R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   ROAR Region 2 voting (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/843389-roar-region-2-voting.html)

Homer Allman 10-23-2014 04:16 PM

ROAR Region 2 voting

The ballad is now online at ROAR Racing.com. Al Sodano and myself have decided to run for the position of Region 2 director. I think most of you know me and what I bring to the table. I have had a track for 25 years and counting. I've raced or been to a races in almost every corner of our region. I know the racers and tracks well. So with that said I ask for your vote to filled the spot of region 2 director. If you have any questions for me just post them here.

Al you are more than welcome to post in this thread as well and good luck to you.

steve wood 10-23-2014 06:19 PM

Homer is the man, past speaks for itself

Roger H 10-23-2014 06:44 PM

Whats your plan for regionals? Both indoor and 1/8th

Flagler 10-23-2014 06:56 PM

What's the plan for growing outdoor 10th scale offroad racing?

Also, you mean Al Sodano, right?

Homer Allman 10-24-2014 04:32 AM

Thanks Steve.

Roger my plan would be to have a state and regional series for offroad as well a regional one race champ and state champ race. All these races would be broken down by state first. Then the combined state races would qualify you for the regional events where all the states come together. This is all intended to lessen the travel time and the amount of entries at a given event. My personal believe is the travel is too long, the races are too big and rushed. Two qualifiers and done and 9 pm is not what the racers want. That wasn't a bash on Jason. He did a perfect job with these 100 entry races, but they are getting too big for one day events and need to be scaled back by using the state races. I have a entire plan worked up on how we drive less miles to the track and race more ROAR races. Get me elected and I will share more.

Flager growing 1/10 outdoors is not an easy task. I will admit. Most of the outdoor tracks are built for 1/8th and don't even consider 1/10th. I am guilty of that as well when I build my track. The best thing we can do is take advantage of the the current indoor tracks we have in the winter. We need more ROAR races at these places. Growing 1/10th indoors with more races can't hurt. However to really grow the outdoor scene we would have to start by scheduling more outdoor races and hopefully get the tracks to tone it down a bit for the 1/10 races.

If elected regional director I am willing to travel to all the races, indoor, outdoor, onroad, offroad or whatever we are racing to share my 25 years of racing experience and help where I can. I know how to build tracks and score races. I've done this for 25 years and counting.

kevinpowell 10-24-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Homer Allman (Post 13614515)
Get me elected and I will share more.

That sounds like the "Affordable Care Act". Pass the bill then we'll tell you whats in it.

Homer Allman 10-24-2014 08:56 AM

I pretty much spelled it out though. Less travel, more races. That's my plan and I am sticking to it. :-)

Mo Denton 10-24-2014 10:11 AM

just voted!!!
you think when its all said and done you can get my card updated??!!! lol
was weird when I renewed my membership this year they sent me an expired card..:lol:

jmackani 10-24-2014 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mo Denton (Post 13615046)
just voted!!!
you think when its all said and done you can get my card updated??!!! lol
was weird when I renewed my membership this year they sent me an expired card..:lol:

Mo,
You can email [email protected] and he should be able to fix. Roar events use a list to validate the membership anyway.

munrath 10-25-2014 12:31 PM

Personally as a racer and member of ROAR and this region for as long as I can remember. I like the big events, but do believe travel costs are high.

Here are my thoughts for the ROAR Series as I believe this is the best thing we have for our region and probably in most states.

I'd like to try and keep costs down for everyone, yet have the great racing that we have currently.

Have a North and South Region Champion and then combine them for an overall champion. Here are my thoughts:

1. South
- 3 race series (no drops)
- Awesome RC
- RC Pro
- Tiltyard
- 40% track change
- 3 Qualifiers
- No Friday practice
2. North
- 3 race series (no drops)
- Trains and Lanes
- LCRC
- G's Raceway
- 40% track change
- 3 Qualifiers
- No Friday practice

3 Mid-Atlantic Champion
- Host track LCRC
- 3 qualifiers
- Double A's for Electric
- 40 % track change
- The North and South Champion from each class qualify automatically to the A-main of his/her respected class.

I believe this will cut travel cost, tire, fuel, hotel, etc... This way we have a North and South Champion and then we have the Regional Champion as well.

Thoughts for you to think about.

Mark

Homer Allman 10-25-2014 02:05 PM

I'm thinking something very similar.

jmackani 10-25-2014 02:50 PM

I think Mark just said to put his name on the ballot as a write in.

All of your post assumes this is what track owners want too. Friday practice was never on the series schedule. This was all the track owners decision. How much money does a track owner spend on 40% track change? Homer can attest to this. How much money will a track lose on lower entries? All fun things to add the next guys headaches.

Homer Allman 10-25-2014 03:16 PM

I am mostly a one man team, so a 40% change in the middle of a season is undoable for me. I do not feel we race enough here to warrant many changes through the season. Some tracks charge for practice to earn money, me I allow practice to get the track groove going. So i'm not against Friday practice. Tracks with hobby shops can always use practices days as extra income, so i'm sure they are for it as well.

I've seen all sides, I see all sides.

munrath 10-26-2014 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by jmackani (Post 13616770)
I think Mark just said to put his name on the ballot as a write in.

All of your post assumes this is what track owners want too. Friday practice was never on the series schedule. This was all the track owners decision. How much money does a track owner spend on 40% track change? Homer can attest to this. How much money will a track lose on lower entries? All fun things to add the next guys headaches.

This was just one of my suggestions having raced this series for a few years and listening to the racers, visiting all of the tracks, watching what goes on, talking to people and seeing the turnouts. It's never going to be a win/win and takes both racers and track owners to make it work. Since I don't race at just one track and travel to many of them I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea of what the local racers want and what they don't.

As far a the 40% track change it all depends on the existing layout. Since I've done this at one of my local track it took a few racers getting together and doing a pipe change and some grooming. It didn't cost the track owner anything. What it did do was keep the local racers coming back because they weren't running on the same layout week after week.

Everything has 2 sides, pro's and con's and I'm sure it can be argued both ways. I'm not sure track owners rely just on this series to make or break there season. Again my post was a simple suggestion for the series and while at RC Pro today several of the racers came to me and like the idea as many of them can't afford to travel to track 5 - 7 hours away, get a hotel, spend the gas money and it's a way for them to participate in the series in a more affordable fashion.

Note: This was just a suggestion/idea food for thought, no need to fire bullets... ROFL

Mark

Roger H 10-26-2014 05:59 PM

Why not stick to state races, and a 2 day regional at a track that would be willing to do a layout change?

The series race has its pros, but honestly i feel it hurts the shops. Traveling to all these races where roar gets a pretty big cut of entry only makes it less likely for the racers to travel back to there big races where they actually make a couple bucks. I personally would much rather run a 2 day regional and then have the options and money to pick what tracks and races i want to travel to.

On a side note, whats up with 1/10 regionals?