Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Region 2 voting

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Jason M. Very well said. I will copy and paste it. Lol
I have read these threads on here. Wow!!!! I see a lot of passionate racers in our
Region. Our Region has some really good problems here.

Region 2 is in the top 3 Regions in the country for Roar members and
Roar track affiliates. Region 2 has some of the best drivers in the country.
Region 2 is very fortunate to have all the drivers and tracks that we have.
Off-Road side of things. Have done very well in our Region. We the racers want to keep it that way. That comes with some tweaking of the series or whatever
You the (members and the new Region Director) will have to work on.
On-Road side of things need help. We do have some really good On-Road tracks
in our Region. We need help with on-road. Roar has some exciting news coming
for on-road in our Region. With that being said.
Support your local track.
Support your local hobby shop.
Bring in the Young Guns/Sportsman driver
Become a Roar member today. Without YOU. We can't grow the hobby we ALL
enjoy so much.
Vote for who is going to be a good leader for our Region.
Question for Roar members.
Do you think we should have 1 Region Director for Off-Road and 1 Region Director for On-Road? Roar is currently setup to have 1 Region Director and a assistant. Thoughts?

Last edited by NITRO 540; 10-28-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Cpt.America; 10-29-2014 at 02:27 PM. Reason: don't have time to go find all the infractions. Removing the whole thing.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ronnie.. Maybe I missed something while reading, what did Roger say that was out of line or a lie.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racermac73
Ronnie.. Maybe I missed something while reading, what did Roger say that was out of line or a lie.
about promoting the hobby shops and local races
Old 10-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Hold on okay my popcorn is ready. Any thoughts on Region 2 being a one weekend event rather than a series, maybe a three race series for each state must attend two , are going to get my beer. Carry-on
Old 10-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

What's wrong with promoting local races..
Old 10-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I like the enthusiasm here, and appreciate the scheduling challenges, and appreciation for track's economies.

As a racer, I wonder if it's all as valid as we think it is? Does ROAR make or break tracks? Probably not. I don't know the financials, but it doesn't sound like ROAR is really making any profit from these races, and so that money is going back to the race program, the racers, and to the various tracks. Now, a tangent conversation would be 'do we as racers want awards? ... because we end up paying for them anyway'. I know some have expressed that they'd rather have cheaper fees and no awards, and others want awards. But that's a debate saved for another thread spanning 50+ pages.

It seems to me that the financial impact of ROAR on a track would be 'mostly' a zero sum impact. IE: If ROAR hosts a race on any particular weekend, other tracks' club programs may suffer. However, those same tracks would get more racers on a weekend that they host a ROAR event. If a track is not a ROAR member, well, then ROAR represents just another set of races race not unlike all the other races currently out there.

Also, my opinion is that if there were less ROAR races there would be more independently hosted events or series between tracks.

Consider as well that not everyone wants to compete to be regional champion, pay (time and money) to compete at the Nats, and/or go the worlds and spend an insane amount of money to poop in a third world toilet.

So, as a racer, I know that every weekend will be filled with 5 different club points series, 1 if not 2 Holy-Cow-Don't-Miss-This-Massive race, 67 people arguing about the pros and cons of Friday practice where you try to find the right tire and realize that the dirt is the same as it's always been and the same tires still work.

Anyway, as a racer, I'm basically conscious about the quality of the race program under ROAR (Is it competitive, is it fair? Is it well run?) and the atmosphere (Is it fun?). If they do well, ROAR will thrive, as will the local tracks. If executed poorly, racers will simply support local series/themed/event type races. I'll trust the ROAR folks to figure out the scheduling and economies and such (because, man.. what a headache!), so in summary .. as I navigate through all the 'interesting stuff' in this thread, I'm looking for a solid race program (like, details of what makes the program better, not just how many races or where they're at). The reality is that you may not know how well things are run 'onsite' (at the race) unless you've experienced first hand one of the candidates race days. I suspect I represent quite a few other racers.

I also think that offroad and onroad should have their own ROAR representative assigned.

Unfortunately I think my ROAR membership has expired. But I'll renew to vote.

Long note. I type fast. It's what I do.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8lackflagracing
Hold on okay my popcorn is ready. Any thoughts on Region 2 being a one weekend event rather than a series, maybe a three race series for each state must attend two , are going to get my beer. Carry-on
That is effectively Homer's plan. All this drama over a volunteer position. Lets all try and work together to keep the message positive and on point. We want to grow the racing scene, not destroy it.

The number one problem with club racing is the racers. If we just realized how lucky we are to have so many places to race and not try and bad mouth them at the first chance then we would be ok. Every track has issues, be grateful that we have a place to run on. If you have a problem with a track/facility you have two choices: run your mouth and add to the problem or offer help with the expectation that you will get a better place in return.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racermac73
What's wrong with promoting local races..
nothing at all that's what im about I spend my own money and time at drcw so we have descent place to race so we don't have to travel and ask for nothing in return bring my own equipment and tools payed for pit lane and built it at home and brought out to track and I don't even race anymore my nine year old does . but he doesn't do that he promotes one track and he gets favors for doing it
Old 10-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa
That is effectively Homer's plan. All this drama over a volunteer position. Lets all try and work together to keep the message positive and on point. We want to grow the racing scene, not destroy it.

The number one problem with club racing is the racers. If we just realized how lucky we are to have so many places to race and not try and bad mouth them at the first chance then we would be ok. Every track has issues, be grateful that we have a place to run on. If you have a problem with a track/facility you have two choices: run your mouth and add to the problem or offer help with the expectation that you will get a better place in return.
theres three Jason stay at home problem solved
Old 10-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8lackflagracing

that's the way it use to be I rmbr racing region race at pasedena getting those silver dishes lol
Old 10-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My plan is exactly that.
State races which are 1 day races.
Regionals which is a 2 day race.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

This is all way out of control... Homer is being a big cry baby on here and pouting. If you removed your feeling for homer its hard to argue. Roger is just being Roger and if homer wants to close down his track over that then he isn't the right person for the position anyhow, I know what you are saying Ronnie but nobody needs this or roar to make that happen
Old 10-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Okay fellows, this is will be my last post on this subject until December.

At 7am this morning I woke to a nasty Facebook message. This message was from someone who I considered a friend and was full of nasty untruths and unfounded lies that, if told on a public forum, could affect the well being of my family. And why? Simply because this person disagrees with some of my ideas on racing.

I have raced for many many years and have hosted races for many many years. I've been a 27-year racer (on-road and off-road), a 24-year track owner, and a 10-year hobby shop owner. Although I'm now just a racer and track owner, I know first hand the struggles that affect all three areas. It is with that experience that I want to put together a program that creates an atmosphere where all three flourish and thrive.

I can't promise that my ideas will work. And I can't guarantee that there won't be bugs to worked out. But I was willing to try with my best effort until this morning's threatening email.

I'm NOT withdrawing and if you've voted for me or plan to vote for me, then I appreciate your support. I've been quiet today because I've been so shocked that someone would make such false allegations and stoop to that level of threats.

I'm not afraid of debate or discussion and I'm open to all ideas and welcome them. But you don't know something won't work until you try and that's all I was proposing. In our region, the ROAR series has been very successful. I think it's a mistake to turn it into a single two-day event. That's my opinion. At least I'm getting my opinions out there. I have yet to hear my opponent's ideas. We've only heard from Roger Holmes, who is an unconfirmed assistant to Al.

So racers, vote for who you think will do the best job and we'll see how this all shakes out once the ballots are tallied. I'll either be back to accept the position or congratulate the winner.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Its a sad world if someone makes threats to anyone, especially their families over anything... But over toy cars ? Bout time to turn Ronnie loose over that crap

Last edited by Tony Rivas; 10-29-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.