Search
Like Tree654Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tricon
I meant, why didn't you buy the wireless battery bottom of the Pro. Not the entire remote. I agree, I wouldn't pay twice the price, but I paid $160 for my Pro so was a no brainer. As far as heat degradation from wireless charging, seems like a chicken little worry to me. I've charged my phone wirelessly every day for 4 years and the battery health is at 85%. I do not plan on keeping this transmitter for 8+ years or whatever it would take to notice any bit of battery degradation over an above plugging it in.
It seems obvious that you didn't get what I was saying. Not once was I referring to the base battery, or the internal battery, of the transmitter. If you reread what I said, you will (hopefully) understand that I was referring to the batteries of whatever devices you wirelessly charge.
Old 05-19-2024, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was asking Woofenstein why he didn't buy the pro battery over the plus battery....why not pick up that sweet wireless charging?

You responded with some foo-foo nonsense about battery degradation because of (I dont know honestly, you're talking about slowing down the speed of wireless charging, immediately after saying wireless charging is slower....makes total sense) and heat. There's zero appreciable battery degradation from wireless charging in any device sold today. None. It's not slower than charging with a micro usb, and can be slower than quick charge PD devices unless it uses quick wireless charging as well. Which is all completely moot at this point anyways for a transmitter, which is what's relevant to an RCTech discussion I would presume. Wireless charging creates more heat, sure, but nothing worth caring about. All it means (and I think this is what you were trying to convey without really understanding it?) is that it's less efficient than using a cable. Meaning wired charging is about 90% efficient. Wireless charging is around 70%. This means that sending 10wh to a device with a 10wh capacity would result in a 90% state of charge for wired charging and 70% for wireless. You'd need 11wh to fill it to 100% wired, and 14.5wh to fill it wirelessly. A 3.5wh difference....or in other terms, completely inconsequential on not worth worrying about in both wasted heat energy and speed.
Old 05-19-2024, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

I was asking Woofenstein why he didn't buy the pro battery over the plus battery....why not pick up that sweet wireless charging?
If it's "all completely moot at this point anyways for a transmitter", then went did you Even bother bringing up wireless charging in the first place? After all, it has absolutely nothing to do with RC, or transmitters in general You want to 'put down' what I said, giving the reason I quoted above ..yet, in doing so, you completely negate your own reason for even having brought up wireless charging. Bet you didn't bother thinking about that before you posted your last comment, did you? Anyway, I'm done on this subject...not work wasting more time, or words, on it.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Panther6834
If it's "all completely moot at this point anyways for a transmitter", then went did you Even bother bringing up wireless charging in the first place? After all, it has absolutely nothing to do with RC, or transmitters in general You want to 'put down' what I said, giving the reason I quoted above ..yet, in doing so, you completely negate your own reason for even having brought up wireless charging. Bet you didn't bother thinking about that before you posted your last comment, did you? Anyway, I'm done on this subject...not work wasting more time, or words, on it.
Ha, the Pro battery has wireless charging.... How is that not related to a thread about that exact transmitter? Tuck tail and run..
Old 05-19-2024, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Ha, the Pro battery has wireless charging.... How is that not related to a thread about that exact transmitter? Tuck tail and run..
Not 'running'...but, your adolescence is boring me (and others, I'm certain). Good day...or night, as the case is
Old 05-19-2024, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Panther6834
Not 'running'...but, your adolescence is boring me (and others, I'm certain). Good day...or night, as the case is
Aww, don't get butthurt cause you got called out on absolute BS about wireless charging. G'night mate.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

I wished you didn't post this site because now I have to spend more $$$$$
Old 05-22-2024, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If only this FlySky Assistant would actually load in less than "hours" I would love to take care of the recurring messaging on updating firmware.......

No matter what I do on my MacBook with this Assistant it just spins.

It loaded once previously but then I needed to wait on a USB to USB-C adapter.......and now I wait......

Last edited by River19; Yesterday at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by River19
If only this Fleshy Assistant would actually load in less than "hours" I would love to take care of the recurring messaging on updating firmware.......

No matter what I do on my MacBook with this Assistant it just spins.

It loaded once previously but then I needed to wait on a USB to USB-C adapter.......and now I wait......
I can tell you it's painfully slow on windows too.
River19 likes this.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bratan
I can tell you it's painfully slow on windows too.
It just fails to load 90% of the time. I left it "spinning" overnight so 12+ hours since I tried loading it......complete fail.

I'm not losing the setup of 5+ cars to update firmware.......
Old 05-23-2024, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Calvin Kong
Your PC system version and ip address location is?
MacBook running Monterey 12.7.4
Old 05-26-2024, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Are the small receivers thst come with robust for nitro buggy?

Just wondering as have friend receiver broke inside rattle was double sided into radio box.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 358 (100%+)

Thinking about getting the plus.. What Rx are you goes using for nitro 1/8 offroad?
Old 05-27-2024, 08:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jmoneym
Thinking about getting the plus.. What Rx are you goes using for nitro 1/8 offroad?
The FGr4B enhanced receiver is best so far for nitro 1/8 offroad. You can refer to: skyvault.shop/products/flysky-fgr4b-2-4ghz-4-channels-enhanced-receiver?_pos=3&_psq=FGr4B&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Old Yesterday, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Soar Sky, skyvault shop RC website

Looking at Flysky stuff on this website.
NB4+, accessories, receivers, etc.
Anyone buy a NB4+ there? Is it the EN version?

Is this a reputable site?
Do they ship from the USA or overseas?
Long ship times?

Just curious. Don’t want to offend, but want to make sure it’s not a fraudulent site.
Thank you in advance for your insight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.