have a 13.5 DUO2 brushless motor. I'm looking to run 2 cars and I'm trying to decide if I should just invest in a second esc or can I use the esc with both motors.

If I can run both with the esc, how should I go about wiring it? Use bullet connectors? 2 deans (one empty)?

Or should I suck it up and just invest in another esc?

I'm old in the RC hobby, new to brushless so I'm looking for some of the guru's on here's knowledge.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

3.5mm bullets are excellent for running multiple cars on a budget. I have used the method you mentioned with Deans before also, but it just doesnt look very nice, works just fine.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

If you are club racing then I would buy a second ESC so when you need to do repairs and prep 2 cars for the next round, there will be no time to chainge a ESC. Also for every conector you install, there is more resistence and another week point added to the wirering. If you are just playing then time dosn't matter and you could chainge the ESC.