Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed) >

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you want some good packs check out revolectrix. the 5600 70c 435 packs tested very good..
Old 10-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc4basher
So I did 4 passes with these batteries which had 3 cycles on them yesterday. I was fully expecting to reach 140+ mph. The results were very disappointing.....133, 134, 134, and 132 mph. I thought for sure the SMCs would make my car faster since they are about the same weight ass my Turnigy's, but could deliver more amps with the higher capacity and same discharge.

I thought something could be wrong with my car so I then switched back to my trusty Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000MAH 60-120c 4s's and did 2 passes. 136 and 138 mph!

I was willing to give the SMCs the benefit of the doubt and figured they just needed a few more cycles on them to break in. I emailed SMC and told them my situation and Danny said he has never seen any performance increase after break in cycles. He also admitted that they pretty much make up their C ratings and none of their lipos would make my car faster. He said they would not let me exchange or refund my purchase.

I will give the SMCs one more shot next weekend with a few more cycles on them to confirm for sure the performance comparison.

Dont get me wrong, the car feels much more punchier and the packs last longer but my goal of higher top speed was obviously not achieved.

So for now....SMC lipos FTL.

sorry to hear you wasted the money on smc, they can't compare to turnigy huh? well i have always like turnigy for the price.. i would share the info with the world if you have an email where he admits false ratings..
Old 10-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by phildoggg
sorry to hear you wasted the money on smc, they can't compare to turnigy huh? well i have always like turnigy for the price.. i would share the info with the world if you have an email where he admits false ratings..
Honestly, I am not bashing these batteries. They feel great when Im just bashing the car up and down my street up to only maybe 100 mph at a time. The torque and acceleration feels much faster and the sound of full throttle sounds crazier compared to my Turnigy's. But it just did not translate into more top speed like was hoping....yet. Im gonna give them another chance this wknd with hopefully at least 10 full cycles on them so there should be no doubt they are broken in.
I have a feeling they will be faster.

What SMC said was that all manufacturers pretty much make up their specs for marketing. Its a big pissing match between manufacturers basically. He also said they go by the specs their manufactures tell them.

I may have initially been a bit too harsh and I will save my final judgement on the SMCs after more thorough and conclusive testing.

Last edited by tc4basher; 10-27-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

If you want some good packs check out revolectrix. the 5600 70c 435 packs tested very good..
Have you tried them yet? Kinda pricey but no one ever said speed is cheap! Haha
Old 10-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not yet but I might try them next. Have you had good results with SPC?
Im not up to your level in upgrades or speed...but I am working on it with a Rustler.

But I am a big fan of SPC....I plan on getting all my lipos from them from now on.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stick
Im not up to your level in upgrades or speed...but I am working on it with a Rustler.

But I am a big fan of SPC....I plan on getting all my lipos from them from now on.
Well keep us updated with your results. I am kind of skeptical now. Everytime I try a different battery in hopes they outperform my Turnigy Heavy Dutys, they always fail and I always end up coming back. Haha.

Last edited by tc4basher; 10-28-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Have you tried them yet? Kinda pricey but no one ever said speed is cheap! Haha
no i have a 4200 3s 70c 427 pack i used in my tc4. strong pack when charged to 4.2 never charged it to 4,27.. maybe my next packs but not sure..
Old 10-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

no i have a 4200 3s 70c 427 pack i used in my tc4. strong pack when charged to 4.2 never charged it to 4,27.. maybe my next packs but not sure..
I noticed you use SPCs in the past. What do you think of those? Are their C rates accurate?
Old 10-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Still have them. they are good packs but in testing earlier in my slash the revo 4200 70c pack was 1mph faster then my 5600 65c spc. both at same charge.
Plus the revo have a money back guarantee. if your not happy send them back. also they will be made for you not sitting on a shelf is my understanding. the lable comes with your name on them .
Old 10-30-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Still have them. they are good packs but in testing earlier in my slash the revo 4200 70c pack was 1mph faster then my 5600 65c spc. both at same charge.
Plus the revo have a money back guarantee. if your not happy send them back. also they will be made for you not sitting on a shelf is my understanding. the lable comes with your name on them .
Sounds like a pretty good policy and features for the Revos but performance wise, 1 mph is negligible.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

That was my experience comparing a 4200 revo pack to a 5600 spc lipo. imagine if i would have had the 5600 revo. I think its great a 4200mah pack can produce more power than a larger pack. I'll keep ya posted if and when i buy a set.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

That was my experience comparing a 4200 revo pack to a 5600 spc lipo. imagine if i would have had the 5600 revo. I think its great a 4200mah pack can produce more power than a larger pack. I'll keep ya posted if and when i buy a set.
Thats true. Pretty impressive actually for 4200 vs 5600. Ill be waiting on your results!

Last edited by tc4basher; 10-30-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

So I did 4 passes with these batteries which had 3 cycles on them yesterday. I was fully expecting to reach 140+ mph. The results were very disappointing.....133, 134, 134, and 132 mph. I thought for sure the SMCs would make my car faster since they are about the same weight ass my Turnigy's, but could deliver more amps with the higher capacity and same discharge.

I thought something could be wrong with my car so I then switched back to my trusty Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000MAH 60-120c 4s's and did 2 passes. 136 and 138 mph!

I was willing to give the SMCs the benefit of the doubt and figured they just needed a few more cycles on them to break in. I emailed SMC and told them my situation and Danny said he has never seen any performance increase after break in cycles. He also admitted that they pretty much make up their C ratings and none of their lipos would make my car faster. He said they would not let me exchange or refund my purchase.

I will give the SMCs one more shot next weekend with a few more cycles on them to confirm for sure the performance comparison.

Dont get me wrong, the car feels much more punchier and the packs last longer but my goal of higher top speed was obviously not achieved.

So for now....SMC lipos FTL.
Tunigy only it seems I will not try any other batteries..
Old 10-31-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Twisted_Metal
Tunigy only it seems I will not try any other batteries..
For as much negativity there is about "cheap" Turnigy batteries, they sure do perform well. I would say that majority of the speed run cars I see run Turnigy.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

For as much negativity there is about "cheap" Turnigy batteries, they sure do perform well. I would say that majority of the speed run cars I see run Turnigy.
Your right about that.. I like them..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.