Search
Like Tree233Likes

Radiomaster MT12

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chof
Sorry, English is not my native language, so I wrote the text using "Google automatic translation". Please point out the incorrect usage of words.

Aside from that, using Gitpod makes it very easy to modify code. Including that, I'm planning to post OLED mods on my blog, but unfortunately my PC is currently broken and I can't work on them properly.
I plan to post it within the next few days, so please wait until then. How about learning about Gitpod in the meantime?
ok thank you!
Old 01-22-2024, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tomillia
Something seems to be off either with your methodology of testing or the one condac used in This Thread (Radio Benchmark program and results).
It shows hugely different results than your findings. It shows an average latency of 4.1 ms with a standard deviation of 0.730 ms. And this results are from the Sanwa M12 NOT M12S or even the Sanwa M17.
i dont think i can tell much difference in radios as for as latency on my home track. i have spectrum, team associated, duratrax rtr radios and flysky gt3c, sanwa mx-6 and they all feel the same to me as for as latency. but i can definitely tell a difference in servos. i think on low traction tracks like mine its not going to matter much. if i was Ryan Maifield then i could probably use my flysky gt3c and beat most people with a sanwa m17.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jhue73
ok thank you!
I posted the process of MT12 OLED_mod on my blog. Please take a look if you are interested. I don't think you can read the text, but I think you can understand what I'm doing just by looking at the photos and pictures.

h ttp://sybrand.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-393.html
h ttp://sybrand.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-394.html
h ttp://sybrand.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-395.html

I have attached the MT12 OLED version firmware that I am using, but I recommend that you self-build it using Gitpod.
(Please remove ".txt" at the end of the file name)
Attached Files
File Type: txt
MT12oled240122.bin.txt (507.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-23-2024, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

i dont think i can tell much difference in radios as for as latency on my home track. i have spectrum, team associated, duratrax rtr radios and flysky gt3c, sanwa mx-6 and they all feel the same to me as for as latency. but i can definitely tell a difference in servos. i think on low traction tracks like mine its not going to matter much. if i was Ryan Maifield then i could probably use my flysky gt3c and beat most people with a sanwa m17.
You do mention all low spec radio's... You will feel a difference if you take a radio with a faster response.
Difference in servo's.... Of course you will notice a difference between a 0.15 sec and a 0.06 sec servo. Also the low budget 15 dollar Amazon servo's have a huge latency apart from the slow speed.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-23-2024, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roelof
You do mention all low spec radio's... You will feel a difference if you take a radio with a faster response.
Difference in servo's.... Of course you will notice a difference between a 0.15 sec and a 0.06 sec servo. Also the low budget 15 dollar Amazon servo's have a huge latency apart from the slow speed.
servos make the most difference radios the least. even low spec traxxas radios have pretty decent latency according to some youtube videos. i dont think going from 20ms to 5ms is going to matter much especially when you get 50 like me..lol. i just race at home with friends and grandkids so not gonna spend 500 on a radio to get 15ms faster.
Old 01-23-2024, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chof
I posted the process of MT12 OLED_mod on my blog. Please take a look if you are interested. I don't think you can read the text, but I think you can understand what I'm doing just by looking at the photos and pictures.

h ttp://sybrand.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-393.html
h ttp://sybrand.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-394.html
h ttp://sybrand.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-395.html

I have attached the MT12 OLED version firmware that I am using, but I recommend that you self-build it using Gitpod.
(Please remove ".txt" at the end of the file name)
ok thank you!
Old 01-23-2024, 11:38 PM
Tech Lord

servos make the most difference radios the least. even low spec traxxas radios have pretty decent latency according to some youtube videos. i dont think going from 20ms to 5ms is going to matter much especially when you get 50 like me..lol. i just race at home with friends and grandkids so not gonna spend 500 on a radio to get 15ms faster.
It all comes in the total package. With bashing on some large surface you will not notice a thing, racing high speed cars on a tight track you will notice any improvement of the car, servp and transmitter.The freamerate latency is the worse. With a frame of 20msec you do not have a steady 20msec but a variable 0-20msec. That can make you to get the apex right, fly over the dot or crash into the outside barrier. There is no building up of a rithm to drive with but more like a continuous correction.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

It all comes in the total package. With bashing on some large surface you will not notice a thing, racing high speed cars on a tight track you will notice any improvement of the car, servp and transmitter.The freamerate latency is the worse. With a frame of 20msec you do not have a steady 20msec but a variable 0-20msec. That can make you to get the apex right, fly over the dot or crash into the outside barrier. There is no building up of a rithm to drive with but more like a continuous correction.
trust me you wont know much of a difference on loose dirt. my track is not some carpet track or glued clay thats like pavement. it takes tons of throttle control on my tight loose track and i do get in a rhythm on my track. its about geting use to how your car feels and runs. i have slower servo cars and can still get good times with it after some practice laps. faster servos and radios is not going to make you a pro racer. practice can and does. years ago racers only had slow servos and radios. they were great racers still some of the best.

Last edited by jhue73; 01-24-2024 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:28 PM
Tech Lord

trust me you wont know much of a difference on loose dirt. my track is not some carpet track or glued clay thats like pavement. it takes tons of throttle control on my tight loose track and i do get in a rhythm on my track. its about geting use to how your car feels and runs. i have slower servo cars and can still get good times with it after some practice laps. faster servos and radios is not going to make you a pro racer. practice can and does. years ago racers only had slow servos and radios. they were great racers still some of the best.
Trust me, I do know. When we have wet conditions there is also no grip with sliding cars all over the track, lucky I know how to drift.

Old 01-25-2024, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trust me, I do know. When we have wet conditions there is also no grip with sliding cars all over the track, lucky I know how to drift.
dirt drifting is fun.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

anyone know if it will bind with team associated receivers? or what protocol team associated uses?
Dunc924 likes this.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

In the receiver configuration (ER5C-i), there is the option to output on/off. Can I drive a pair of LED's off the signal pin? I can't find any documentation on it other than "switch on/off."
Old 01-30-2024, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Do people unplug the li ions from the transmitter, like lipos, or can you just leave it plugged into the radio and charge when you need it?
Old 01-30-2024, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by strodedawg
Do people unplug the li ions from the transmitter, like lipos, or can you just leave it plugged into the radio and charge when you need it?
i leave mine plugged in. i dont see any reason to unplug it. i use the radiomaster 5000mah li ion battery pack.
Old 02-01-2024, 06:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Will 4in1 works with Spektrum DSMR receivers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.